Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Looks awesome!

Re: King Lionheart - that's a character I had forgotten about honestly but as soon as I read the name think it would be cool to get him back as a character also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

LOVE that they brought Mondo Gecko into the series! .. I actually exclaimed whilst reading "whoa! thats awesome.. they brought in Mondo Gecko!" and turned the book around to show my fiance... she didnt seem as enthusiastic as me. lol

excited to see what happens with BB and RS in the mix now..

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

My hope for the punk frogs to return is still strong

Issue #39 was another good one. A little throw down with Rocksteady, Bebop, and the rest of the mutants. Really incredible art work, as per. The cover for issue 40 looks amazing.

Agreed. Read #39 last night and I feel they really have captured the personalities of the leads really well.
    I don't really like the codename for Angel's suit though, Nobody, it's just not very interesting and has no fear factor to it, subtle or otherwise.
    I like that Donnie is getting Metalhead back together but was just as shocked as April and Harold that he wasn't going to go assist in the fight. Family is still family so clearly they are conveying that Donnie is sticking to his belief vs Splinter on what the bigger threat is at the moment. Also, Harold agrees as well(as do I frankly) so finished Metalhead may serve two roles. Give Harold time to fix the transporter and Donnie to upgrade Metalhead.

I liked that we saw the vid from Fugitoid again, been some time since that message was sent. I like that a time table within the book is set for the likely completion of the Technodrome. They have a few months...weeks even to stop this thing. Also, since Pete was sent to bring back new samples from the pet store perhaps the Punk Frogs or Ace Duck could emerge. Man Ray isn't going to be likely at this junction since rays aren't in pet stores but I agree he'd be awesome to get into the book at some point.

This books is consistently one of the best and I'm glad it sells in the 15K range month in/out. It could easily be the longest running ongoing of any turtle run. Another 20 to go to top the Mirage run(60). The Archie title is the current holder at 72 issues. Always hated they didn't push it to 75 to cancel it.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

This issue cemented why Don is my favorite turtle and Splinter is my favorite comic character period. Donatello is driven by his conviction and beliefs, and sticks by them. Splinter doesn't agree with his choice but respects it, demonstrating how understanding he is. Both characters were at their best this issue and I can't wait for next moth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    This issue cemented why Don is my favorite turtle and Splinter is my favorite comic character period. Donatello is driven by his conviction and beliefs, and sticks by them. Splinter doesn't agree with his choice but respects it, demonstrating how understanding he is. Both characters were at their best this issue and I can't wait for next moth.
    Couldn't agree more.

And Captain Craig, I agree on the Nobody codename too. It's always just seems awkward to me when they use it in dialogue. But I love the suit and the fact that Angel's in it so I deal with it lol.

First post! woot!

I just got around to reading #39 last night and i really enjoyed this issue. In fact i'm enjoying the series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ4 View Post
    First post! woot!

I just got around to reading #39 last night and i really enjoyed this issue. In fact i'm enjoying the series so far.
    Welcome!

It really is a great series.

happy to be here. some of these characters i'm green to but its fun alternative to the turtles i see on tv etc. and love the 'teams' going at it.

i'm lost on one thing. the shredder/krang encounter...it kinda left me hanging. whatsup with that?

January Solicitation for the main series:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #42
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Cory Smith (a) • Smith, Eastman (c)
    Part 2 of “Attack on Technodrome!” An unusual alliance makes its first moves as Fugitoid, Baxter, and Krang aim to outwit each other. The twists and turns are just beginning as the Technodrome is mere moments away from activation!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • Variant Cover by Brian Churilla (Big Trouble in Little China!

I forgot about the hammerhead shark mutant. What is his name again? Is he new to the IDW series or a carryover from another incarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I forgot about the hammerhead shark mutant. What is his name again? Is he new to the IDW series or a carryover from another incarnation?
    Bludgeon I believe. Pretty sure he's new to the series, like Herman. He's from the stand alone issue where Shreddar and Krang meet.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I started re-reading this series from the beginning the other day, and the argument between Don and Leo in issue 10 was some heavy foreshadowing for what's going on now with Donatello leaving to fight Krang instead of Shredder. Goddamn I love this series on so many levels.

BANNED

Default Tmnt

When I was in high school (in Maine), my brother was dating a girl, and he came home one day to say that her brother was writing a comic and it featured ninja turtles. This was early 80s. Yes, Kevin Eastman. I asked my brother to get me a copy...but it never happened. Too bad.

The character April is based on a girl who lived in my city. She was beautiful.
    Last edited by johnmahananda; 10-30-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Additional Information