Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUS View Post
    Big fan of the IDW series. Still catching up on the earlier issues that I missed. I hope it has a long run.
    I'd be thrilled if it made it to 100. Hard to do these days. I thought More than Meets the Eye would get there, but Revolution put a stop to that.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUS View Post
    Big fan of the IDW series. Still catching up on the earlier issues that I missed. I hope it has a long run.
    It's now the longest running "regular" TMNT series at 66 and counting.
    The Archie series based on the cartoon from the 90s went 72 issues. Some concepts have been brought over now so that run had lasting mythos impact.

Barring some unforeseen action this current IDW series will pass that mark by end of summer. Hitting issue #75 at the end of the year!
    I'd love to see 100 on the cover as a legit number of consecutive issues. None of that funky accounting Marvel has done before by mixing volumes up for an amalgamation milestone number to sell books as a one off.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's now the longest running "regular" TMNT series at 66 and counting.
    The Archie series based on the cartoon from the 90s went 72 issues. Some concepts have been brought over now so that run had lasting mythos impact.

Barring some unforeseen action this current IDW series will pass that mark by end of summer. Hitting issue #75 at the end of the year!
    I'd love to see 100 on the cover as a legit number of consecutive issues. None of that funky accounting Marvel has done before by mixing volumes up for an amalgamation milestone number to sell books as a one off.
    Agreed. There's a big difference and I'd love to see a genuine #100 on a cover. Especially of a book not from the Big 2. And especially from the Turtles.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The TMNT Universe book has been pretty good so far, actually enjoying it abit more then the main series. The last issue was pretty fun. Also looking forward to the upcoming Alopex/Nobody story.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I thought the first 4 issues of Universe were great, but I didn't really care for #5 and #6 all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I love Alopex, she's like an adorable yet deadly ninja fox fluff ball! Hope she is able to break free of kitsune's grip!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I thought the first 4 issues of Universe were great, but I didn't really care for #5 and #6 all that much.
    I liked #5 with Leatherhead but found #6 with Wyrm to be less to my liking in general. However, overall I've enjoyed the new Universe book as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I liked #5 with Leatherhead but found #6 with Wyrm to be less to my liking in general. However, overall I've enjoyed the new Universe book as a whole.
    The issue with Leatherhead and Hob was exactly what I thought this book would be. The goings on in the Turtles universe when the Turtles aren't around. I enjoyed it a lot. Haven't read #6 yet.

Issue 66 was great. Nice to have Alopex back!

Out in April:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #69
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c)
    “Desperate Measures,” Part 3! Old Hob and the TMNT work together to save the Mutanimals, but Bishop still has some tricks up his sleeve!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #69—Subscription Variant

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    The fate of mutant-kind rests in the balance!
    Variant cover buy Nick Roche!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #9
    Sophie Campbell, Bobby Curnow & Brahm Revel (w) • Pablo Tunica, Brahm Revel (a) • Freddie Williams II (c)
    “Toad Baron’s Ball,” Part 1! Alopex and Nobody are looking for a little rest and relaxation but get more than they ask for when they become the unwilling guests of a never-ending party thrown by the hedonistic Toad Baron!
    FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #9—Subscription Variant

Sophie Campbell, Bobby Curnow & Brahm Revel (w) • Pablo Tunica, Brahm Revel (a) • Pablo Tunica (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $4.99
    An important lead-in to a future TMNT ongoing story!
    Variant cover by Sophie Campbell!

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #6 (of 6)
    Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c)
    Months after the conclusion to their adventure, Batman and the TMNT discover that the hidden threat has not passed and now Gotham is in danger! A last-ditch effort may be the only thing that saves two worlds!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #6 (of 6)—Subscription Variant
    Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a) • Valerio Schiti (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Additional issue added by popular demand!
    Variant cover by Sean Galloway!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol. 13
    Dean Clarrain (w) • Chris Allan (a) • Steve Lavigne (c)
    The all-ages action continues in this collection of TMNT Adventures! Collects issues #55-57 of the Archie Comics series and the back-up Mutanimals comics.
    TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages • 7” x 10.187”
    Relive the fun and adventure of the TMNT you knew as a kid!
    Advance solicited for May release!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Eastman and Laird’s Mirage Studios Covers—SPOTLIGHT

Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird (a & c)
    The book that classic TMNT fans have been waiting for! All the covers from the earliest days of Mirage Studios in one archival collection, plus pencils/inks/paintings by co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, including all the original sketches, behind the scenes insight, and never before seen works made available through the incredible archives of Eastman and Laird! A must-have volume for Turtles fans and collectors.
    HC • PC • $39.99 • 200 pages • 8” x 12.5”
    A new definitive collection for fans of the Turtles, Peter Laird, and Kevin Eastman!
    Advance solicited for June release!

So a weekly comic in August.. on top of the main series and an on-going $4.99 book... man alive.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...s-dimension-x/

This sounds good though.

Last edited by cc008; 01-28-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I just finished #66 with Alopex and really enjoyed it as well! Thought the pairing of Angel & Raphael made for a good duo to the point I felt this story could've been a TMNT Universe entry actually. Like the Leatherface and Wyrm issues of TMNT-U #5&6. Kitsune is for sure not gone and when she comes back it's going to be bad most likely.

So the next story arc is going to focus on the Mutanimals. Good to see as there is lots of potential there. I feel I'm about ready for a Mutanimals ongoing but only if there is a location shift. Take them out of NYC or at least to an entirely different burrough. That eases the amount of overlap with TMNT stories.

I agree I really enjoyed #66, I just finished reading it a little while ago. Raph pairs well with Angel because she's a lot like Casey... she's like the female Casey lol. I certainly expect Kitsune to come back and I'm PUMPED for Santolouco to come back next issue. Also looking forward to the Dimension X arc they're planning. That should be good.

I finally picked up the first hardcover volume, I'm four issues in and loving it already! :P Does Universe need to be read alongside the main series?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”