Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Do I need to read anything else to get into the idw series. Im thinking of getting the trades. No way can I afford the floppies . Do the trades have everything. I hate how some series do collections and skip one off issues in the middle of ongoing arcs. That star wars series from darkhorse with cade skywalker had issues with that.
    They have everything. There are micro-series featuring individual characters and other minis such as Secret History of the Foot Clan (a MUST read!) and Utrom Empire. I've been keeping up monthly with the main series since about issue 15 and I haven't picked up many of the minis or micro series issues. I'm following along just fine.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Issue 46 was decent, glad we finally got to see Casey and April again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    They have a mini-series coming up don't they?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    They have a mini-series coming up don't they?
    Yeah, I think this issue sets up the premise of that story.

September books:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Casey & April #4 (of 4)
    Mariko Tamaki (w) • Irene Koh (a & c)
    Casey and April struggle to overcome the Rat King's machinations. Will they be able to make their way to the eldest Pantheon sibling and find the answers they are looking for?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #50—GEM OF THE MONTH
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    The epic conclusion to over four-years worth of storylines! The Turtles stand against Shredder for one final battle that will determine the fate of NYC, and the world, for years to come!
    FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #50—GEM OF THE MONTH
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    The epic conclusion to over four-years worth of storylines! The Turtles stand against Shredder for one final battle that will determine the fate of NYC, and the world, for years to come!
    FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Wait, are the TMNT comics ending or is this just the end of the current story arc? I also hope if Kevin Eastman draws the book, I hope its colored. I respect and understand he was vital to their creation, but his artwork (especially in black and white) makes it a chore to try an decipher what the Hell is happening in the frames.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Wait, are the TMNT comics ending or is this just the end of the current story arc? I also hope if Kevin Eastman draws the book, I hope its colored. I respect and understand he was vital to their creation, but his artwork (especially in black and white) makes it a chore to try an decipher what the Hell is happening in the frames.
    All indications are that TMNT is continuing. I'm guessing this is just the final chapter in the Shredder vs Splinter story before they move in a new direction.

As for Eastman, he is not solicited as doing any art in the issue except apparently at least one variant cover.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I'll just leave this here. All the covers recently form this huge kick ass poster.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    That is very cool!!
    I hope I can land that #50 RI cover. I don't go for variant covers often but that's one I'll seek out if it's not priced too crazy!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That is very cool. But even though I realize what happened to Donnie, I still will not be able to fully enjoy this "grand finale" as much without him there in the fight (in his normal body). I doubt he will recover in time for #50.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I'll just leave this here. All the covers recently form this huge kick ass poster.

Looking at 47 today I was wondering of that were the case. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I think this issue sets up the premise of that story.
    it takes place after the current issue.

and issue 50 at 48 pages? i hope it will be a dope issue

Quote Originally Posted by OJ4 View Post
    it takes place after the current issue.

and issue 50 at 48 pages? i hope it will be a dope issue
    Considering what #49 setup, and future solicitations/cover art, it looks like #50 is going to feature the final showdown between Shredder and the Turtles/Splinter, so it's probably going to be pretty big .

Speaking of #49

spoilers:
    I'm curious to see, after the cliffhanger, if any of the Turtles are going to make it past round one to help Splinter fight Shredder. All four together have already beaten him once, but I wouldn't be shocked if Raph, Mikey, and Don manage to take down the rest of the lieutenants so Leo can go on to help Splinter.

Considering I'm not expecting the Turtles to lose, and with that in mind it seems like Saki's going to die by the end of the arc...which I don't expect to last, considering this is Shredder we're talking about, but whatever happens will probably play into Kitsune's plans.

I wonder if Karai is going to feel guilty about Shredder's death since she was forbidden from being able to fight, and feel could have turned things around if she had?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of #49
    spoilers:
    Will Shredder die? Or will Oroku Saki? Could Karai become the new Shredder?
    end of spoilers