Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Which "Agents of SHIELD" Character Will Fall? Here's Who You Chose

We asked CBR readers which of her teammates Daisy Johnson saw die in a vision. Ahead of the season finale, the results are in!

Full article here.

I gotta agree that both Lincoln and Mack seem like the most obvious candidates. They aren't as important to the show as Coulson, May, Fitz and Simmons are, and either one of their deaths would upset Daisy quite a lot.

I'm surprised that so many people voted for Mack. AoS has to be conscious that people will be critical, if he carks it after Trip died in a previous season. Not to mention that he's one of the better actors/characters in the show, and is handy in fight scenes without being OP. I think he's safe.

Lincoln... he's more peripheral to the team, and his romance with Daisy is almost disturbingly lame. I actually think they'll go for one of the bigger names, such as May, though, it will have more impact. It would be a brilliant and hilarious twist if they killed off Daisy, but that's pretty improbable.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Lincoln has added NOTHING to the show...he's been setup as Skye's love interest specifically so he could die, it's so obvious. Glad the trope is being reversed here (usually the female love interest dies to further the arch of our male hero), but that doesn't make them writing such a glaringly obvious plot point any less obnoxious.

Y'all are crazy if you think they're killing Mack after killing Tripp last season.

Probably be Mack (let's kill the black guy again)

What do me and the other 2.4% win if it's Coulson?

I would also accept Ward in a last minute reemergence/"redemption" if that was an option. Like everyone else, I wouldn't miss Lincoln, but I'm not sure we'll be so lucky. Will riot if it's Simmons. Still irrationally hopeful that they'll go the boldest, most interesting route and kill Coulson.

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    What do me and the other 2.4% win if it's Coulson?

I would also accept Ward in a last minute reemergence/"redemption" if that was an option. Like everyone else, I wouldn't miss Lincoln, but I'm not sure we'll be so lucky. Will riot if it's Simmons. Still irrationally hopeful that they'll go the boldest, most interesting route and kill Coulson.
    Yeah, I gotta say my wife and I would not upset if Lincoln buys the farm! His character has really offered nothing, and his personality while Daisy was under Hive's influence was just not helpful to anything. I feel like he brings nothing to the team, and with him gone, perhaps they could fill his spot with a NuHuman who will be better written and have a more likeable personaliity.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Lincoln needs to die. Jesus, so boring and uncharasmatic.

If they kill Mac, I might be done with the show.

It's like they don't understand - the show got better with the new characters outside of the original gang....you shouldn't get rid of them. Keep Mac alive, bring back Bobbi and Hunter.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

If it's between Lincoln and Mack, it's gonna be Lincoln. (Even though Luke Mitchell did an interview recently where he seemed to see a future for his character... actors have to be crafty and deceptive when they know their characters are about to bite it.)

Mack couldn't be safer. The show is NOT going to kill both of the black characters it's had. If there was a killer asteroid headed toward Earth, I'd go stand next to Mack because it's the safest place in the world.

This may not be realistic in-show, but it sure is the reality out of show.

The only thing against it being Lincoln is the fact that pretty much everyone assumes it will be him. Not much of a twist there.

Or maybe they ALL die, and season 4 is set in Heaven. We haven't seen the MCU version of Heaven yet.

The problem for for is that if anyone other than Lincoln dies, I'll instantly be thinking "Why wasn't it Lincoln!?" And then I'll dislike him more than I already do because he'll still be in the show and a better character (because everyone is better than Lincoln) won't.

Frankly, it's been hard enough putting up with him in the absence of Bobbi and Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    The problem for for is that if anyone other than Lincoln dies, I'll instantly be thinking "Why wasn't it Lincoln!?" And then I'll dislike him more than I already do because he'll still be in the show and a better character (because everyone is better than Lincoln) won't.

Frankly, it's been hard enough putting up with him in the absence of Bobbi and Hunter.
    Quote for truth, really.

I am really lean toward Coulson or May, it would radically change the dynamic of series and with Coulson, I just can't think of anything they can do with the character at this point besides explain to the Avengers their old buddy is alive and why he never bothered to contact them. But that story would be better if he was alive and then died again before they could be upset with him directly about it.

BANNED

If someone dies its going to be Lincoln but I actually don't think anyone will die permanently. You can die for one second and have it count as a death. The vision scene makes me think of Uncanny X-men #100 where Jean Grey "dies" bringing a space shuttle back to Earth. Marvel may not have access to the X-men characters but that doesn't mean they can't steal their storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    If someone dies its going to be Lincoln but I actually don't think anyone will die permanently. You can die for one second and have it count as a death. The vision scene makes me think of Uncanny X-men #100 where Jean Grey "dies" bringing a space shuttle back to Earth. Marvel may not have access to the X-men characters but that doesn't mean they can't steal their storylines.
    What you're saying is technically true, but if they've been advertising and foreshadowing a major death for weeks (months?) and it's someone dying for one second, you would almost have to assume they're trying to make everyone quit watching the show. (Which, no matter how many cheesy scripts and journeymen directors suggest otherwise, I still think people watching and enjoying the show is their goal.)

Incredible Member

Lincoln is way too obvious for it to be him. I'm betting its May, personally. I've had a feeling for awhile that Ming-Na Wen is ready to move on to other stuff (just a feeling I've gotten from how she addresses interviews and such this past year) and I could easily see a scenario where she dies killing Hive and avenging Andrew.