Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Xena vs. MCU Captain America

Scenario 1: Xena and Captain America are both given standard equipment.

Scenario 2: Xena and Callisto fight against Bucky and Captain America.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Xena should take the first.

Her strength and speed feats are insane, plus all those gravity defying feats characters from her universe has. The Chakram would take out the shield, Cap's shield does cool stuff but Xena's chakram literally does whatever the hell Xena wants it to.

Second fight, is Callisto normal, an immortal or a goddess? If it's the latter then they take it. Otherwise it would depend on whether or not the chakram can cut off Bucky's metal arm or not as that is the strongest and most lethal part of the fight.

Extraordinary Member

I don't remember that many strength feats from Xena or anything suggesting she's faster than Cap. I'd say Cap is faster and probably stronger whereas Xena is probably more durable but I think Cap would wear her down and take it.

2nd fight not sure depending on Callisto.

BANNED

It occurs to me that unlike pretty much everybody Cap has ever faced, Xena is actually trained very well to deal with guys that use shields to defend themselves, and to stab or punch around it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterkinger View Post
    Scenario 1: Xena and Captain America are both given standard equipment.

Scenario 2: Xena and Callisto fight against Bucky and Captain America.
    I think Cap is stronger but not by a lot. Xena has some crazy strength feats.

Speed seems about equal. Granted she has no feats of aim dodging bullets because- no bullets.

He's got the advantage in durability.

Scenario One: As somebody said, cap's shield does some amazing things. Xena's chakram, especially the later one, does absolutely anything she wants it to. It bounces around hitting things at fast speed for two minutes while she's fighting and then she holds her hand out and it flies back. It changes directions in mid-air. The chakram alone gets her the win.

Scenario 2: Depends on which version of Callisto. Standard warrior Callisto was close to Xena's level but not quite. I'd say Bucky beats her, no doubt. So Cap and Bucky win.

But if it's Callisto after she became a goddess, she and Xena win.
    Power with Girl is better.

Cap all arounds. Window fighting style is like xena minus the super far flipping and pressure points. Don't see Xena pressure points working past cap suit, and cap is above the likes of window in skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    Cap all arounds. Window fighting style is like xena minus the super far flipping and pressure points. Don't see Xena pressure points working past cap suit, and cap is above the likes of window in skill.
    Are you kidding? Xena is far beyond Widow. Xena has strength feats of destroying Gods and being able to throw projectiles with the same amount of force as crossbows. Xena is far beyond Widow.

And Cap's suit doesn't protect his neck. She could easily pressure point him given the opening.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Are you kidding? Xena is far beyond Widow. Xena has strength feats of destroying Gods and being able to throw projectiles with the same amount of force as crossbows. Xena is far beyond Widow.

And Cap's suit doesn't protect his neck. She could easily pressure point him given the opening.
    yeah, i'm gonna have to agree. xena does do well against gods, who are around the same strength level as sorbo-cles. so saying widow is the same as her is all kinds of wrong.

When Natasha is on the level where she can do all of that, let me know.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

When Natasha is on the level where she can do all of that, let me know.
    Or when MCU Cap is on that level...

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

1. Xena, but with a bit of effort. The amount of effort decreases significantly if she starts landing pressure points and shutting off his limbs. She's also got more weapons and is way better than Cap at throwing round metal objects so he's likely to eat a chakram in the back of his head while trying to keep her from stabbing him in the face or turning off his legs with a touch.

2. Xena and Callisto, on the grounds that Callisto is usually more or less even with Xena and only needs to last long enough for Xena to finish off Steve and they murder The Winter Soldier together. Also, it was very hard to think of a way to phrase that last bit so that it wasn't a double/triple entendre.

BANNED

Sorry, but since Xena and Callisto are bloodlusted by standard rules, still a double entendre for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    1. Xena, but with a bit of effort. The amount of effort decreases significantly if she starts landing pressure points and shutting off his limbs. She's also got more weapons and is way better than Cap at throwing round metal objects so he's likely to eat a chakram in the back of his head while trying to keep her from stabbing him in the face or turning off his legs with a touch.
    And since her 2nd one splits into 2 pieces that work independently of one another, the chakram could easily act as 2 extra people distracting Cap and Bucky giving Xena and Callisto even more of an edge.

Spamming the field with a split chakram is how Xena managed to kill 3 gods in one battle while taking very little damage (for Xena, anyway) so I don't see why this tactic would make Steve and Bucky easy as hell, especially with Callisto also being chakram capable.

Wasn't saying Xena and Window were on the same level physically. However, they do have the same type of overly acrobatic spin fighting style (Xena just jumps much further). MCU top elites like Window and May can use this kind of jump about non-sense combat but not as high. And yet they are still well below Cap in terms of pure combat ability. Cap is the best fighter in MCU as of now. As for pressure points, I can't 100% recall, but I believe some where shown in the DD series (not by DD but madame Khan and Nobu). So they do exist in MCU. Besides, Cap gets knowledge Xena can use pressure points here. He won't let it happen on the few openings in the armor he has.

The chakram gets batted down by Cap with a shield throw. Give me a break. Even Spider-man, the guy who swings around and through buildings all day, said the Shield defies the laws of physics. We've seen as much. Cap's shield also has better speed feats having gone 100 feet on screen in a second at most, and basically be unable to be avoided by anyone who wasn't peak human in MCU.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-16-2016 at 07:50 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wasn't saying Xena and Window were on the same level physically. However, they do have the same type of overly acrobatic spin fighting style (Xena just jumps much further). MCU top elites like Window and May can use this kind of jump about non-sense combat but not as high. And yet they are still well below Cap in terms of pure combat ability. Cap is the best fighter in MCU as of now. As for pressure points, I can't 100% recall, but I believe some where shown in the DD series (not by DD but madame Khan and Nobu).
    In Madame Gao's case, it's more that she basically ruined Matt's day with a single hit that sent him flying.

It's a set-up for the supernatural Ki stuff that'll be in Iron Fist.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate