Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I really hope Landis nailed the ending. I love that it's the real-deal Main Man for the fight, but I have a bit of apprehension just because a brawl is a departure from the rest of what the series has been. I don't want it to end on a wrong note, because this series has been so good.

On his twitter you can vote for his next DC comic.

Anyone interested in Killer moth ?

The art style hasn't grabbed me yet but I'm intrigued since this feels like a fight Superman cant talk his way out of this. Plus I bought the other 6 so... I hope this is a good end and a sequel is around the corner *fingers crossed*

Jock's art is usually better than this.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    On his twitter you can vote for his next DC comic.

Anyone interested in Killer moth ?
    I'd hit the Killer Moth box until it begs for mercy, if only I had twitter.

For three reasons:
    1) Landis has been including a Killer Moth mini among his comic book projects for years by now and given his quirky personality I doubt it was meant as a recurring joke, meaning that he actually has a plan for him specifically. In my opinion, any writer who sees potential a character whose most recent appearance had him addicted to chewing stolen Batman costumes deserves at least a shot at seeing it on paper;
    2) Moth is such a tertiary (secondary is a little too much for him) character in the Batman universe that chances of editorial interference would be quite remote;
    3) After Superman: American Alien, I'd read even Max's shopping list if I could get the original manuscript.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope it ends with him getting the traditional costume. I also kind of hope they address some of the stuff from the last page of the first issue. It seems like he was setting something up there and just never got back to it. I assumed there was going to be some sort of follow up with the later issues but there never was. Like we were going to learn some sort of dark secret from the Kent's past or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Remember when people doubt Max Landis.
    Remember when every one said this was going to suck
    Man this guy proved everyone wrong

DC needs to let this man make a new universe
    Landis is pretty freaking awesome. I watch and enjoy some of the YT videos he puts up. Haven't read any of his comics yet. I stopped following comics much a few years ago. I was aware he was writing American Alien but I didn't know it was a limited series and that it was being met with strong acclaim

I remember he did a video where he discussed a Superman story idea where he had hundreds of Green Lanterns standing up in the air, looking down at a dead Superman. Or something like that. Sounded interesting
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 05-18-2016 at 05:17 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Huh. I can't believe I'm saying this, considering I've been loving the series since day one, but this... was kind of a letdown. I think mainly because it felt super short and kind of rushed as a result of this. It should have been a double-sized issue for sure. Or maybe I had crazy high expectation considering all the hype Landis has been building about it for quite a bit. Still one of my favorite current Super comics regardless.
    The collection is gonna have 4 more pages of story, I hear.