Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If the original is b/w I would read it as a b/w reprint. If its color, then color, stay with the original content.

Last Ronin was great. I couldn't decide which turtles it was supposed to be, so I was looking for clues in every panel...

Astonishing Member

I liked the latest issue of turtles. Art on point. The plot was pure set-up ... kind of a slow burn with the world-building and realpoliticking of Mutant Town and what it is for the Brothers and their Close Friends to be doing the public Splinter School thing. So that wasn't like super heavy packed scenario-wise ... but the character who turns up putting their foot in the door for future shenanigans, and the last page stinger, were definitely enough to seal the deal.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've enjoyed the last 10 issues + Jennika solo that are establishing new lore.
    To properly build a world you need to explore themes and grow characters and situations.
    That is what has been happening and the last page gives us some TMNT characters infused into this incarnation that has been missing.

Looking forward to the build up to issue #125 which I feel will be a great First Arc wrap to the Mutant Town story.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Last Ronin is the best TMNT book of last years hands down. Idc if it plays out as yet another one DKR or Old Man Logan... this is what I've wanted from TMNT comics for so long.

The TMNT comics are my new favorite take on the franchise.

They do a good job "aging up" the franchise without loosing the core identity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Last Ronin is the best TMNT book of last years hands down. Idc if it plays out as yet another one DKR or Old Man Logan... this is what I've wanted from TMNT comics for so long.
    Agreed. The ongoing's been really disappointing this past year or so, but Last Ronin has really re-ignited my interest in the franchise.

I agree within. It's the best I've read in years maybe a decade or more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Agreed. The ongoing's been really disappointing this past year or so, but Last Ronin has really re-ignited my interest in the franchise.
    I think the same, ongoing is pretty meh to my opinion. Issues # 1-50 were the best, culminating with an amazing finale, # 51-100 were okay with ups and downs, # 101-116 are beyond average. I am looking forward to Pantheon's return though (and some new writer taking after Sophie).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree within. It's the best I've read in years maybe a decade or more.
    Can't name it "the best of the decade" yet when we have only 2 issues out of 5, but it's definitely in top-5 for me.

....Can't name it "the best of the decade" yet when we have only 2 issues out of 5, but it's definitely in top-5 for me.
    Hahaha, valid point
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I think the same, ongoing is pretty meh to my opinion. Issues # 1-50 were the best, culminating with an amazing finale, # 51-100 were okay with ups and downs, # 101-116 are beyond average. I am looking forward to Pantheon's return though (and some new writer taking after Sophie).
    It is torturous sticking with this book, but I loved 1-100 and the continuity that was set up. I was glad to see the introduction of a time-travelling element recently, I sincerely hope that it is used to erase the whole Mutant Town storyline and return to the previous status quo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    It is torturous sticking with this book, but I loved 1-100 and the continuity that was set up. I was glad to see the introduction of a time-travelling element recently, I sincerely hope that it is used to erase the whole Mutant Town storyline and return to the previous status quo.
    They are not going to erase anything, Mutant Town is here for a very long time, at least until current writer leaves the title.
    There will be old elements like Pantheon and Shredder and Karai here and there but that's it, unfortunately.

Thankfully, we have the Last Ronin to keep us going until a new writer comes along. It's a shame because the art is great, but that alone isn't enough to keep me buying.

I agree with much of what has been said. 1-100 was so much fun. I lasted until issue 6 with the new team and dropped.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

I am still loving the series. All the interwoven storylines are concluded, yes, and it was fun to have them, but it has still the best characterization in comic books right now. Every character has his unique voice and everything feels in sync.

And the art is great.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not having any issues with the current creative team. The focus has shifted from Foot vs Turtles, Turtles vs Pantheon but shouldn't it? After the events that Hob set into motion that created Mutant Town and led to Jennika should things not focus on the elements that are now new/reshaped? In doing so that means shifting momentum with the narrative. The characters you love got that way by over the decades having the narrative shifted to them. I'm talking about Krang, Rat King ______ whomever. So now we are looking at new folks/mutants in Mutant Town and 10yrs from now some reader will have an appreciation for characters introduced or more fully explored here because of the development.

Some of you display the patience of Raphael.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime