Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
Swan reminds me of the old Art Institution commercials that used to run. He's basically from the first generation of comic artists but has an older style, going back to his own dad in observational sketchings of remote nature. His forms are dedicated to the natural to a fault. To where his aliens look like regular people in cheap paint and costumes. Kirby was about the same age but by the 60s developed his extremely elaborate and unique style, where Swan just kept tweaking the old style. He went from the cover guy to having more dynamic artists on the covers for his stories (though he drew at least two stories a month to be fair, so it was probably hard enough). BUT, I can't say anyone was more technically sound and his storytelling was so perfect. His Superman did become better looking with the times and he made great advances in drawing action when that became more important to the books. The most important thing was that he was a total juggernaut and drew practically everything for Superman stories for decades. With DC infamously even having him redraw the Kirby face.

It's sad that so much devotion to a corporate character didn't earn him much and that many are understandably like you in finding his work a little boring, but in some ways his Superman will never be topped.
Oh! I meant no disrespect to the artist and what he has done for the character . It's just not my cup of tea, that's all. Regardless of that, people here love it. And i seem to be the exception, not the norm. I am sure people in general are like that as well. It's not like i myself hate it or anything.