Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Hey. Looking to get into the current TMNT action. Where or what issue is a good jumping on point. I know it's obviously issue #1 but until I"m able to go back and get the trades it'll have to wait. LOL!
    The last couple of issues really have been stand alone stories, but all continue to further the plot. If you're not able to start at #1 right away, I would suggest starting at the beginning of the City Fall arc... issue #22. Most of what's happening now is fall out from that story and the Turtles' next move.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The last couple of issues really have been stand alone stories, but all continue to further the plot. If you're not able to start at #1 right away, I would suggest starting at the beginning of the City Fall arc... issue #22. Most of what's happening now is fall out from that story and the Turtles' next move.
    Awesome. Thanks, I'll see if I can grab issue 22.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Has anyone read the 2014 annual? I love Eastman's art, but man was the writing/dialogue ever awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Has anyone read the 2014 annual? I love Eastman's art, but man was the writing/dialogue ever awful...
    Yes, and yes, agree completely. Shame, since I loved the last annual he did.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to read the 2014 Annual tonight or tomorrow.

I really liked the last issue in the ongoing though. It's on Krang vs Shredder!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm going to read the 2014 Annual tonight or tomorrow.

I really liked the last issue in the ongoing though. It's on Krang vs Shredder!!!
    That was such a great showdown. I can't wait to see how Old Hobb and Aloplex play into all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I've been buying the TMNT Ongoing and related Micros via trade and I'm wondering if Turtles In Time is part of that continuity. Any idea? By the artists involved I say yeah, and in Utrom Empire there is mention of time travel. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    It is. Due to the story beginning in media res, plus the delays for the annual (which is a prelude of sorts to the mini as it introduces Renet, but is a separate story beyond that) have made that fact murky.

Basically the reading order for the current storyline(s): 2014 Annual; #33-36; Turtles in Time #1-4; #37...

One of the many things I like about the IDW series is while we get the monthly series, we also get specials and minis practically every month too, but in a way where the stories weave in and out of one another without many discrepancies (like how the "Northampton" arc and the "Utrom Empire" mini took place around the same time, publication and story-wise). Along those lines, the site TMNT Entity has a great IDW timeline that is pretty darn good. Strongly recommended as a reading order.
    Last edited by PastTenseOfDraw; 08-29-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The annual 2014 was indeed a great read! I look forward to more Renet and her "boyfriend" in tow. Perhaps even her master/boss. A followup on how the games are retooled, if used at all and how the Council has used that moment as a solidifying one for the hundreds or races in the cosmos/galaxy.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I thought the annual was pretty good. The artwork was spectacular, and the all around story was a fun read. I will admit some of the dialogue was kinda "meh", but it was totally worth the money. As a whole I can honestly say that I am glad I decided to get back into TMNT with the new series. Even though I've always been a turtles fan, I haven't kept up with all of the books. IDW has been killing it with everything they've done. Some readers read the good stuff first. I put TMNT on the bottom of my reading pile so I know the best is last.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I was really disappointed with the 2014 annual. I have really enjoyed almost everything from the new IDW continuity with the exception of this book, which was unreadable imo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Just finished binge reading all tmnt trades for the first time.....
    My thoughts:
    One of the most enjoyable stories I've read in a long time. There's something about this book that's done so well, I can't put my finger on it. I feel like nothing was rushed at all. Every story seems to be done perfectly. Every arc was great. Characters are consistently developing. Stories seem to be getting bigger.

The bad:
    At times, the art was a little off.

Overall I give all trades as a hole a 8.5 out of 10

Does anyone else feel like they haven't read a new issue of this series in quite some time?

And by series, I mean the main series.

Astonishing Member

Turtles In Time # 4 was pretty excellent. At first the focus on Donnie surprised me. I realized that # 1 was Raph-centric, # 2 was Leo-centric and # 3 was Mikey-centric, but it still seemed weird because it was JUST him and not future alt-versions of the others in supporting roles.

Great fun. Feel good stuff. Eager to get back to the present.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I can't work out why this book dosnt get more talk. I thought there were a lot more turtles fans out there

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    I can't work out why this book dosnt get more talk. I thought there were a lot more turtles fans out there
    I can't figure it out either. It's pretty much been my favorite monthly comic since the first issue.