Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default Who can repel Dark Phoenix with just brute force?

Let's just say that both Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force decide that it is time to fry any unsuspecting world for whatever reason and she no longer responds to love or anything like that. So even Scott Summers himself cannot talk her down. Also, Dark Phoenix gets the first move so nobody can catch her off guard either. Who can survive Dark Phoenix's initial attacks and beat her down?

This seems like a job for the Sly one himself!

Seriously though - As this requires the person to A) Survive Dark Phoenix's best shot to the face before doing anything and B) only use Brute Force, it's going to take some pondering to come up with a non-jokey response without going up the cosmic scale past any doubts.

BANNED

Well, she better not try that crap on a Culture world.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, she better not try that crap on a Culture world.
    Well, currently Jean Grey is the White Phoenix of the Crown and can hold baby universes which she has been entrusted to repair in her hands. Dark Phoenix is a different animal though, but even before that, she was one of the few people who Galactus treated as a peer, though her feats don't generally quite hold up to that level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, currently Jean Grey is the White Phoenix of the Crown and can hold baby universes which she has been entrusted to repair in her hands. Dark Phoenix is a different animal though, but even before that, she was one of the few people who Galactus treated as a peer, though her feats don't generally quite hold up to that level.
    The White Phoenix of the Crown isn't insane and does not fry worlds.

And the Culture's Big Gun is Gridfire, which actually sounds very similar to unrefined Power Cosmic.

I wouldn't say Gridfire was Power Cosmic level. The Culture are spectacularly effective, but they're not even one of the most advanced races (look at the races that have sublimed, for instance). They can do stuff like put Singularity Bombs in the brains of Special Circumstances operatives as a sort of ultimate cyanide pill, but they're still ultimately a high-scale 'Involved' species.

Dark Phoenix in her most batshit, D'Bari-Star-System-destroying mode, is at least on the level of the Excession. And when the Culture saw the Excession, they basically just said "Oh. ****." and achieved diddley-squat against it until it decided "Screw you guys. You're not ready for the big leagues yet." and disappeared.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I admit...My mind went elsewhere and I thought this was Dark Phoenix vs Brute Force...The group.

I mean it's probably most likely a Hell of a stomp but that gave me a chuckle.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hm. My goto-answer of Set the Destroyer might not actually bring enough gun for a change. :(

Dormammu? Yeah, I'll go with Furnace Face. That would be an interesting fight.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

That version of Phoenix-Jean is the weakest, but still Solar System Buster Level.
    So anybody beyond that, basically.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So Furnace-Face works.

Mentally strong enough to withstand psychic attacks from her, and powerful enough to operate on that level anyway (based on presentation, how he treats Classic Strange, and some feats of his own). And brimming with more weird powers (spells) than you can shake a stick at.

Also hilarious, so it would be a riot to read.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I mean it's probably most likely a Hell of a stomp but that gave me a chuckle.
    It really is -- what did Jean Grey ever to do to deserve that? What do you have against her?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I guess if she fought really dumb, Juggernaut could tank through her blasts and punch her. That assumes Jean just stands there shooting energy at him and not doing anything else, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It really is -- what did Jean Grey ever to do to deserve that? What do you have against her?
    There's a list but I think it comes down to one thing: (To Jean) Quit freakin' dying every other month or at least stay dead.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Wait what, are they really that powerful or are you just joking around?^^