Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Recently finished volume 5 of IDW's reprint of Mirage TMNT Deluxe Edition.

I've only read the Mirage TMNT from the 80's and early 90's. Could anyone recommend another good run?

Are the colored reprint volumes worth checking out?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Recently finished volume 5 of IDW's reprint of Mirage TMNT Deluxe Edition.

I've only read the Mirage TMNT from the 80's and early 90's. Could anyone recommend another good run?

Are the colored reprint volumes worth checking out?
    The colored reprints are interesting, but I don't know if it's like essential to have to see them that way. Especially if you've already read them. Nice editions though.

The current IDW-universe run is soul-achingly good comics.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just got caught up on some reading and Mutanimals #2 was one I read last night.
    It was indeed a solid chapter entry for this mini-series! Is this series the first we are seeing of Null? What is she? Has that been said, did I miss it or I glossed over it when it was said--frustrating me on that atm.
    Nice to see Ray, like Gecko another nice carry over that IDW is doing from the Archie years. Sally though is, like Null, racking my brains on who she is?

Curious to see where #3 leads us--poor Mutagen Man, he's on quite the emotional roller coaster during all this is he not?!
    Null was in the Archie Comics, but was a dude. And I honestly don't remember more about him than he looked like a bald Devil, was overtly villainous but also manipulative and played whatever angle he could (the last Archie TMNT book I read was in the mid-90s right around when Cyber-Samurais was taking off). I'll laugh my ass off if we meet the entire Null Corp. board of executives and they're all Devils.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Pretty stoked on this. I like that dude, and if he got the gig because of a good chemistry read, more power to him. Not that I have high hopes for the sequel to the film that came out recently that I haven't bothered seeing yet. But cool casting news, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Pretty stoked on this. I like that dude, and if he got the gig because of a good chemistry read, more power to him. Not that I have high hopes for the sequel to the film that came out recently that I haven't bothered seeing yet. But cool casting news, regardless.
    Yea, it's a very good casting choice. It's too bad the first movie left such a bad taste in my mouth. And I stuck up for it throughout production. I stuck up for Bay (at times) and Liebesman. And I was totally let down.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The colored reprints are interesting, but I don't know if it's like essential to have to see them that way. Especially if you've already read them. Nice editions though.

The current IDW-universe run is soul-achingly good comics.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

I need to check this out
    Last edited by wickedmountain; 04-04-2015 at 03:26 AM.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Another mega-sale has gone up that includes volumes 9 & 10 along with Turtles in Time.

https://www.comixology.com/Discover-...bGxDYXJvdXNlbA
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 04-23-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Comicvine preview of issue 45:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...5/1100-152094/

I'm putting money on Raph losing his **** on page 4 after seeing him on page 3, that kettle of rage looks like it's about to boil over.

I really hope Raph does lose his **** and goes absolutely berserk. No dialogue. Just an absolute tear through the city (with out hurting any innocents of course)

Well they back peddled a bit on last issues game changer, but Don isn't out of the woods yet. Hello Metalhead Donnie Frankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Well they back peddled a bit on last issues game changer, but Don isn't out of the woods yet. Hello Metalhead Donnie Frankenstein.
    Don't know that it's full 'backpedaling,' as I feel this has been foreshadowed with Don's interactions with the fugitoid. To me, it's a good way to have some consequences for such a big event without just killing off Don.

EDIT: BTW, has anyone been reading the Mutanimals mini? Mutagen Man and Ray Fillet are back.
    Last edited by Captain Librarian; 05-01-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Librarian View Post
    Don't know that it's full 'backpedaling,' as I feel this has been foreshadowed with Don's interactions with the fugitoid. To me, it's a good way to have some consequences for such a big event without just killing off Don.
    I was expecting either a cyborg or Metalhead Don, but I guess I was hoping they'd draw it out for a few issues rather than fix it right away. The sense of loss is kind of squashed by bringing him back so soon.
    Last edited by Turn the Page; 05-01-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

Anyone attend free comic book day and get the TMNT issue?

Quote Originally Posted by OJ4 View Post
    Anyone attend free comic book day and get the TMNT issue?
    I wanted to, I was just never able to make it to my LCS... I know it's like a prelude to the next story arc. Which bums me out, because I'd like to have gotten it since it ties in with the series.