Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Although I have not followed everything TMNT over the years, I have been a fan since I discovered them. The new IDW series (well, not so new now) is absolutely one of the best comics I've ever read. Right now I can honestly say that the main TMNT comic waits at the bottom of my reading pile every month....well, second to the bottom being only bested by Amazing Spider-Man. Some people prefer to read the good stuff right away. I wait until the bottom of the pile to dig in to my two favorite titles. Anyhow, I am loving the comic. I hope this series has a long life ahead of it because I am now hooked completely on TMNT for all-time!

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Although I have not followed everything TMNT over the years, I have been a fan since I discovered them. The new IDW series (well, not so new now) is absolutely one of the best comics I've ever read. Right now I can honestly say that the main TMNT comic waits at the bottom of my reading pile every month....well, second to the bottom being only bested by Amazing Spider-Man. Some people prefer to read the good stuff right away. I wait until the bottom of the pile to dig in to my two favorite titles. Anyhow, I am loving the comic. I hope this series has a long life ahead of it because I am now hooked completely on TMNT for all-time!
    I read them the same way. Best stuff on the bottom. Honestly IDW is doing pretty awesome by both TMNT and Transformers. Those are three (Transformers has 2 ongoings) of my favorite series going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    I read them the same way. Best stuff on the bottom. Honestly IDW is doing pretty awesome by both TMNT and Transformers. Those are three (Transformers has 2 ongoings) of my favorite series going on right now.
    Similar to how they reimagined and updated TMNT by taking bits from all its various incarnations and stringing them into an awesome new whole, they also did the same with G.I. Joe. IDW really seems to do right by its licensed properties. At least the ones I've read.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

New issue out (spoilers):

I'm not as well versed in TMNT lore as some so I know little about the Rat King aside from his old cartoon appearance. Making him an entity similar to Kitsune, with his own agenda, is certainly an interesting way to go as it adds another layer to the massive number of sides in this battle, and leaves us with the unsettling feeling that everyone, heroes and villains, are being manipulated by something else.

Seeing Krang and Shredder together at the end was a bit of a surprise given the end of Utrom Empire. But then we don't really know how this is all going to pan out. I've sort of assumed Shredder and Krang will eventually end up in their cartoon status of "Allies who hate each other" at some point but Leo may be taking the Rat King's subliminal message as an idea to have them fight each other.

BANNED

My favorite is Donatello!

i'm trying my freaking hardest to get to the cartoon art museum in san francisco while the TMNT exhibit is still up, but doesn't look like i'm going to make it.

for anybody interested
    http://cartoonart.org/2014/04/teenag...ninja-turtles/

on top of that my all time favorite punisher artist and one of my all time favorites in general mike zeck has an exhibit going too.

the turtles will always have a special place in my heart. my brother bought the raphael 1 shot where he meets casey at a small shop in sunnyvale CA while we were visiting my mom for the summer. it was 1 of the 1st non-DC/marvel comics i ever read and opened the gate to a bunch of others i spent the rest of that summer reading from silverwolf(grips blew my fukn mind at like 10yrs old) and aircel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Librarian View Post
    New issue out (spoilers):

I'm not as well versed in TMNT lore as some so I know little about the Rat King aside from his old cartoon appearance. Making him an entity similar to Kitsune, with his own agenda, is certainly an interesting way to go as it adds another layer to the massive number of sides in this battle, and leaves us with the unsettling feeling that everyone, heroes and villains, are being manipulated by something else.

Seeing Krang and Shredder together at the end was a bit of a surprise given the end of Utrom Empire. But then we don't really know how this is all going to pan out. I've sort of assumed Shredder and Krang will eventually end up in their cartoon status of "Allies who hate each other" at some point but Leo may be taking the Rat King's subliminal message as an idea to have them fight each other.
    I'll get more into it later, but given Rat King's token animal, and Kitsune's, and the eventual "powerful sorcerer" nature of potential "dragon" guys - maybe using Dragon Lord from Next Mutation, or ... I think there was a dragon-dude in the Mirage run ... is anyone else getting a possible Zodiac vibe? Rat? Fox? Dragon? Etc ...

Love the Rat King as an antagonist to the turtles.. happy to see him finally pop up in the new series. He seemed pretty sinister and I like his design. Another solid installment in the series, that's for sure.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I just wrote a review for issue 36, it can be read at the link below in my signature if anyone is interested.

Overall, I thought it was a decent installment but the lack of the rest of the turtles and cast hurts it. Last month had a lot of big moments and it was kind of hard to slow down and step away even though it was necessary to tell the story. I can't wait to see what's to come in the Shredder/Krang confrontation though!

Astonishing Member

Turtles In Time 2 was as good as I thought it would be.

Predestination paradox included.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

looks like i'm going to make it after all!! i'm very interested to see what the original pages from the old mirage series look like.

All-New Member

IDW needs to get Drew Moss on this book for a story or two. He has done some work for them in the past. Just recently he did the Crow: Pestilence mini. Check out what he posted to twitter today:
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Totally captured these two in my eyes. He said he was going to have Raph and Donnie up soon. I've enjoyed most of the artist on the book but Moss would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom309 View Post
    IDW needs to get Drew Moss on this book for a story or two. He has done some work for them in the past. Just recently he did the Crow: Pestilence mini. Check out what he posted to twitter today:
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Totally captured these two in my eyes. He said he was going to have Raph and Donnie up soon. I've enjoyed most of the artist on the book but Moss would be awesome.
    Oh, wow! Those are pretty awesome. Santolouco is money on the book, but I would love to see Moss do a fill-in arc or mini-series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Oh, wow! Those are pretty awesome. Santolouco is money on the book, but I would love to see Moss do a fill-in arc or mini-series.
    Yeah, Samtolouco is great but I think they rotate artist ever few arcs or so. I'd settle for Moss on a couple Micro or solo issues.

edit............
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-31-2014 at 11:59 PM.