Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

OK, I'm all caught up on this series. So great. So happy that I decided to start reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    OK, I'm all caught up on this series. So great. So happy that I decided to start reading it.
    Glad you're enjoying it. Any thoughts on the current major arc?

I'm interested in getting into the IDW series except I'm a little put off by the whole "reincarnated sons of Hamato Yoshi" thing. Is that still a thing?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it. Any thoughts on the current major arc?
    I'm loving the Mutanimals. They bring some fresh air to the series...even though the series didn't really need fresh air. Pigeon Pete gets me chuckling every time he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm interested in getting into the IDW series except I'm a little put off by the whole "reincarnated sons of Hamato Yoshi" thing. Is that still a thing?
    That's what they believe. It works, I think. Better than Splinter finding a martial arts book in the sewers and all of a sudden becoming a master at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's what they believe. It works, I think. Better than Splinter finding a martial arts book in the sewers and all of a sudden becoming a master at it.
    I found the reincarnation retcon to be a great addition to the mythos of TMNT, a perfect compliment to the origin of Eastman & Laird. To add to that, The Secret History of The Foot Clan mini, is one of the best stories since all this started and it really gets deep into the reincarnation from feudal Japan.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Er. I'm just now getting bummed about the delay. I looked at my pull list and realized aside from IXth Generation the only titles I was really hyped for this week were the IDW pulls. I'm toying with the idea of not even going to the LCS (100+ mile trip) and just holding off now.
    I make love, you make me sick.

TMNT in May:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #46
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Santolouco, Eastman (c)
    Casey prepares for a final showdown with Hun as the Purple Dragons run amok. Meanwhile the TMNT struggle to reunite as a family while a greater threat looms… what is THE STOCKMAN SWARM?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • With the villains unhinged, the threat to TMNT has never been greater!
    • Variant Cover by Alberto Ponticelli!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutanimals #4 (of 4)
    Paul Allor (w) • Andy Kuhn (a & c)
    The climactic showdown between the Mutanimals and Null! Surprises await both sides of the conflict!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I just finished 43, and it had some great confrontations and fight scenes, but some character moments seemed really odd. I'm gonna give it a second read in the morning, but this one seemed kind of bittersweet I guess. Without spoiling too much some parts ended abruptly and the dialogue between Raph and Mike was really off in one point.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Read it again and wrote a review, I'll post the link to avoid any spoilers. My thoughts and review here: https://turnthepagecomics.wordpress....les-43-review/

Astonishing Member

Stoked on the promise of more and more Archie characters in Mutanimals. And Ray Fillet. And just generally more Mondo.

Last issue of the main series was nice, too. That last scene with Donnie and the cretins! Oh boy!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Decent issue. I can't tell if I didn't enjoy it more because there's so much happening or if I'm experiencing some fatigue with the arc and book.

Amazing Member

Loved the Mutanimals issue. Pigeon Pete is so great.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Holding Mutanimals until tomorrow. I don't want to read it while I'm sleepy. Read #43. It's Ninja Turtles so my opinion should be guessable. Veeeeeeeery niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Holding Mutanimals until tomorrow. I don't want to read it while I'm sleepy. Read #43. It's Ninja Turtles so my opinion should be guessable. Veeeeeeeery niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!
    Agreed. And I think you'll really like Mutanimals .