Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ely View Post
It looks like a lot of folks base their favorites on their childhood nostalgia of Superman. If I was basing my favorites purely on my childhood memories then it would be Alex Toth (Super-Friends), Curt Swan, Dick Giordano, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez along with Neal Adams. But I don't consider everything Superman that I had from my childhood the greatest just because it's from my childhood.
The Super-Villains LIMITED COLLECTORS' EDITION had a cover by Dick Giordano, while the LCE cover with a lucky kid riding on the back of Superman was by Bob Oksner--Jack Adler probably photoshopped it with the Statue of Liberty. Oh wait, they didn't have photoshop--Adler had to mock all that up on his own using his skills as an artist and a photographer.

I probably saw Superman cartoons before I started buying Superman comics. That was in the '60s, so I was watching the Superman cartoons that used Curt Swan's illustrations as their model.

I think I was much smarter when I was a kid. Now my head is full of stupid notions. I have much more respect for what I knew when I was a child.