Default Any recommended Larfleeze comics?

I've only ever read a little of the Larfleeze comics by Giffens, Dematteis and Kolins, and I thought it was a bit too goofy for my taste.
    Are there any comics featuring Larfleeze that are more serious? or is he a perpetual clown?

I don't really know anything about the character, that's why I wanna read the comics in the first place
    Thanks in advance

In his first appearance, he was scary as f**k. Geoff Johns' Green Lantern, not sure of the issue numbers, but the trade was called Agent Orange or something. That's what you want to read.

After that first appearance, he started to become less scary and more funny, and last I saw him, that was all he was.

But I do recommend checking out the Larfleeze Christmas Special, from a few years back (2009? 2010? Not sure). It was the more "funny" version of the character but it was a extremely well done comic, with lots of weird extras like games and cookie recipes....very creative stand-alone issue. The basic premise is that Larfleeze, during his brief time on earth, heard about Santa Claus, and being an alien from another world on a planet were flying people with miraculous powers is not at all uncommon, he assumes Santa is real and goes out to fulfill the "Christmas contract" and get everything he wants on his Christmas list (which is, of course, everything) Things dont go so well when the contract is unfulfilled. It sounds silly and stupid, and it was, but it was well crafted and fun despite that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I think the Christmas Special is your best bet.

The Larfleeze ongoing series was just not as entertaining. And the ongoing storylines came off as tortured to the point that the humor was lost completely by the end.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out

It's Larfreeze, right?

The only acceptable answer is:

All of them.

[the preceding is a cheap, but funny, gag and is by no means an actual book recommendation]

very good
    very good

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Larflezze was the back up feature in the first 5 issues of the Threshold: The Hunted series.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I never actually read of the character before that run. Iirc, that back up was what launched the ongoing. Which I quite liked as a change of pace from the rest of the johns era comics. It ended up, of course, as the poster child for "we want something different that we won't touch with a ten foot pole" line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In his first appearance, he was scary as f**k. Geoff Johns' Green Lantern, not sure of the issue numbers, but the trade was called Agent Orange or something. That's what you want to read.

After that first appearance, he started to become less scary and more funny, and last I saw him, that was all he was.
    Even though I enjoyed the humorous take on Larfleeze, I absolutely loved it when he was written scary.
    Given his appearance on the cover for Green Lanterns number 1, I'm hoping for a return to that more menacing take.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Even though I enjoyed the humorous take on Larfleeze, I absolutely loved it when he was written scary.
    Given his appearance on the cover for Green Lanterns number 1, I'm hoping for a return to that more menacing take.
    Where do you see this cover? this got me interested

Quote Originally Posted by Hulizar View Post
    Where do you see this cover? this got me interested
    Here it is.

GLs_Cv1_571592f78254a2.75115104.jpg

No! You can't have them, they're all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    This looks fricking cool. Nice