Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I have a feeling it'll reach its natural conclusion at 50. Anything past that would be welcomed obviously.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I dunno about cancellation, why bother with the Mutanimals mini series if they're cancelling so soon? I hope this book goes on after #45.

That being said, that solicitation has me worried for Donnie and Splinter, both are in rather tense situations with Shredder and Old Hobb after this months issue.
    I don't mean that it is getting canceled with #45. The solicitation says this is the "final storyline leading to #50." That sounds to me like this is the final storyarc, and then the title is done and over at 50 issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kgr79 View Post
    I don't mean that it is getting canceled with #45. The solicitation says this is the "final storyline leading to #50." That sounds to me like this is the final storyarc, and then the title is done and over at 50 issues.
    It could just mean that #50 is going to be a huge issue and this is the story arc that leads directly to it so start reading at this point if you are not already. On the other hand, with everything going on this last issue... it does seem pretty final.

Amazing Member

I hope it doesn't end at 50. I'm back in the Northampton arc, but I love this series so much.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Read issue #42 last night and I enjoyed how they took a few pages and laid out the "off panel planning" that we didn't see. Felt a bit cinematic in that regard, what we thought was one thing ended up being something else. So, yeah, Donnie did storm off upset but Leo rallies and gets Team Turtle back on the same page while keeping things on a "need to know".

Stockman with is micro fly drone! Excellent!

My only concern though is that Shredder & the Foot now know exactly where in the sewers the Lair is located.

Can't wait for issue #43 with that last page!!

**Also, I noted in the letters column official word that the Hard Cover Color Classics is coming with a vol.4!! I'm guessing we'll see that later this year!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My only concern though is that Shredder & the Foot now know exactly where in the sewers the Lair is located.
    It wasn't the lair, was it? Just a generic warehouse somewhere.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    This. Now, if the end of the series is looming I genuinely think either Splinder or Donnie are not going to survive this last arc...

or they just want to start a new direction with a new #1....the marvel way...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Was it? I hope you're right, for some reason I'd thought it was the lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    or they just want to start a new direction with a new #1....the marvel way...
    There are some admirable traits to copy from Marvel. The regurgitating #1 cycle is not one of them. I hope this title continues will past 50, enough to become the longest consecutive numbered TMNT book, passing the Archie Adv series that went to #72.

Able to say if the Ghostbusters mini has any relevance to the main ongoing?

Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Able to say if the Ghostbusters mini has any relevance to the main ongoing?

Thanks!
    It is the turtles getting stuck in the Ghostbusters' universe although the villain is (a new character?) from the turtles' universe. While it is not relevant to the current story in the ongoing it does feel like a turtles adventure.

Thanks for that! I might pick up the trade, especially because Tom Waltz is attached.

I'm waiting on the GB/TMNT trade as well.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's a horrible thing that the annuals are not collected with the trades in the order they should be read. It would also be great if the micro series would say somewhere on them, what issues to read before and after. Sure, within the issues themselves, you'll read a small footnote, but that's not as good as saying the necessary in the table of contents.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is the turtles getting stuck in the Ghostbusters' universe although the villain is (a new character?) from the turtles' universe. While it is not relevant to the current story in the ongoing it does feel like a turtles adventure.
    Mostly 'cause it is.

Also a GB adventure.

They're rooted in both worlds.

Will it have effects to the Turtles later on?

That'd be spoiling things. (;
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham