Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Then you should get more TMNT books cause the main series and TMNT Universe are indeed at that quality.

Shredder in Hell has been really good so far!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

The epic conclusion to the Archie TMNT series, The Forever War, may finally see a release if it can get enough crowd-funded support

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2019/...-about-to.html

Just read issue #93 of the current series, titled CITY AT WAR. It's off to a good start!! I really love what IDW has done with the TMNT franchise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The epic conclusion to the Archie TMNT series, The Forever War, may finally see a release if it can get enough crowd-funded support

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2019/...-about-to.html
    Great news, I've always wanted to read that storyline.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I absolutely LOVE the IDW series and the 2012 Nick show (which ended way to soon!). IDW has done an amazing job with their series and I hope it continues for a very long time.
    Lately, my son and I have been watching the 2k3 TMNT cartoon. He's never seen it before and I've only watched random shows when it originally aired. We are mid-way through season 1 and we both love it. I can't wait to watch all 7 seasons!!
    Rise of the TMNT is an abomination that I hope has an early death! I cannot believe Nick ended such an awesome show only to replace it with that garbage!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I absolutely LOVE the IDW series and the 2012 Nick show (which ended way to soon!). IDW has done an amazing job with their series and I hope it continues for a very long time.
    Lately, my son and I have been watching the 2k3 TMNT cartoon. He's never seen it before and I've only watched random shows when it originally aired. We are mid-way through season 1 and we both love it. I can't wait to watch all 7 seasons!!
    Rise of the TMNT is an abomination that I hope has an early death! I cannot believe Nick ended such an awesome show only to replace it with that garbage!!
    Very cool. And I agree on Rise. It's brutal to watch. And a bummer for kids that are being exposed to the turtles through that iteration for the first time. Not a good impression to leave.

Spectacular Member

Probably my favorite episode is Turtles Forever. Having all three versions together in one show made it really fun.

Rise is the first iteration of TMNT since the live action New Mutation that is worthy of an early death. The latter got it, the former should as well.
    I do kind of like the idea of Venus and it is a shame that is how she was attempted to be infused into the lore.

Just going to re-post my thoughts from the Batman forum about the new crossover movie:

Just watched this, and it was awesome! Definitely the most violent thing the Turtles have been in outside the comics, but nothing too over the top. The action scenes were top notch, the visuals and animation were great, the characters were all on point, and the voices worked great outside maybe Shredder and Ra's. Story worked and was serviceable for setting up just about everything you want to see from the team up, and there were great moments between the characters. So yeah, I'm pretty happy.

Not sure how it stacks against the comic book crossovers since I haven't read those yet, but if you enjoy both these franchises I can easily recommend this movie.

Just read Shredder in Hell #3. This book is an awesome read, and is beautifully drawn. Mateus Santolouco is an amazing artist/storyteller. I never thought I'd root for Shredder, but am I ever doing that here!

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...der-in-hell-3/

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    Since the recent overhaul, just thought it would be useful to start this thread to act as a general discussion for all things TMNT based... mostly the comics, since this is the comics section of the "community". But general TMNT discussion is welcomed as well...

That being said.. exciting news today.. the second trailer for TMNT came out today .. and also we are getting closer to the 30th anniversary date of the turtles that will provide us with that great cover collaboration of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird !

Anything you all have your sights set on to celebrate the 30th? and whats been your favorite series of TMNT related comics?? I've always had a soft spot for adventures growing up with the cartoon.. but I love the classics too and IDW is doing a great job with the ongoing as well as cataloging old material for new readers.
    I love TMNT from Eastman & Laird. Here's one of my all-time favorite images from their run:

Astonishing Member

What are you guys thinking about the female Turtle?

I always thought about it as cheesy, but I have high hopes that this turtles writing team will manage it. They already did it with everything they touched...

Couldn't have done it any better. I think it's going to be great.

Because they made us care about Jennika already for the past 40 something issues(or more) her transformation means that much more.
    I've long felt that a Venus-redux was the last big element that this run hadn't yet tackled. This run has taken elements from all prior volumes/styles and blended it into what is going to very likely be the redefining series of TMNT printed lore for sometime to come!!

Now, if she takes a code name and its Venus--win win! Jennika or Jenny just doesn't flow off the tongue with the other 4.

Astonishing Member

The question is, why would she called Venus? She already has her name and doesn't need a codename. The turtles doesn't have a codename, too.

But I would prefer a clever solution to call her Venus. Or Donatella (just kidding)

I wonder how it is possible to give us a book that lasts 95 issues in such a high quality. It still has to disappoint me.