Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

That preview was better then I had anticipated it being! I grew up watching Jonny Quest thanks to my wonderful Dad! I can't wait to share this comic with him. My father introduced me to Jonny Quest back in 1998 and I loved the show but was sorry to see that it no longer aired. As a result I went to the public library and checked out all the available episodes of Jonny Quest and watched and enjoyed them. I also watched some other Hana Barbera shows such as The Flintstones and The Pirates of Dark Water. This comic looks to be really exciting and I'm hoping that it causes Cartoon Network to take a cue from Netflix and their Voltron project. Perhaps, Cartoon Network will create some new Jonny Quest, Space Ghost and Flintstones shows among other things. They've already got Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack back in revival.

Spectacular Member

Since I'm sure Shaner will have to take a break at some point who would be a good fill-in artist on this book?

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Sterling;2016626]Since I'm sure Shaner will have to take a break at some point who would be a good fill-in artist on this book?[/QUOT Someone who will leave out Spare Part Girl - so a fill-in writer, too!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gold49 View Post
    Someone who will leave out Spare Part Girl - so a fill-in writer, too!
    Not with Spare Part Girl in the Impossibles please!!!!!!!!
    Okay, Gold, I’ll bite. What’s wrong with “Spare Part Girl”? You remind me of the anecdotes about early Fantastic Four readers wanting Invisible Girl to be removed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmane View Post
    Okay, Gold, I’ll bite. What’s wrong with “Spare Part Girl”? You remind me of the anecdotes about early Fantastic Four readers wanting Invisible Girl to be removed.
    She will take attention from the others, (and the series was already curtailed too early due to the do-gooders saying it was "too violent" so we haven't seen enough of them anyway), and will ruin the dynamic/interaction between them. If it had been a large team like the Legion of Super Heroes or the Avengers, it would seem wrong to have a team with all members being the same sex, (at least without a reasonable explanation), and for those sort of teams new members being added - and occasionally leaving - works well, but not the Impossibles.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    What is Steve Rude doing on this project? Drawing a back-up or something?
    According to IGN, Rude did some fill-in pages.

Spectacular Member

Default Is it YOU, Dream Girl?

She will take attention from the others, (and the series was already curtailed too early due to the do-gooders saying it was "too violent" so we haven't seen enough of them anyway), and will ruin the dynamic/interaction between them. If it had been a large team like the Legion of Super Heroes or the Avengers, it would seem wrong to have a team with all members being the same sex, (at least without a reasonable explanation), and for those sort of teams new members being added - and occasionally leaving - works well, but not the Impossibles.
    Could you please give me a list of numbers for the lottery? The way you CLAIM that the impossibles WILL be ruined shows me you have paranormal powers, since you are so sure of it. You also seem to KNOW for a fact that the dynamics will be hurt, which is a fantastic piece of knowledge to have before the product is even OUT!!!! Needless to say, your constant carping about "the fans" (of which I am one, btw) going to hate this proves, beyond any doubt, to me I should trust your numbers for my lottery ... yes, futurologist is a great job to have.
    Last edited by philosopop; 05-17-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by philosopop View Post
    Could you please give me a list of numbers for the lottery? The way you CLAIM that the impossibles WILL be ruined shows me you have paranormal powers, since you are so sure of it. You also seem to KNOW for a fact that the dynamics will be hurt, which is a fantastic piece of knowledge to have before the product is even OUT!!!! Needless to say, your constant carping about "the fans" (of which I am one, btw) going to hate this proves, beyond any doubt, to me I should trust your numbers for my lottery ... yes, futurologist is a great job to have.
    If I DID have Dream Girls's powers, I'd have got myself a nice win on the lottery...............but it seems clear to me that this will change the Impossibles too much for my liking. As you are a fan yourself, what appeals to you here?

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I just figured they finally found a drummer. It's something their band/super-team was lacking.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Honestly, I just figured they finally found a drummer. It's something their band/super-team was lacking.
    I'm sure one of the originals could get behind a drum kit - plenty of musicians play more than one instrument!

Always Rakzo

Thought this was a solid first entry. Parker did a good job at presenting some of the characters in classic ways while preparing the upcoming threat nicely and despite that some of the cast don't appear, their presence is still being hinted.

Great and fitting art too.

Spectacular Member

This was great. I'm expecting next issue for Birdman and Space Ghost to have a misunderstanding/face-off.

I read the first issue this morning it was AMAZING!!! Easily one of the best books put out by DC in a very very long time.

I'm coming into this title with no previous experience with these characters whatsoever. I still found it to be a fun, engaging book. Solid first issue, that has my interest. I'll keep checking this out for a bit for sure.

Spectacular Member

So after looking at the cover and wondering about new character Ty, I've come to the conclusion that he will be this series' Mightor.