Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

Campbell is officially off the book at issue #150.

While this is certainly good news, I don’t know if the formerly excellent series can recover from the damage done. Let’s hope.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Campbell is officially off the book at issue #150.

While this is certainly good news, I don’t know if the formerly excellent series can recover from the damage done. Let’s hope.
    I stopped reading at #125 just due to budgeting. I don't have as strong a negative vibe towards Campbell as some seem to have developed.
    I will read the rest when TMNT HC vol.16 & 17 come out.
    I'll be curious to see if the next issue is #151 or #1 though. I'm rooting for 151!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

I don't understand what Campbell did wrong?

Can someone explain?

Okay...not too excited that it says that the first issue for Last Ronin II is end of February/March and the second issue is in May.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/05/ex...tion-2-covers/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I don't understand what Campbell did wrong?

Can someone explain?
    Personally, I don't think it was really her fault. I think she was given the unenviable position of being a placeholder until they could come up with what was next, and coupled with bad art the book fell off because of it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The main ongoing TMNT book will officially end with #150.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The main ongoing TMNT book will officially end with #150.
    I'm a bit bummed to hear this. As the longest running title it holds a place, for reasons other than numbering, or places in TMNT publishing lore for the franchise.
    If they are going to reboot the mythology again it will be a bit sad as things like MutantTown were an out growth of all the development before and now we won't see what development could've been like after.

I assume we will get the Dlx HCs that finish off the run. Should be about 2 more volumes, 3 at most.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

they way they are messaging it, it seems like it's either a "start fresh with a new #1 and keep the same continuity" or a "take a break from the mainline book but branch off to more focused mini-series in the same continuity" type deal.

Man, if they do a reboot that would be a bummer; I was really looking forward to seeing the Turtles relationship with Shredder grow.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

I read that its really ending. Over and out. But we shouldn't worry, a reboot is in the works, and many more...

Sad. She title is the most consistent title at the market in terms of continuity, storytelling and most of all characterization. The story must go forward and not reboot.

This is definitely the wrong decision.

Astonishing Member

Instead of being proud of making it to 150 consecutive issues, not counting the minis and whatnot, they decide to end it and start anew. That's just sad.

The bar is pretty high, it can only go wrong. I am miserable, it was my favorite comic for years and years.

Spectacular Member

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/te...son-aaron-idw/

Well it's official now. Honestly i am not sure to how received thé news. I am curious because it's rare to have a Big name on the TMNT, bbuuttt i dont really see the style of Aaron on the turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/te...son-aaron-idw/

Well it's official now. Honestly i am not sure to how received thé news. I am curious because it's rare to have a Big name on the TMNT, bbuuttt i dont really see the style of Aaron on the turtle.
    I know, right?! I felt the same way when Erik Larsen came along, but I thought it turned out pretty well (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Well at least it's just a relaunch and not a reboot, so I'm pretty excited.