Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

There were a lot of periods in 1-100 that dragged on (I have a couple big holes in that run because of it), but I think my big complaint about this run is the four main characters feel like they are the supporting cast. It does not help that most of the time I do not even know which turtle is being drawn in any given scene. That said, I am enjoying it enough to keep going.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Despite the en media res beginning making me think I had missed an issue at first the latest issue of the Last Ronin was amazing!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I've just recently discovered the IDW series and I am loving it so much.

I currently I am on volume 8 of the IDW collection and I just finished Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy everything - it is so insane and I love it.

I love how this series made them into complete sociopaths and I was really surprised that they so callously murder people and how they are nigh undefeatable.

I cannot wait to get to the finale, what an amazing series

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I've just recently discovered the IDW series and I am loving it so much.

I currently I am on volume 8 of the IDW collection and I just finished Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy everything - it is so insane and I love it.

I love how this series made them into complete sociopaths and I was really surprised that they so callously murder people and how they are nigh undefeatable.

I cannot wait to get to the finale, what an amazing series
    Yeah, it's an awesome run that combines just about everything there is to love about every previous incarnation of the Turtles
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, it's an awesome run that combines just about everything there is to love about every previous incarnation of the Turtles
    I wish I would have discovered it earlier so I could be part of the discourse, I know some don't like the writer, but I am excited to get it eventually

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Issue #121 just dropped yesterday. I read it last night.
    Nice to see Hob back in the main storyline. He is one of those original [to this run] characters whose been around since the start and played ally and foe.
    Curious to see where we are headed with #125!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I just finished Shredder in Hell.

WTF!

It got so epic and it's amazing, I cannot believe they introduced Brahma in a Turtles book!

I love how everything is trying into a beautiful bow

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Issue #121 just dropped yesterday. I read it last night.
    Nice to see Hob back in the main storyline. He is one of those original [to this run] characters whose been around since the start and played ally and foe.
    Curious to see where we are headed with #125!
    Hobs not directly responsible, but Raphs really not listening. I wonder what will happen. Didnt read 121, just 120. That issue made my blood boil.

I've decided to stop TMNT at #125, which I'm sure will be a setup for a new batch of stories but it's a clean endpoint. I'll read everything later in the Deluxe Hardcovers since I've been getting those.
    I had once thought of stopping at #100. The idea that this franchise finally got into triple digits with a run is an accomplishment that Mirage just couldn't reach, twice. Congrats IDW and the fanbase, see you a few years from now in the hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've decided to stop TMNT at #125, which I'm sure will be a setup for a new batch of stories but it's a clean endpoint. I'll read everything later in the Deluxe Hardcovers since I've been getting those.
    I had once thought of stopping at #100. The idea that this franchise finally got into triple digits with a run is an accomplishment that Mirage just couldn't reach, twice. Congrats IDW and the fanbase, see you a few years from now in the hardcovers.
    Can’t blame you. This series was absolutely amazing for 100 issues, then they stuck it with an awful creative team and killed it to the point where the continuity is almost unsalvageable. It’s not dissimilar to what IDW did with G.I. Joe, and now they’re losing that license. Very question decisions made at IDW in the last few years.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Astonishing Member

It seems that I am the only one who still likes the book.

It evolved over time and didnt stay the same and expanded its cast.

I'm not stopping based on quality. I've been ok with the stories delivered about Mutant Town, Jenni, Hob etc I just need to make a cut in my list due to budget.
    I did state I'm going to follow along via the Deluxe hardcovers. Which I have all of them to date. So if it was story dissatisfaction I wouldn't buy the one that eventually covers issue #126 and beyond. Instead of having those issues AND the Dlx HC I'll just have the HC and the single monthly issues money I'm allocating elsewhere.

Dropped it on # 108 or 109, gave it a benefit of the doubt, and not planning to return in near future. TMNT ended for me on # 100 and Shredder in Hell. The only book I'm picking up, as you can see from my signature, is Last Ronin, which is one issue away from the end + it's basically stand-alone story. This new direction is not for me and, well, I have a lot of stuff I never read before (bunch of issues from vol.1, vol. 4, Tales, TMNT Universe, maybe reread Adventures).

Nothing good lasts forever. Maybe few years later they will relaunch the franchise or hire some talented writer. Maybe Waltz comes back, still, he is not Morrison or Ewing and some of his work was pretty meh too. There is nothing even to discuss about the current book, I remember discussions about City Fall or Vengeance/ Attack on Technodrome arcs. Specualtions, theories etc. People were hyped about every new issue. Now? Everyone just say how bland and boring it is, sometimes argue with those who says "no you just don't understand". Fans trying to find anything remotely interesting in this, any dialogue or character interaction. That's it. it's my opinion, but after #100 and 2012's TV-series end, fandom is basically dead. No one cared for Rise, it was closed mid-production. We'll see how it goes from there when new animated/live-action projects will be announced. (No offense to those who are enjoying current issues, you are free to like whatever you want)

I thought it was a good tribute video but its a couple years old. Sorry if it's already posted.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-13-2021 at 02:34 PM.

^^^^^^
    That was a good watch.
    I think in his video he misspoke when he said "nearly 30yr old franchise". He posted this in 2017 at which point the TMNT, created in 1984, would've been 33yrs old.
    I think he meant to possibly say "nearly 40yr old franchise"? Which is still an unusual round up.