Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I love your avatar.
    Thanks!
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
    I was thinking that release tomorrow for the deluxe is the first TMNT/Batman crossover.

I thought the second crossover has not had a collected release yet. In August is when I thought the release of TMNT/Batman II Hardcover would come out.

I could be wrong though.
    I misread that, it is the first crossover. It's not going to be an instant buy for me. I thought it was odd to release it in standard trim and I should've listened more to my gut. I hate double dipping so now I'm anticipating a future book, oversized, that collects both mini-series. Heck, I anticipate a third mini at this point, trilogies are the thing to do after all!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I misread that, it is the first crossover. It's not going to be an instant buy for me. I thought it was odd to release it in standard trim and I should've listened more to my gut. I hate double dipping so now I'm anticipating a future book, oversized, that collects both mini-series. Heck, I anticipate a third mini at this point, trilogies are the thing to do after all!
    Yeah when I first noticed the release I was excited. I thought it was for the second crossover.

But then I was like wait a second didn’t the last issue just come out only four months ago. So I looked into it thinking that was pretty quick to already have a deluxe hc release.

I purchased the first hc for the first crossover a long time ago. I didn’t expect a deluxe to be released.

But now I might wait on picking up the second crossover in August. And see if that also gets a deluxe. Or maybe wait even longer and get both collected. But I hate waiting.
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

I've been trying to dodge all of the newer talk about the series. I started reading the Dimension X trade and i realized that i forgot most of what was going on with the series. So I decided to start my reread i had been wanting to do this year. I just finished issue 20 and the Fugitoid Micro last night. I forgot how much i enjoyed this series.

I love how it grabs bits from all other iterations and makes it work so well. I mean they put Neutrinos in it and they work perfectly. I enjoyed the 2012 annual more this time around because I couldn't actually understand what was going on.

So I have to vent about this. Not too long ago I started getting kind of pumped to get into the current ongoing TMNT run. There's a general consensus that it's just great, and also that the best way to catch up (besides digital, which I'm not a fan of) is the hardcover IDW collected editions. So I ordered the first one. Shipping was from the US to Canada where I live, so it took a while. I avidly followed the tracking details daily. It's safe to say that my excitement to get into this series is at the boiling point.

My order arrived yesterday. I got the notification at work, so I was excited all day. Got home. The package is a 5th of an inch thick, and flimsy, and I'm suddenly very concerned. I rip it open and take out my manhandled single issue of My Little Pony. It has an ad on the back for the TMNT collected hardcovers. I am dejected.

It's not that I worry I won't be made whole. I've initiated the return/refund process. But now I have to begin the waiting process for ordering one all over again. Yes, I know I could just read the comics digitally today, but physical makes the experience for me. I'm lighting some candles. Still very excited, despite frustration.

That would make me INCREDIBLY frustrated. On a similar note.. when I started ordering the IDW hardcover collections, when I ordered volume 1, I bought it from a 3rd party seller who listed it as brand new and it came in absolutely torn apart. And there was no way that sort of damage happened in transit. I was able to send it back and get a new edition, but still. C'mon, man.

Just as a follow-up to my above post -- the correct item arrived, and I'm loving my intro to the series!

Love the decision to start with Old Hob and his goons (and Stockman) as a unique intro to the characters and mythos, gradually working towards more engagement with the Foot Clan. Love the integration of one-offs for each turtle, to quickly flesh out their unique personalities for readers that don't have prior turtle experience. Love that the turtles are as much about the friction that sometimes exists between the brothers, as about the camaraderie. Just really good fun and strong storytelling. I'm excited to read on and watch the world grow!

Thanks to those on these forums who recommended I give the series a shot.

I had saved up Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road for a run through reading.
    Finished it last night. As a duo they are the most off beat characters to read about. I feel the creative team did a great job with their voices.
    I doubt we've seen the last of "The Olympian" either. Kinda be a shame to see her go evil as her encounter with B&R seem to have an emotional side that caused her to mentally flip at the end there.

I also do not know the music style they named their pet dino after. Would need to look that up.

A song about April O'Neil by the wonderfully nerdy Leslie Hudson: Underground. There is also a live version on Youtube, but sadly the bass is too dominant there.

It is part of her concept album The Redhead League about nine redheaded heroines.

I enjoyed the Christmas issue of TMNT, was it #84, during December and felt it was doing a great job of tying into the MicroSeries oneshots.
    It seems evident that a re-unification of Splinter as the head of the Clan Hamato is coming. I feel that the upcoming Shredder in Hell mini-series will see his return to leading the Foot, although I'm very curious about what Kari is doing since we just saw her in the Leo micro one shot.

As a nostalgic aside I'm enjoying the Image reprints of vol.2, Urban Legends. The last issue was #8, the real bizarre material is about to come up if I recall. Curious what the unpublished 3 issue proper finale is going to be like.

Astonishing Member

I catched up yesterday, after a massive run from issue 1 to 89, including every mini, macro, maxi whatever crossover series and TMNT Universe. What a ride. The most consistent book at the market right now, in terms of storytelling and characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I just grabbed this, the last copy at my LCS, and after reading it tonight immediately added it to my pull list. It's beautiful. The art in this book is amazing. It's also really, well written - Santolouco does a good job penning Oroku Saki as the protagonist.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...der-in-hell-1/

Since this is likely to be the story of how Saki/Shredder returns to life in the present this should be a crucial mini for TMNT fans to read.
    Also, with Kari now set to challenge Yoshi/Splinter for leadership of the Foot that dynamic is at play for when Shredder returns(issue #100 anyone?).

Astonishing Member

Isnt the rumor that someone dies in TMNT 100? Maybe Shredder returns, kills Splinter and is taking over the foot again?