Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I have the five issues of Bebop and Rocksteady sitting on my night table.. haven't gotten around to reading it though. Secret History of the Foot Clan is 100% my favorite mini. Followed closely by TMNT and Ghostbusters.

Batman and TMNT was really really good, but it doesn't tie in to the main series at all.
    Thanks man. I pulled the trigger on Secret History of the Foot Clan, seems universally highly reviewed. I'm a little cautious of Bebop and Rocksteady, its been getting mixed reviews. I really enjoyed the second villains mini that tied into city fall. They need a new one with Leatherhead, his story arc was awesome. I wonder if he will team up with Bebop and Rocksteady or have an epic battle with Slash.

There are still a lot of dangling plot threads out there that I'm sure will all be answered. A Leatherhead spotlight would be much welcomed. And yeah, I'm not super motivated to read Bebop and Rocksteady.. but I'll get around to it eventually when I have a lot of free time.

Can anyone elaborate as to why issue #40 is a $50 book. Just curious, Thanks!

Ps..... I'm seriously thinking about picking up The Secret History of the Foot Clan mini.
    #MagnetoWasRight

I'm looking to eventually read the IDW TMNT and just wanted to check, it is a completely fresh start, right?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    I'm looking to eventually read the IDW TMNT and just wanted to check, it is a completely fresh start, right?
    Yep. A complete fresh start. It pulls a lot of inspiration from different parts of previous iterations of TMNT but you don't need to know any of that. When I started the series I didn't know anything other than the 80s cartoon and the live action movies. And I've loved the series since the first trade i read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    Like Mormegil said, yes it's completely fresh. I've been buying the IDW hardcovers and they've been a great way to read the series. They are in the "preferred" reading order. Volumes 1-3 are out now and 4 is due out at the end of January.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Can anyone elaborate as to why issue #40 is a $50 book. Just curious, Thanks!

Ps..... I'm seriously thinking about picking up The Secret History of the Foot Clan mini.
    Where are you seeing $50? And you should definitely pick up that mini.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Where are you seeing $50? And you should definitely pick up that mini.
    Mycomicshop.com.... Issue #40A NM $50/$55. Just wondering if anything special happened in this issue that inflated the price.....
    #MagnetoWasRight

The Secret History Of The Foot that you guys are praising - it's a single issue, or several? Outside of Batman/TMNT and TMNT Universe, I've not really strayed from the main IDW series. The Rocksteady & Bebop one didn't look great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Mycomicshop.com.... Issue #40A NM $50/$55. Just wondering if anything special happened in this issue that inflated the price.....
    Oh wow, look at that. I don't really know why honestly. The Sub cover is only 6 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    The Secret History Of The Foot that you guys are praising - it's a single issue, or several? Outside of Batman/TMNT and TMNT Universe, I've not really strayed from the main IDW series. The Rocksteady & Bebop one didn't look great to me.
    It's 4 issues.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally got around to TMNT:Univ #4 last night.

Solid arc. Interesting endings there with the Turtles, Null and Mikey/Zodic(scorpion female mutant). That was juxtaposed with April and Baxter's closing moments as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

yeah I'm loving TMNT Universe. One of my favorite current series right now.

I picked up Secret History of the Foot last month in part based on recommendations on the board. It's a good comic, probably should have been an arc in the main series since there is a lot of good background on important characters. I wish there was a bit more on the Demon Lord and it's motivation.
    Last edited by Ultimates; 12-06-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks guys, appreciate it Definitely on my very long list!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

Has anyone read the TMNT: Odyssey story that essentially wrapped up the loose ends of the Mirage and Archie universes, while linking all continuities into one massive multiverse?
    I just found out about this, being that my love for ninja turtles has just been rekindled in starting to read the IDW trades. With this Odyssey story, apparently it was a self-published limited run print and is currently unavailable to purchase as hard copy. So my question, does anyone know if Odyssey is being planned for a release in trade paperback that will make its way onto the shelves?