Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Superman: American Alien, #7

After a massive explosion rocks downtown Metropolis, Clark finds himself face-to-face with a white-skinned alien riding a flying motorcycle-and the eyes of the world are all on this so-called Superman! But when Clark's attempt at reason fails and the bounty hunter reveals some unpleasant truths about Clark's own alien origin, a brutal showdown begins! Superstar artist Jock reteams with Max Landis for the epic series finale to SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN!

Full article here.

I'm more interested in the "Thanagarian deserter...."

Interesting art to close with. Like to see how this fight will go. Not sure this Superman's power levels.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

That will be interesting to see. Also, the "unpleasant truths about Clark's own alien origin".

Amazing Member

Sad to see this awesome series coming to an end. I hope we get more down the line. I hope DC and Fox consider bringing Max Landis on their comic based movie projects. I really dig what he has been doing with Superman, and I think he would do amazing things with the fantastic four.

Remember when people doubt Max Landis.
    Remember when every one said this was going to suck
    Man this guy proved everyone wrong

DC needs to let this man make a new universe

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm crying on the inside though. Can't believe this is the last one.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Remember when people doubt Max Landis.
    Remember when every one said this was going to suck
    I chuckle about that whenever this series comes up. Landis has scored one big for storytellers who have yet to tell their story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstellar View Post
    Sad to see this awesome series coming to an end. I hope we get more down the line. I hope DC and Fox consider bringing Max Landis on their comic based movie projects. I really dig what he has been doing with Superman, and I think he would do amazing things with the fantastic four.
    No, thanks. I think Superman deserves better and Landis isn't that good too. i'm more willing to give a diverse voice to someone else.

i think jock art isn't so good in interiors...

well Lobo, you good deliver a letter instead of destroying buildings, this seems to be a dig on man of steel.

All-New Member

Glad it's the old Lobo and not the that emo-vampire looking one...

BANNED

I know it's very unlikely, but it'd be awesome if DC included Landis' other Superman stories (Action Comics v2 Annual #1, and Adventures of Superman–digital–#14) in American Alien's collected edition.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just thought I'd share something pretty fascinating regarding how Landis approaches the coming action in issue 7.

https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/stat...26224625901568

In a world where Grant Morrison himself is preaching the benefits of the "unlimited budget" that the blank page of comics affords, you have a writer who is being frugal with said budget in favor of his story; you gotta at least admire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus-Guilty View Post
    Glad it's the old Lobo and not the that emo-vampire looking one...
    Me too. I may have to pick this issue up.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    No, thanks. I think Superman deserves better and Landis isn't that good too. i'm more willing to give a diverse voice to someone else.

i think jock art isn't so good in interiors...

well Lobo, you good deliver a letter instead of destroying buildings, this seems to be a dig on man of steel.
    Yeah, Superman does deserve better. And Landis just proved himself. It would have been cool if we got Landis instead of Jurgens.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Good reasoning on Landis' part for the building. As much as I genuinely and emphatically dislike Landis, the dude, Landis the writer really pleasantly surprised me with this; in the midst of the chaos of the general Superman line, we've gotten an honest-to-god perennial - what'll probably end up the most generally acclaimed story of the character since All-Star.

I dig the continuing makeshift look of the costume (with the shorts). Based on the cover, I'm wondering if he'll retrieve some kind of Kryptonian artifact from Lobo by the end of the issue that'll become the 'classic' suit. I figure that there probably needs to be some kind of wrap-up with Batman and either Lois or the Kents by the end of the issue too, since he can't really count on there being a sequel miniseries to continue this with.
    Buh-bye