Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Captain America vs Captain America

Movieverse Steve Rogers with all his usual gear takes on comic Steve Rogers naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Movieverse Steve Rogers with all his usual gear takes on comic Steve Rogers naked.
    No expert but I think MCU is stronger the shield just lynches it

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    No expert but I think MCU is stronger the shield just lynches it
    I wouldn't be so sure. MCU Cap threw his shield and dented tank armor. Comic cap threw his shield and it went through a large delivery truck, lengthwise, including the engine block.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Comic Steve is also much faster and significantly more skilled, so even if we spot MCU Steve a significant strength edge, he's not going to land a hit and will be taking pressure point strikes and the like in every pass. Not to mention that he can easily dodge/intercept the shield if it's thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Comic Steve is also much faster and significantly more skilled, so even if we spot MCU Steve a significant strength edge, he's not going to land a hit and will be taking pressure point strikes and the like in every pass. Not to mention that he can easily dodge/intercept the shield if it's thrown.
    Don't forget experience, he has well over a century of combat under his belt thanks to Kang's Groundhog Day shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Don't forget experience, he has well over a century of combat under his belt thanks to Kang's Groundhog Day shenanigans.
    That's functionally meaningless honestly, things like that. There's really nothing that particularly demonstrates it in practice to some grand extent.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-12-2016 at 11:35 PM.

He's not much faster . And he's not so skilled as to overcome the stats advantage of an about as fast opponent . MCU Cap wins

Yeah, MCU Cap is one of the very rare instances of a movie version being more powerful than the mainstream version.

MCU Cap hasn't done anything that 616 Cap isn't capable of, to the best of my recollection.

Member in Disguise

Since the shield is the signature weapon for both, it may be a moot point; one Cap throws it, the other catches it. In my head, I see them trading it back and forth. Does he have any other specific toys besides the shield?
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He's not much faster . And he's not so skilled as to overcome the stats advantage of an about as fast opponent . MCU Cap wins
    Not more skilled?

MCU Cap is good, but he hasn't pulled off anything like standard CBPH martial artist tomfoolery like cartwheeling through multiple streams of gunfire and energy blasts from every direction, dropping low end metas with pressure points, doing shield throws that make MCU Cap look like he's just messing around with a frisbee, etc...

Not to mention that MU Cap has several times the experience as MCU Cap at fighting opponent's on that level, even discounting temporal shenanigans.

Captain America takes it decisively.

Not to mention that MU Cap has several times the experience as MCU Cap at fighting opponent's on that level, even discounting temporal shenanigans.
    Again, I'm increasingly thin on this as a relevant concept to.. much of anything really, outside of, I suppose, scenario matches where a broader knowledge of things might impact potential plans for dealing with things, or having to face people with especially funky powers and weaknesses, or how well one uses one's funky powers. This is a straight up fight, neither person involved is especially much capable of esoterica.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-13-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Captain America takes it decisively.
    I don't know I think Captain America loses 10 out of 10 times here

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don't know I think Captain America loses 10 out of 10 times here
    Fair enough, Captain America's feats are all over the place, and I can't remember where he's pegged hereabouts. So a 10/10 for Captain America is definitely possible.