Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammar View Post
    Has anyone read the TMNT: Odyssey story that essentially wrapped up the loose ends of the Mirage and Archie universes, while linking all continuities into one massive multiverse?
    I just found out about this, being that my love for ninja turtles has just been rekindled in starting to read the IDW trades. With this Odyssey story, apparently it was a self-published limited run print and is currently unavailable to purchase as hard copy. So my question, does anyone know if Odyssey is being planned for a release in trade paperback that will make its way onto the shelves?
    I backed it when it was in the final stages, so have a hard copy. I enjoyed it, but it REALLY leaded heavily on the fan service and if you really didn't have a grasp of some of the minutia it was a bit of a hard read. I did like it overall, and for essentially a highly well done fan fiction ending it did work well.

If you are really curious, TMNT Entity did a decent review of it.
    http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/...t-odyssey.html

Spectacular Member

Thank you for getting back to me.

Now another question: I'm looking to collect the original mirage run. I understand that the Ultimate Collection are black and white and the Works Collection are in color. Is this the main difference? And also is one collection better made? Does the binding hold up or does it give you a sense it'll fall apart? I only ask this because I've seen some of the reviews for the IDW hardcover collections of the new series with complaints of the binding?

Any input would be appreciated.

Incredible Member

Thank you for getting back to me.

Now another question: I'm looking to collect the original mirage run. I understand that the Ultimate Collection are black and white and the Works Collection are in color. Is this the main difference? And also is one collection better made? Does the binding hold up or does it give you a sense it'll fall apart? I only ask this because I've seen some of the reviews for the IDW hardcover collections of the new series with complaints of the binding?

Any input would be appreciated.
    You only need avoid first prints of IDW's Ongoing hardcover Volume 1, featuring the new series collected. Order from instocktrades or directly from Amazon, and you should make out with an okay copy. I haven't heard of binding issues with any of their other books.

Highly recommend those old Mirage TMNT books though. The "City at War" storyline is my favorite tmnt story ever.

Spectacular Member

Good to know. I just ordered the Ultimate Collections Vol. 4 and 5 to read City at War. Funny, growing up a hardcore fan I still have yet to read that story. Better late than never I guess.

on another note, are there any noteworthy stories in the Tales of TMNT Volume 2?

I just read issue #2 of Batman/TMNT Adventures and enjoyed it a lot more than the first issue. Anyone else check it out?

Good to know. I just ordered the Ultimate Collections Vol. 4 and 5 to read City at War. Funny, growing up a hardcore fan I still have yet to read that story. Better late than never I guess.

on another note, are there any noteworthy stories in the Tales of TMNT Volume 2?
    I assume you're talking about the series and not the IDW volume?

So, *Spoilers for Issue #64*

I'm in a strange position of...not exactly agreeing with Splinter or thinking the Turtles should stay (he wants them to leave anyway) but still not thinking Splinter is becoming the Shredder? I mean, the problem is that he is operating the Foot as he would have in feudal Japan, and would probably be quite honorable for a ninja clan. I mean, you went to war with a rival clan (the Phantoms), you take the spoils of victory, and offer the leader a chance to surrender. Instead he threatens to kill your sons right in front of you (huh? Darius what were you thinking, he had you dead to rights?) and you assassinate him. Hey man, what's the problem, you're a clan of Ninjas! What did you expect?

The problem is that it is 2016 America and there is the government and police to handle this...supposedly. Of course Splinter and the Turtles aren't human or citizens and even then the TMNT IDW government has rarely moved to stop organized crime. Actually...I can't think of a single instance they have done so except for maybe the police showing up to prompt everyone to leave once or twice. Bebop and Rocksteady pretty much saunter down the road doing as they please in some issues.

My point is, between the Turtles and even Harold...I get where you are coming from and why you don't want to be part of the Foot but...what did you really expect? You can't seriously tell me you didn't see risks and morally grey choices all around here.

^I'm a few issues behind... prob gonna pick up #63 today.

And of course, I'm super excited for #5 of Universe today. I think that concludes the first proposed TPB?

And And, did anyone else read Batman/TMNT Adventures #2 yet? I really did think that one was very fun.

Just read issue #65, what a touching issue. I loved it. Great to have Santolouco back as well. But man, that last page made me smile.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I just read issue #2 of Batman/TMNT Adventures and enjoyed it a lot more than the first issue. Anyone else check it out?
    I just finished reading issues #1 and #2. I'm really enjoying the miniseries. Both issues were quick reads but I agree that they are a lot of fun. I think they capture the feeling of both shows well

I read TMNT #65 last week. I... liked it? It felt like a weird diversion considering everything that's been going on. But it wasn't bad. I don't care for the new artist as much though. At least how the actual Turtles are drawn. Everything else is well detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I read TMNT #65 last week. I... liked it? It felt like a weird diversion considering everything that's been going on. But it wasn't bad. I don't care for the new artist as much though. At least how the actual Turtles are drawn. Everything else is well detailed.
    Santolouco drew it though. He's the main artist. And he's a beast.

I think my post came out harsher than I meant it. I thought Santolouco's art was great, but just for the Turtles themselves, I sorta got used to the way that Wachter was drawing them haha. I feel like I'll get used to them again this way. Threw me off a bit having so many pages of like Leo and Mike not wearing their masks I think.

Big fan of the IDW series. Still catching up on the earlier issues that I missed. I hope it has a long run.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

BANNED

The only Ninja Turtles comic I grew up with was back in the early 1990s. The old Archie Comics Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures. That was the best one back then