Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I still think that if they put some effort on Ghostbusters it would still be running...such as better ART...

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's a horrible thing that the annuals are not collected with the trades in the order they should be read. It would also be great if the micro series would say somewhere on them, what issues to read before and after. Sure, within the issues themselves, you'll read a small footnote, but that's not as good as saying the necessary in the table of contents.
    There is a hardcover collection coming out soon that has the micros and annuals placed in the right order.

http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...+ninja+turtles

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I have a feeling it'll reach its natural conclusion at 50. Anything past that would be welcomed obviously.
    It would be fitting to end it at 50, but if they could I would love to see it last until at least 60.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    I still think that if they put some effort on Ghostbusters it would still be running...such as better ART...
    Hm. Well, the same artist is killing it on TMNT/GB; some fans are saying "I didn't even know there was a GB book -- is it also this good?" (I'm not saying we couldn't have done better getting the word out! lol)

And when I say killing it, I mean outselling most of the IDW books.

So better is pretty subjective. Dan's aces. Consistent, loves the material, hits the deadline, goes above and beyond.

You never know what the future may hold. (;
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    There is a hardcover collection coming out soon that has the micros and annuals placed in the right order.

http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...+ninja+turtles
    Thanks. I saw that. Hopefully it will contain the annuals too.

And hopefully, the trades start incorporating them at some point. I already started collecting the trades and I won't be switching to these hardcovers, especially because we're just getting this first hardcover now, and the trades are about to release volume 10, with 11 already available for pre-order. Without having to get monthlies, which I just can't afford, the trades are the best way for me to go and get my Turtles as soon as possible.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just saw the new Previews solicits mag from Diamond at my LCS last night.
    The write up for #45:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #45

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Santolouco, Eastman (c)
    The Turtles return from Burnow Island to find unimaginable tragedy. As the family struggles to cope, an enraged Foot Clan prepares its revenge. It’s all been building to this…the start of the final storyline leading to #50!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    What the holy heck fire IDW!!! You're just going to arbitrarily end this titles run at #50. We know it's not ending due to sales, sales are healthy and strong.
    This title has the momentum to be the longest running, consecutively numbered TMNT series and instead IDW is going to pull a Marvel and just renumber?!
    Be more Walking Dead, Witchblade, Savage Dragon and not vol#9 issue #1 Avenger-itis IDW.

Disappointed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

What the holy heck fire IDW!!! You're just going to arbitrarily end this titles run at #50. We know it's not ending due to sales, sales are healthy and strong.
    This title has the momentum to be the longest running, consecutively numbered TMNT series and instead IDW is going to pull a Marvel and just renumber?!
    Be more Walking Dead, Witchblade, Savage Dragon and not vol#9 issue #1 Avenger-itis IDW.

Disappointed.
    When I read the solicit, I took it as the last storyline before issue #50. Not the final storyline in the series. Hopefully I'm not wrong...

I just finished the City Fall arc. I really enjoyed it, especially the Hun micro. Can someone explain Aloplex's motivation for turning on Shredder? Was she angry that she is no longer a regular fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Disappointed.
    For all we know it may just be the end of the series.. with no relaunch. Who knows... maybe Waltz will have told the stories he's wanted to tell for the turtles by 50. Or, like some posters have pointed out, just the last storyline leading up to the milestone of 50.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    I just finished the City Fall arc. I really enjoyed it, especially the Hun micro. Can someone explain Aloplex's motivation for turning on Shredder? Was she angry that she is no longer a regular fox?
    Shredder burned down her old home as a test of her loyalty. She attacked him for it, but then backed down. She decided that she would get back at him eventually while remaining on his side. Then, she went after him, but wasn't able to kill him.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Bob Churnow from IDW has his own forum at the home site. Being that this is in my top 3 reads I saw the news here and got a little alarmed. I read up over there (conversation starts at the bottom of page#187 and continues over to the next page) and this is what I got:
    - There is no plan to cancel the series as long as sales continue the way they are going (meaning the sales are currently what IDW considers healthy of course).
    - There are talks to restart a new volume at issue #1 after #50. Churnow doesn't want this.
    - He notes though that the main reason is that #1's bring in good numbers and this would increase the stability of line (more or less said) and that would be a positive of renumbering (I'm inclined to agree, while I don't like immediate renumbering I favor anything that potentially keeps the series going strong to all else).

But phew! Scared me for a moment.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Bob Churnow from IDW has his own forum at the home site. Being that this is in my top 3 reads I saw the news here and got a little alarmed. I read up over there (conversation starts at the bottom of page#187 and continues over to the next page) and this is what I got:
    - There is no plan to cancel the series as long as sales continue the way they are going (meaning the sales are currently what IDW considers healthy of course).
    - There are talks to restart a new volume at issue #1 after #50. Churnow doesn't want this.
    - He notes though that the main reason is that #1's bring in good numbers and this would increase the stability of line (more or less said) and that would be a positive of renumbering (I'm inclined to agree, while I don't like immediate renumbering I favor anything that potentially keeps the series going strong to all else).

But phew! Scared me for a moment.
    Thanks for the info!

The whole creative team has said all along they'd like for it to go as long as financially possible. With that being said, I see no real reason for it to end at issue 50, because of your first bullet, except for the point in your second bullet. A renumbering to bring in a bit more sales, AKA The NEW Marvel Method.

So what I'm going to do is sit back and enjoy the hell out of The Attack on the Technodrome and then go from there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for the update! I'm clearly with Churnow that restarting with a new #1 isn't the way to go.
    All a #1 does is get orders up for a short term boost by those seeking variants. By the time you get to issue #6/7/8 the readership has once again fallen back to the stable levels it was for #35-50. We see this all the time.

Just promote the heck fire out of any new direction the story is going to go with issue #51 and if you are so inclined offer the crazy amount of variants for that. People seeking variants, to my knowledge, don't really care about the number on the book---it's about the variant being a variant!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I got a reply from a Ghostbuster writer!!!!! I like it!!!!! If it ever starts up again and you are writing it Eric Burnham....I will Def check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
    Hm. Well, the same artist is killing it on TMNT/GB; some fans are saying "I didn't even know there was a GB book -- is it also this good?" (I'm not saying we couldn't have done better getting the word out! lol)

And when I say killing it, I mean outselling most of the IDW books.

So better is pretty subjective. Dan's aces. Consistent, loves the material, hits the deadline, goes above and beyond.

You never know what the future may hold. (;

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Probably merit to that. Consistent readership would likely stay consistent one way or the other. The inclusion of a special 1-shot or annual like issue could just as well net the draw they seem to be thinking about thinking about without interrupting the numbering. Either way they go I was more happy to read it isn't in danger of cancellation at this time. Whether I'll be picking up #51 or #1 as long as it's continuing that's good enough news for me.
    I make love, you make me sick.