Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Bebop and Rocksteady are teased at the end of an issue of the main ongoing first though. They didn't just pop up out of nowhere.

I don't read the micros or anything and haven't felt lost once. Just some perspective from someone on the other side of the coin
    Thank You both for the feedback. I went ahead and picked up the first micro collection as I read the first 12 issues. In my opinion they are not vital to the story but are helpful. I have a basic understanding of the Turtles history but I would have had no idea who/what an Alopex was without the micros. Overall, the story seemed to hit its stride around issue #9 when Shredder and the Foot kidnapped Splinter. I think I'll pick up another couple of trades as I am curious what is up with Krang and the war.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Alopex is an all new character. Introduced in the IDW run so we all needed her micro!
    The material that has started with Krang simmers for the next 20 issues and now at issue #41 is finally coming to a boil. His long term plans are at the point of no return and he must be stopped--that's all I'll say.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    I was a HUGE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, movie, and toy fan when I was a kid. I never read the comics, though. After seeking advice on another forum, I decided to start reading IDW's ongoing. I decided to start from the start and ordered everything that goes along with the first two arcs on Amazon and eBay. I am VERY excited to give it a try.

I hope that I enjoy it and can catch up quickly!

After reading a bit about the series, I feel like I'm going to have some fun.
    You're in for a treat. Over the last month or so I re-read the entire series, and it was the best decision I've made in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    You're in for a treat. Over the last month or so I re-read the entire series, and it was the best decision I've made in a while.
    I re-read City Fall this past weekend... man that was a great arc. One of the best in any comic in a long while.

Amazing Member

Thanks, guys. I'm really excited to jump into the series. The order should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I have a feeling I'll be ordering more of TMNT by the end of the weekend. Haha!

BANNED

I've been catching up on the series lately and it's amazing. I'll go as far as saying that it's better than the Mirage run. I'm currently on #21, so I must ask. How long until do I have until I see The Triceratons and Hun?

Edit- I just finished the City Fall arc. It was perfect from beginning to end. I hope this Alopex isn't dead, seeing Hun, Rocksteady & Bebop made me smile & is it me or could Casey use a bit more training from Splinter?
    Last edited by Starchild; 12-19-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Amazing Member

My order came today, but so did my weekly comic shipment. I'm going to get through the weekly books first, since I won't have another shipment until the beginning of January. I should be reading TMNT by mid-week. Can't come quick enough!

I took a peak at the art, though, and I was really happy with the look of the books. Made me even more excited.

Amazing Member

Finally got to read issue #1 today and was very happy with it. I think I'm going to read a few more and then order some more of the arcs. Good stuff.

Amazing Member

I couldn't put down Volume 1. I will start Volume 2 tomorrow, but I just ordered Volumes 3 and 4 along with the second Micro.

Amazing Member

I've been able to read a bit more of TMNT. Man...I think I'm in love with this series. I love how everything is very familiar, yet fresh at the same time. I'm a big fan of the writing, as well. The characters all have unique personalities that I can practically hear off of the page.

Amazing Member

I took advantage of some holiday money and spoiled myself by well...buying everything to get me up to date for TMNT. It was cheaper than I expected.

I also found an awesome Bebop and Rocksteady shirt that I can't wait to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    I took advantage of some holiday money and spoiled myself by well...buying everything to get me up to date for TMNT. It was cheaper than I expected.

I also found an awesome Bebop and Rocksteady shirt that I can't wait to wear!
    Cool man. I've been on a small TMNT kick recently and have gotten the first five trades and a micro book. I watched the new movie on Christmas and thought it was better than the critics gave it credit for, definitely check it out if you have not watched.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Cool man. I've been on a small TMNT kick recently and have gotten the first five trades and a micro book. I watched the new movie on Christmas and thought it was better than the critics gave it credit for, definitely check it out if you have not watched.
    I didn't hate the movie, but I was a little disappointed. I didn't feel like the four turtles had their unique personalities shine. I want to watch it again, though, to have a better opinion of it. Sometimes I'll like a movie better on the second viewing.

is there an omnibus of the Archie comics era?

... also..

does anyone remember a circa 1991 storyline (black & white, Mirage Publishing) where the characters were reintepreted as existing in feudal japan (or wherever?) they didn't have masks, everybody just had more or less togas..

Amazing Member

I just finished the third arc of TMNT. I love this damn series. I'm doing my best to not burn through the whole thing. I want to get up to date with it, but I don't want it to run out of "new" material from it either.