Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post
    When I was in high school (in Maine), my brother was dating a girl, and he came home one day to say that her brother was writing a comic and it featured ninja turtles. This was early 80s. Yes, Kevin Eastman. I asked my brother to get me a copy...but it never happened. Too bad.

The character April is based on a girl who lived in my city. She was beautiful.
    wouldve been nice gift to have. back issuse are going for a grip now! my Local shop are selling them for too much ha

Quote Originally Posted by swing kinker View Post
    My hope for the punk frogs to return is still strong
    i'm hopeful too.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Well there is the just announced Mutanimals mini series...perhaps the Punk Frogs could make their debut there?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hopefully they're done better in this series if they appear than in the Nick show... I wasn't a fan of those "punk frogs."

February Solicitations:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #43
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Cory Smith (a) • Smith, Eastman (c)
    "Attack on Technodrome" Part 3! A major battle on Burnow Island unfolds! Will the Turtles be able to help Fugitoid to deactivate the Technodrome before it's too late? Meanwhile, Splinter and the Mutanimals go up against Karai and the Foot!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •Twists and turns abound in one of the biggest storylines yet!
    •Variant Cover by Aaron Conley!

TMNT Color Classics Vol. 3 #2
    Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Jim Lawson (w & a) • A.C. Farley (c)
    The TMNT Color Classics line continues, presenting another classic Mirage storyline in all-new full color! In "Shades of Gray, Part Two," Casey Jones deals with the aftermath of accidentally killing a street thug in self-defense. Will Casey find order from the chaos before he does harm to himself... or to those closest to him? Originally printed in black and white as TMNT v1 #49.
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •The prelude to the classic City at War arc, in all-new full color!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: New Animated Adventures #20
    Landry Walker (w) • Dario Brizuela, Chad Thomas (a) • Brizuela (c)
    "Flavor of Fear" part 2! Michelangelo has uncovered the hidden truth behind everyone's strange behavior! With his brothers incapacitated by a devastating mental attack, it's up to Mikey to save the day!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: New Animated Adventures #20—Subscription Variant
    Landry Walker (w) • Dario Brizuela, Chad Thomas (a) • Derek Charm (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 10: New Mutant Order
    Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco, Cory Smith (a) • Mateus Santolouco (c)
    Shredder and Kraang finally meet up but will they be able to overcome their differences and join forces? Meanwhile, Old Hob has perfected the art of making mutants! With the ranks of his mutant gang swelling, the Turtles will have to determine if they can truly trust Hob against the Foot. Collects issues #37 – 40.
    TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-233-3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutanimals #1 (of 4)—SPOTLIGHT
    Paul Allor (w) • Andy Kuhn (a & c)
    Old Hob, Slash, Herman the Hermit Crab, Mondo Gecko and Pigeon Pete have become a force to be reckoned with in the TMNT ongoing — and now they've got their own miniseries, in which their teamwork will be put to the ultimate test! When someone close to the group is kidnapped, the Mutanimals end up on an adventure more wild and dangerous than they could have imagined! What mysteries lurk at...The Null Group?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutanimals #1 (of 4)—Subscription Variant
    Paul Allor (w) • Andy Kuhn (a) • Ben Bates (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    •The fan-favorite mutant group reimagined for a new generation!

The covers to #43 look great, can't wait to get into the Technodrome storyline. That's been a slow boil subplot for some time now.
    I'll be telling my LCS staffer to add Mutanimals to my pull list.

Got my HC of the Souls Winter in the mail earlier this week and it's indeed a nice book. It's not as oversized as the Ultimate line which is my only disappointment. Not sure why IDW is fluctuating the size of these TMNT hard covers.

Another brilliant issue today. Herman had me laughing out loud ("Medic!"). And the cliffhanger... such a great book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Another brilliant issue today. Herman had me laughing out loud ("Medic!"). And the cliffhanger... such a great book.
    One of my favorite issues of the series... not enough Donny though. If he was present during the big fight, I'd say the issue would have been #1 on my list. Still really great. And we got a Cowabunga from Mondo Gecko!!

In the letters pages though, it was mentioned Santolouco would be back to "bring us home to issue 50." Does that mean 50 remains the final issue of the series? I know Tom Waltz said they had things planned out to then, but that was a while ago.
    Last edited by cc008; 11-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Guys is it okay to ask which TMNT to read as i'm new to TMNT comics and all i did was watch the cartoon in the 80's and now i want to get more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by stick0 View Post
    Guys is it okay to ask which TMNT to read as i'm new to TMNT comics and all i did was watch the cartoon in the 80's and now i want to get more into it.
    The current ongoing is good. I started around issue 36. Its a little , more serious than the 80s cartoon but it adds some elements from all of them in the books

With the online sales going on I ordered the first three trades. Will I miss any of the story if I skip the micros?

The micros are both side stories to the main arc in the ongoing title and sometimes gap fillers. They are collected themselves so when you can afford it and if you like the content you have in the first three trades Ultimates, I'd get them.
    Example: Bebop and Rocksteady get their start in one of the micro's then just show up in the ongoing. I think it's the Karai micro.

In related news issue #40 was a great read! The Turtles and Hob's Mutanimals vs Bebop/Rocksteady was great fun and then the ending panel with Donnie/Metalhead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The micros are both side stories to the main arc in the ongoing title and sometimes gap fillers. They are collected themselves so when you can afford it and if you like the content you have in the first three trades Ultimates, I'd get them.
    Example: Bebop and Rocksteady get their start in one of the micro's then just show up in the ongoing. I think it's the Karai micro.
    Bebop and Rocksteady are teased at the end of an issue of the main ongoing first though. They didn't just pop up out of nowhere.

I don't read the micros or anything and haven't felt lost once. Just some perspective from someone on the other side of the coin

Amazing Member

I was a HUGE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, movie, and toy fan when I was a kid. I never read the comics, though. After seeking advice on another forum, I decided to start reading IDW's ongoing. I decided to start from the start and ordered everything that goes along with the first two arcs on Amazon and eBay. I am VERY excited to give it a try.

I hope that I enjoy it and can catch up quickly!

After reading a bit about the series, I feel like I'm going to have some fun.