Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I actually sort of want more stories in the Turtles in Time #4 'bad future' universe. I'm sure some books and dice RPG guys could make a great game out of the setting.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finished Turtles in Time #4 and found the overall story to be a bit unfocused. I'm going to do a sit down read of the whole thing and see if that doesn't tighten up the bigger picture that #4 seems to have been trying to lay out in those closing pages.

Stories set in that alternate "Shredder Island" though would be something I'd pick up. How does the US government let that happen. What is the world response to what is essentially the largest act of terrorism one could achieve? You didn't just defeat a sovereign nation, you took claim of arguably one of it's largest assets.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

FINALLY! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23815 Man, it's felt like forever since the last issue.

Luckily we get #38 and 39 in back to back weeks.

It would be nice if the trade paperbacks of the ongoing included the annuals... How's the 2014 annual look compared to a trade paperback? At least, the first annual was large enough and collected in a manner that fits with the trades.

Would also be nice if the trades listed a reading order to coincide with the all the micro series.

I trade wait because I love to have the book on a bookshelf where I can see them, and of course, for financial reasons.

Just read TMNT #38 and I'm really digging how we now have 4 main factions at play with Old Hob and his growing army of mutants. The creation of Pete was kinda of a funny trial balloon but here we get introduced to a new take on an old fan favorite in the early 90's with Mondo Gecko! I have to say I'm also enjoying smart Slash.

Turtles/Splinter/April/Casey - Faction 1
    Hob/Slash/Pete/Gecko/Crab/Scientist lady - Faction 2
    Shredder and the Foot/Rocksteady/Bebop - Faction 3
    Kang/Stockman - Faction 4

Clearly Hob isn't to be trusted and at least in the issue that's acknowledged by Splinter and Raph both at different times.
    That said I also think Donatello is correct about the threat of the Technodrome vs the turf war with Shredder that seems to be driving Splinter, and to some degree Hob.

After the family dispute we don't know where Donnie went off to, Leo only tells Mikey that "I'll fill you in later". Could make for a good one shot micro tale perhaps? Or it could be issue #39. At any rate this book continues to be one of the best books on the stand month in/out.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 10-03-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Did anyone happen to catch the season 3 premier of the show on Nick last night? So many awesome references to the original live-action movie. I don't want to spoil it, but the opening scene was like a giant shout out to that movie. Loved it so much.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Issue 38 kicked loads of ass. Lots of setup and story threads going on and it didn't feel cluttered or overwhelming except on maybe a page or two. Can't wait to see what Donnie is up to and what tricks Old Hobb has up his sleeve.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have to say I'm also enjoying smart Slash.
    Right? He's actually more dangerous and scary now.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Mondo Gecko though......MONDO BLOODY GECKO. Sorry but loving that addition, overflowing with 90s radness. Strong art as usual and the series keeps going strong

Quote Originally Posted by swing kinker View Post
    Mondo Gecko though......MONDO BLOODY GECKO. Sorry but loving that addition, overflowing with 90s radness. Strong art as usual and the series keeps going strong
    Just read issue 38. MONDO GECKO!!! Are you kidding me?! This run is incredible.

Perhaps now I'll seem less silly for asking for Ace Duck to make an appearance at some point!!

Astonishing Member

Mondo effing Gecko.

I honestly thought Mikey's buddy Woody would end up being Mondo Gecko. Either way I'm incredibly stoked on Mikey having another bro, potentially. He's such a sweet guy it's vital that he be contrasted to like, Raph, who only has one best bud and maybe a few frenemies.

Herman was funny, too. I liked him a lot, imagined him with R.L. Ermey's voice. Between Petey's hilarious scene and the preview for next issue, it looks like a sledgehammer might get thrown into Old Hob's plans, but a brawl like Rocksteady & Bebop versus Slash has my attention.

Still stoked on the Donnie/Harold/and now Angel dynamic.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Perhaps now I'll seem less silly for asking for Ace Duck to make an appearance at some point!!
    I was hoping for a King Lionheart cameo in one of those Turtles in Time issues. The gladiator one, perhaps, or Future Manhattan.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Herman was funny, too. I liked him a lot, imagined him with R.L. Ermey's voice. Between Petey's hilarious scene and the preview for next issue, it looks like a sledgehammer might get thrown into Old Hob's plans, but a brawl like Rocksteady & Bebop versus Slash has my attention.
    I liked Herman. I think it's cool that Waltz can introduce some mutants of his own.. adding to the sandbox if you will.. than just playing with everyone else's toys.