Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wanted to, I was just never able to make it to my LCS... I know it's like a prelude to the next story arc. Which bums me out, because I'd like to have gotten it since it ties in with the series.
    yes its in between 45 and 46. with a little recap of the past events in this run. it was pretty good and definitely great for a free book.

I've been a TMNT fan since childhood, but haven't kept up with the IDW series at all. People who are already in may have found it superfluous, but I appreciated how the FCBD offering was basically the equivalent of one of those 'clip show' anime episodes where they recap the entire series up to that point!

Nice art, too. Like the combination of cute and badass they've got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ4 View Post
    Anyone attend free comic book day and get the TMNT issue?
    I did, and I really liked it. My second best free book after Divergence.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Just read issue #45... it was good, but the Donatello reveal felt TOTALLY rushed.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Just read issue #45... it was good, but the Donatello reveal felt TOTALLY rushed.
    Word. Kind ruined the impact of his "death".

I am thinking of picking up the Ongoing series during the Comixology series. What other Turtles books would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon191 View Post
    I am thinking of picking up the Ongoing series during the Comixology series. What other Turtles books would you recommend?
    I've read some of the first run of the Original 1984 mirage books. those are pretty good, at least from what I've read at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Word. Kind ruined the impact of his "death".
    yes i wished they held off for just a little bit longer.

The news about IDW's tie-in to the Nick cartoon is pretty cool: it's being retooled into a comic that uses the show as a jumping off point for its own continuity, essentially what Archie's TMNT Adventures did back in the day!

Well I sure hope that the new book will be better than "New Animated Adventures" was. I can't believe after 24 issues they still couldn't have faced Shredder.

TMNT in August:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #49
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    A final battle looms as Karai decrees a "Gauntlet" battle between ancient foes Splinter and Shredder but first the Turtles must defeat the Foot mutants— Koya, Bludgeon, Bebop & Rocksteady! With Leo making an unimaginable battle gamble, a second Turtle's life may be on the line!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #49—Subscription Variant
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •The penultimate issue leading to the double-sized TMNT #50!
    •Variant Cover by Jason Howard!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Casey & April #3 (of 4)
    Mariko Tamaki (w) • Irene Koh (a & c)
    Casey and April are separated and both must face the Rat King's maze alone. Clues to the Pantheon await just out of reach, but Casey and April may not be able to find them if they cannot find each other.
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Casey & April #3 (of 4)—Subscription Variant
    Mariko Tamaki (w) • Irene Koh (a) • Marley Zarcone (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures #1—SPOTLIGHT
    Landry Walker, James Kochalka (w) • Chad Thomas, Kochalka (a) • Jon Sommariva (c)
    This new series will feature crazier stories in it's own all-ages continuity that draws inspiration from the hit Nickelodeon cartoon! Featuring backups from some of the finest cartoonists in comics today!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures #1—Subscription Variant
    Landry Walker, James Kochalka (w) • Chad Thomas, Kochalka (a) • Andy Suriano (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •A new era of animated adventure begins!
    •Includes a back-up story from James Kochalka!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutanimals
    Paul Allor (w) • Andy Kuhn (a) • Ben Bates (c)
    Old Hob, Slash, Herman the Hermit Crab, Mondo Gecko, and Pigeon Pete have become a force to be reckoned with. When someone close to the group is kidnapped, the Mutanimals end up on an adventure more wild and dangerous than they could have imagined! What mysteries lurk at...The Null Group?
    TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-385-9
    •"This one should definitely be on every TMNT fan's pull list." –AdventuresInPoorTaste.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures, Vol. 10
    Ryan Brown, Douglas Brammer, Chris Allan, Dean Clarrain (w) • Ken Mitchroney, Chris Allan, Mike Kazaleh (a) • Steve Lavigne (c)
    The all-ages action continues in this collection of TMNT Adventures! Collects issues #41–44 of the Archie Comics series, including "The Future Shark Trilogy" and Mighty Mutanimals #7.
    TPB • FC • $19.99 • 144 pages • 7" x 10.187" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-384-2
    •"Just buy the book. You like turtles. I like turtles. Buy this book and the previous eight volumes and just revel in the glory of it." — ProjectNerd.com

TMNT Color Classics, Vol. 3 #8
    Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Jim Lawson (w) • Lawson (a) • A.C. Farley (c)
    In "City at War, Part Six," the war for New York escalates as Karai and the Rat King enter the fray!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •Originally printed as Mirage TMNT #55, Volume 1.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

TMNT in August:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #49
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    A final battle looms as Karai decrees a "Gauntlet" battle between ancient foes Splinter and Shredder but first the Turtles must defeat the Foot mutants— Koya, Bludgeon, Bebop & Rocksteady! With Leo making an unimaginable battle gamble, a second Turtle's life may be on the line!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #49—Subscription Variant
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •The penultimate issue leading to the double-sized TMNT #50!
    •Variant Cover by Jason Howard!
    Even though it says "Final" battle I notice that it's the 'penultimate issue' #50 and not the final/last issue. At least semantics makes it seem like the title is continuing. Guess we'll know for sure in September when the solicit for #50 hits. I really hope IDW doesn't pull the renumber schtick. I'll bail and go straight to trades like I have for other titles at the other Big2. The reader in me can enjoy trades of new material going forward. The collector in me sees no reason for vol. 6#1, I'm well past over this industry practice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Even though it says "Final" battle I notice that it's the 'penultimate issue' #50 and not the final/last issue. At least semantics makes it seem like the title is continuing. Guess we'll know for sure in September when the solicit for #50 hits. I really hope IDW doesn't pull the renumber schtick. I'll bail and go straight to trades like I have for other titles at the other Big2. The reader in me can enjoy trades of new material going forward. The collector in me sees no reason for vol. 6#1, I'm well past over this industry practice.
    According to this IGN interview, they're working on plotting until issue 100. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/0...shocking-twist

I'm with you on the renumbering thing though, drives me crazy. I hope they don't start over with a new issue 1, but as long as the story is in the same hands of the same people I'll get over it.

Renumbering for the sake of renumbering drives me bananas. ESPECIALLY if the same creative team stays on. Clearly the market doesn't reflect my opinion. Because a true #'s 51-100 are more attractive to me than a new #1 and getting to another #50.

Do I need to read anything else to get into the idw series. Im thinking of getting the trades. No way can I afford the floppies . Do the trades have everything. I hate how some series do collections and skip one off issues in the middle of ongoing arcs. That star wars series from darkhorse with cade skywalker had issues with that.
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 05-25-2015 at 07:41 AM.