Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

I got around to reading the Last Ronin. It's a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh…a Last Ronin video game would you look at that. Hope we get an animated movie soon.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/teen...in-development
    I would expect an animated movie before the game since the developers have stated that we won't see the RPG for a few years.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Any idea why the Turtles have never crossed over w. any Marvel characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I wonder about it quite often, as well. It's such a quandary, especially since Daredevil is considered an inspiration for their creation (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, the first issue of the Usagi/Turtles crossover was amazing!

These two titans of the 80's indie-scene have met a handful of times over the years but this new five part mini-series promises to be their biggest yet and so far out of the gate it does not disappoint. While the Turtles and Usagi don't meet until the final page of the book I wasn't ever close to being bumbed because both families of characters were given their due to establish themselves which will definitely make the inevitable clash and team up in the coming issues run more smoothly as readers will have already been given time to get to know the characters. Set twenty years in Usagi's future( just before the events of Usagi: Senso which I really need to reread!) the story really reads like a Sakai classic in that it embraces the simplicity and fun of a casual adventure. On one side you have Usagi, Tomoe, Jotaro and Yukichi go on a side adventure to free a village from the terror of a Kappa and on the other is the raid of a mad scientist's lab by Leo, Mikie, Raph and Donnie and while both are pure fun that contrast between the stoic, almost peaceful, pursuit of the Kappa by Usagi and friends and the raucous and ribald assault of the Turtles not only helps to characterize the players in question but also breaks up the pacing in an ingenious and organic way. And while we've seen the Turtles and Usagi inadvertently meet before at no point does this issue feel stale in any way and with the scene set I'm really excited to see where Stan goes. I think my biggest question though is will Usagi and the Turtles remember their last encounter? In 2017's TMNT/Usagi: Namazu while Usagi remembered his past interactions with the Turtles in Shades of Green, The Crossing and Turtle Soup, Leo had "forgotten" because the IDW iteration of the Turtles was a reboot and not a continuation made it so they never met, but with the IDW Turtles book still going strong I'm hoping the last encounter is still recalled by these Turtles and the relationship with Usagi can continue to build once again. Either way though I'm sure it will be fun, after all, how could it not be when the plot is Rabbit Samurai and Turtle Ninjas against a time traveling steam punk robot?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I wonder about it quite often, as well. It's such a quandary, especially since Daredevil is considered an inspiration for their creation (XD)

^^^Eh, figured I’d ask; thanks K7P5V!

On the whole, Marvel is pretty reluctant to do intercompany crossovers.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Allegedly Mirage pitched a crossover between TMNT and Marvel for the 25th anniversary. There was apparently a lot of excitement at the prospect with Marvel's creative staff but higher ups were not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Allegedly Mirage pitched a crossover between TMNT and Marvel for the 25th anniversary. There was apparently a lot of excitement at the prospect with Marvel's creative staff but higher ups were not interested.
    Yeah, Matvel just hates them for some reason. It took them being pretty much bankrupt to agree to the DC crossover in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    On the whole, Marvel is pretty reluctant to do intercompany crossovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, Matvel just hates them for some reason. It took them being pretty much bankrupt to agree to the DC crossover in the 90's.
    ^^^Okay; I figured if there hadn’t been one I missed, this’d be the reason(s) why. What a shame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I take it this never happened then? TMNT Creator May Bring The Turtles to Marvel Universe in Elektra Story

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It's coming out next month, Elektra: Black, White and Blood #4, but it doesn't feature the Turtles. Art looks good though:

While I enjoy both the segment with the new turtles and the flashback with Michelangelo the two pieces together just don't fit and its maddening because it would be so easy to connect the two halves: have April narrate Mikie's adventure and relate what he went through to some lesson for the baby turtles.

The Lost Tales felt a little choppy, but made sense by the end. At the start I had no idea how he got to the thunder dome and thought I some how missed an issue.