Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Really loving the way Leatherhead has been written. This threads been pretty quiet. The book's just been chugging along, putting out quality issues month after month. Pretty ho-hum, which I guess is the reason for the silence.

I for one and im sure im not alone in my assumption that this is the Turtles Run that will go down as one of the if not best. It not only has that serious grit and tone of the original comics it takes the Fred Wolf material and removes the camp and cartoonish quality that the show had which while I enjoyed know that it was a pizza filled with cheese not so in the IDW run while there are moments of levity and humor it doesn't go overboard and where we are getting legit stories and arcs that flesh out these characters. One day hopefully we get an adaption from a Movie studio who actually cares instead of banking on lowest common how can we make a quick buck so at IDW and all Turtle fans thank you for this series. I should note that right now im finding it hard to even find a Comic being published right now that has the quality this book has from month to month not to mention one of the dwindling titles that still has a high # count

TMNT Universe is only going to add to that too ^^. It'll flesh out more characters and provide easy *internal* crossovers. I'm dropping books from other companies to make room for more turtles because the quality is just too damn good to pass up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm very eager to see what TMNT Universe is about as a monthly book. I'm expecting it to be a rotating type of anthology with various headliners for 4-8 issues at a time.
    I'd also be pleased to see it as having a regular full-time headliner for one 12 page story with a rotating back end 10-12 page story featuring other characters. Expanding on concepts like the Nutrions or other Utroms(all don't seem as bloodthirsty as Krang and his father). Renet is another I'd like to see more of....just so much possibility so I'm hoping IDW is really going to do this well!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm very eager to see what TMNT Universe is about as a monthly book. I'm expecting it to be a rotating type of anthology with various headliners for 4-8 issues at a time.
    I'd also be pleased to see it as having a regular full-time headliner for one 12 page story with a rotating back end 10-12 page story featuring other characters. Expanding on concepts like the Nutrions or other Utroms(all don't seem as bloodthirsty as Krang and his father). Renet is another I'd like to see more of....just so much possibility so I'm hoping IDW is really going to do this well!!
    Well we're definitely getting a lot of Renet in the current miniseries, Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything. Issue #3 is out tomorrow, it's been really good so far.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Hands down....TMNT is absolutely my favorite read right now. I am excited that TMNT Universe is coming, and I look forward to any future books. I would love to see another crossover with Ghostbusters!

Anyone read 59? Great issue with a scary ending... but it's the exact reason we need TMNT Universe. So many characters and so many plotlines, the turtles were hardly in this issue.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I don't think Splinter is really dead, they wouldn't kill off a character that important off panel with just a sound effect.

But yea I look forward to issue #60 as well as the upcoming TMNT Universe series.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Anyone been reading Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything?
    Since it's been a weekly mini-series I've saved it and am going to read it soon. It only went 5 issues, yes?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Pretty sure it's 5 issues. I'm doing the same... waiting to have them all before I read it.

So has anyone heard anymore news on TMNT Universe? How it's going to run / tie in to TMNT?

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I just finished reading TMNT from issues 44-60....proving once again that this is by far one of the best comics being published today. Very excited for TMNT Universe!!!! I also enjoyed the Batman/TMNT crossover.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Picked up a copy of TMNT Universe #1 at my LCS today, ovearall I think it is a decent start to the series, story was kind of dark overall though, I feel bad for the Turtles, like Raph says at the end, it feels like there's always more and more people wanting to kill them.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I truly enjoyed the Batman and TMNT meeting although I didn't think they used the comic forms of both series for this one.

I cannot wait to see its animated counterpart coming out.

TMNT maybe Dark, but it does contain elements that fans of the series know too well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Picked up a copy of TMNT Universe #1 at my LCS today, ovearall I think it is a decent start to the series, story was kind of dark overall though, I feel bad for the Turtles, like Raph says at the end, it feels like there's always more and more people wanting to kill them.
    I agree it was pretty good. I feel like it doesn't have that specific of a mission statement though. Like is it another book with stories about the turtles? And if yeah, when does it take place in regards to the main series? I know these are dumb things to worry about and I should just enjoy the comic, because it was enjoyable.