Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Oh man...

spoilers:
    I think there's also a good chance he had his mind uploaded into Metalhead before he expired. IDW has always kept Bebop and Rocksteady as dumb and goofy but paired it with a sadistic and brutal streak in this incarnation. "Didya expect it to look like THAT under there?" "Gross" sums them up perfectly.

But let's not miss that a lot else happened in this issue: We also saw Fugitoid win against Krang and reunite with the Neutrinos. Will Bunrow island become a home for the Utrons, only under the eye of the Fugitoid, so they will be a benevolent force as in the Mirage comics? Baxter saved Shredder, while Koya and Bludgeon failed, Karai seemed to actually hesitate at Splinter's offer to team up with him to reform the Foot.

Leo is going to feel deep guilt over how his plan turned out for Don. And yes, I can see Raph, along with Casey, Angel and Alopex, all looking for revenge. Can't wait.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

HOOOO-LYYYYYY CHIT.

I did not expect that.

(It's actually kind of a perfect development. I've been paying close attention to the contrasting of science vs. mysticism in TMNT, and how that's reflective of the conflict between Leo and Donnie's disparate personas. Leo is innately mystic, shamanistic, he's all about the kung-fu and the magic - expect big things when this "pantheon", which no doubt includes Rat King and Kitsune, gets explored (sidenote: April gets to be an antique-hunter, a scientist, AND a reporter, by searching for these answers). Donnie is our super-scientist conduit, and he's also our skeptic when it comes to the mystical. Well ... assuredly, he'll "come back" somehow. Somehow mystical. And assuredly that's a great story to tell happening to a skeptical, scientific type. In the meantime seeing Mikey super-sad and Raph super-mad should be pretty amazing.)
    Last edited by K. Jones; 03-19-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Librarian View Post
    Oh man...

spoilers:
    I think there's also a good chance he had his mind uploaded into Metalhead before he expired. IDW has always kept Bebop and Rocksteady as dumb and goofy but paired it with a sadistic and brutal streak in this incarnation. "Didya expect it to look like THAT under there?" "Gross" sums them up perfectly.

But let's not miss that a lot else happened in this issue: We also saw Fugitoid win against Krang and reunite with the Neutrinos. Will Bunrow island become a home for the Utrons, only under the eye of the Fugitoid, so they will be a benevolent force as in the Mirage comics? Baxter saved Shredder, while Koya and Bludgeon failed, Karai seemed to actually hesitate at Splinter's offer to team up with him to reform the Foot.

Leo is going to feel deep guilt over how his plan turned out for Don. And yes, I can see Raph, along with Casey, Angel and Alopex, all looking for revenge. Can't wait.
    end of spoilers
    Could this be the birth of TCRI? Might we be looking at a TCRI vs. StockGen scenario? That'd be cool. I suppose I'd like to see it play out that way (Maybe with an Utrom Doctor Jordan Perry to finally do something with that unfinished movie element.) Between that and Hob's encounters with Null it's pretty clear the "secret of the ooze" is of vital import these days and super-science companies vying for it will be a tug of war that creates awesome mutant monsters.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 03-19-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

My first thought was the cyborg days of Image as well. He took a long fall from an airship and shattered on the ground but rebuilt himself. It was a busy design though.

that issue was brutal. did not expect or see that coming.

Extraordinary Member

I saw some headlines suggesting something happened that I had to quickly avoid before finally getting to read this issue. It was certainly shocking and no matter what happens next issue it felt like it will have an impact and will no doubt mean something in the next story arc.

The rest of the story wrapped up excellently as well and looks to also set the stage for some interesting future stories.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Anyone else notice that this run of the Turtles is going to end with #50?

Seems like
    spoilers:
    Donnie's death may be permanent.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post

Seems like
    spoilers:
    Donnie's death may be permanent.
    end of spoilers
    Tom Waltz confirmed on twitter that the series does not end at 50 and they have big plans... that could mean it ends at 51, or it could mean they'll go to 100. But it won't end at 50.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    I know it has been discussed before but I do not remember if anyone had anything official or unofficial either way, but if you are referring to this being the final storyline before issue #50 then all that says is there is a 4 issue storyline leading to #50. I took it more to hype up a big double-size issue than to announce the end of the series (otherwise #50 would be described as final).

BANNED

Do you guys think IDW might collect the Image comic series someday since they're done with the classic series?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Do you guys think IDW might collect the Image comic series someday since they're done with the classic series?
    I wish they would! It's a short run, 22/23 issues IIRC and they way they collect the Ultimate line at 8/9 issues that would be about 3 volumes.
    I think if they did do it they should just do one large collection of the whole thing that way those who might be on the fence about it could be enticed to get it all at once. Otherwise they'd tell themselves they don't like it "that much" to invest in the 3 smaller per issue format.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

wow. what an issue. man i love this run

Astonishing Member

Today's Mutanimals was a stellar example of how to do a "middle chapter". Intriguing characters from issue # 1 grow more intriguing as they're developed. Bad Guy and Good Guy motives are clarified. Hob starts sounding more and more like a tomcat Magneto. As the voice of reason, I guess that makes Slash a snapping turtle Xavier. Null is a lady! Interesting twist. Then you bring in the new characters for the issue and they service multiple needs. Ray Fillet is total fanbait. Sally Cat is so totally to shake things up with Hob.

They said "two mutants" and I was like "Jagwar?! Dreadmon?!" but I can wait. Ray and Sally are good enough. Looking forward to seeing Slash and Mondo forming plans without the rest of the gang.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just got caught up on some reading and Mutanimals #2 was one I read last night.
    It was indeed a solid chapter entry for this mini-series! Is this series the first we are seeing of Null? What is she? Has that been said, did I miss it or I glossed over it when it was said--frustrating me on that atm.
    Nice to see Ray, like Gecko another nice carry over that IDW is doing from the Archie years. Sally though is, like Null, racking my brains on who she is?

Curious to see where #3 leads us--poor Mutagen Man, he's on quite the emotional roller coaster during all this is he not?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!