Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally sat down and read B&R Destroy Everything. Not my favorite read. At least it wasn't stretched out over 5 months. It was good to see Renet again but that stupid new headpiece has to go. Give us back that outfit she had on in the 2012 Annual.

TMNT Universe #1 - Good read if unclear about when it's happening. Not overly concerned with that right now, however, since everything else has been tightly tied together I would expect we'll get a timeframe for this story. I'd be curious to know why they didn't opt to go with the title Tales of TMNT? That title, ToTMNT always seemed to be "untold" type tales and it didn't constrain writers to 'x'. If TMNT-U is that then we may never get a 'when', which is also ok.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    TMNT Universe #1 - Good read if unclear about when it's happening. Not overly concerned with that right now, however, since everything else has been tightly tied together I would expect we'll get a timeframe for this story. I'd be curious to know why they didn't opt to go with the title Tales of TMNT? That title, ToTMNT always seemed to be "untold" type tales and it didn't constrain writers to 'x'. If TMNT-U is that then we may never get a 'when', which is also ok.
    I agree, but they already referenced Mikey "coming back" to the group in this first issue. Which, imo, ties it pretty closely to the main title... because that's sort of a big development.

Just read TMNT U #2 - I'm very eager to know more about this scorpion mutant. Stockman's portrayal here is very nicely done as well. Sadly it's our Turtles who are getting shown up. I get the "no killing" moral to which Mikey is on about but sometimes, just sometimes there are no options....see Splinter vs Shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Just read TMNT U #2 - I'm very eager to know more about this scorpion mutant. Stockman's portrayal here is very nicely done as well. Sadly it's our Turtles who are getting shown up. I get the "no killing" moral to which Mikey is on about but sometimes, just sometimes there are no options....see Splinter vs Shredder.
    Raph is coming close to breaking that moral. He'll snap eventually.

So Casey is now leading the Purple Dragons?

I feel that closing panel should've had Casey in mask that better separates him from the "troops".

I loved Splinters talk with Leo and how he threw it back in his face(politely even) about when Leo and his brothers kept plans/strategies secret from Splinter regarding Shredder.

Raph is for sure the leading candidate to snap, always has been...which is why if one does they will make it Mikey or Don who makes a lethal blow in the heat of a battle cause it's the only option to resolve 'x' situation.

Need a starter for the turtles. Where do i begin?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Need a starter for the turtles. Where do i begin?
    Pick up the new TMNT Universe issues... issue 3 came out last week. You don't need MUCH knowledge of the main ongoing for it and so far it's just a good old fashioned Turtles story.

As for the main ongoing... if you can get your hands on "City Fall" (starts at issue 21) (volume 6) I strongly suggest doing so. I know that's a way back now, since the series is in the 60's, but there have been some pretty big status quo changes because of that event. And not those lame Big 2 NEW STATUS QUO changes. We're talking legit changes here.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Pick up the new TMNT Universe issues... issue 3 came out last week. You don't need MUCH knowledge of the main ongoing for it and so far it's just a good old fashioned Turtles story.

As for the main ongoing... if you can get your hands on "City Fall" (starts at issue 21) (volume 6) I strongly suggest doing so. I know that's a way back now, since the series is in the 60's, but there have been some pretty big status quo changes because of that event. And not those lame Big 2 NEW STATUS QUO changes. We're talking legit changes here.
    Hm. Is Universe like Exiles?

And the main ongoing is for the current IDW series right?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Hm. Is Universe like Exiles?

And the main ongoing is for the current IDW series right?
    No, no.. Universe is just the sister title to the main series. Like it's the turtles "universe," I guess you could say.

And yes, both are IDW

No, no.. Universe is just the sister title to the main series. Like it's the turtles "universe," I guess you could say.

And yes, both are IDW
    Are the earlier stories good?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Are the earlier stories good?
    Prior to City Fall? Absolutely. Anything from this IDW series, including 90% of the minis, has been extremely good.

Prior to City Fall? Absolutely. Anything from this IDW series, including 90% of the minis, has been extremely good.
    Thanks. Now on my thanksgiving list.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Thanks. Now on my thanksgiving list.
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Whats been the best mini or tie in? I'm a trade reader and I've picked up a few. Didnt care for Turtles in Time. I'm thinking about picking up Bebop and Rocksteady or Secret History of Foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Whats been the best mini or tie in? I'm a trade reader and I've picked up a few. Didnt care for Turtles in Time. I'm thinking about picking up Bebop and Rocksteady or Secret History of Foot.
    I have the five issues of Bebop and Rocksteady sitting on my night table.. haven't gotten around to reading it though. Secret History of the Foot Clan is 100% my favorite mini. Followed closely by TMNT and Ghostbusters.

Batman and TMNT was really really good, but it doesn't tie in to the main series at all.