where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default Suicide August! (First Squad Solicitations)

In addition to the first issue of Rob William's run, there's a new Most Wanted mini-series starring El Diablo (plus Boomerang, Croc, and Waller) and a one-shot by John Ostrander:

SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1
    Written by ROB WILLIAMS • Art and cover by PHILIP TAN and JONATHAN GLAPION • Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Soldier. War hero. Traitor. Captain Rick Flag was one of America’s greatest military commanders before he was banished to a secret military prison. But after years of isolation, Flag’s life changes forever when a woman called Amanda Waller offers him redemption in exchange for taking on the single most dangerous job in the entire DC Universe: keeping the Suicide Squad alive!
    On sale AUGUST 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

SUICIDE SQUAD #1
    Written by ROB WILLIAMS • Art and cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS • Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
    “The Black Vault” part one! When a mysterious and definitely super-important cosmic item falls out of the heavens and into enemy hands, America has only one option: Task Force X, Amanda Waller’s strike team of incarcerated super-criminals. A one-stop-shop for plausibly deniable espionage and ultra- violence, this “Suicide Squad” only handles missions they’re not expected to survive. An insane new era of SUICIDE SQUAD begins here with superstar artist Jim Lee and red-hot writer Rob Williams (UNFOLLOW, MARTIAN MANHUNTER).
    On sale AUGUST 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

SUICIDE SQUAD: WAR CRIMES SPECIAL #1
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER • Art by GUS VAZQUEZ • Cover by JUAN FERREYRA
    When a retired American politician is taken to Europe and tried for alleged war crimes, the USA must recover him from an allied nation before terrible truths are revealed. Enter the Suicide Squad, who storm the Hague itself to save America from her own dark secrets. The writer who started a revolution, John Ostrander returns to the Suicide Squad for the first time in a decade to tell one of his boldest and bloodiest stories ever.
    One-shot • On sale AUGUST 31 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO AND BOOMERANG #1
    Written by JAI NITZ and MICHAEL MORECI • Art by CLIFF RICHARDS and OSCAR BAZALDUA • Covers by MIKE HUDDLESTON
    From the pages of SUICIDE SQUAD comes an all-new series featuring two of the team’s most infamous heroes, El Diablo and Boomerang! First, a sudden pardon frees the fiery El Diablo from Belle Reve prison, much to the shock (and irritation) of team leader Amanda Waller. Chato returns to his old neighborhood to reunite with his family, but when he’s attacked by a heavily armed local gang and their leader, the deadly, super-powered Bloodletter, will his freedom and his life get cut dramatically short?
    Meanwhile, in the first chapter of two-part tale written by Michael Moreci (from DC’s Writers Workshop program) with art by Oscar Bazaldua, Boomerang and the Squad embark on a mission to take down a ruthless dictator within a small, unstable Central American nation, but when the mission goes awry, the Squad must jump in a helicopter and flee as all hell breaks loose. But amid the chaos, the team realizes one of them was accidentally left behind: Boomerang! How can he stay alive long enough to be rescued when a whole army wants him dead?
    On sale AUGUST 10 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-16-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Wow! This looks nice and is major commitment by DC to the SS

Unknown.jpeg

I'm glad DC is actually pushing Suicide Squad
    They probably should have invested in the franchise a lot earlier than this but at least they got it together
    Nice to see Ostrander get to write the Suicide Squad again
    DC just didn't use Rick Flag for some reason

Always Rakzo

DC is certainly betting their money on making Suicide Squad work. Lots of spotlight issues dedicated to characters from the movie while also bringing back a legendary writer like Ostrander.

I just wish they would have kept Seeley in the title instead of hiring Williams.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

They all sound pretty interesting to me. And yea, figures DC would want a lot of Suicide Squad books to come out the same month as the movie. Here's hoping both the books and the film do well!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    DC is certainly betting their money on making Suicide Squad work. Lots of spotlight issues dedicated to characters from the movie while also bringing back a legendary writer like Ostrander.

I just wish they would have kept Seeley in the title instead of hiring Williams.
    Seconded. Unless... Williams is even better. Seeley was REAAALLY good, though.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Seconded. Unless... Williams is even better. Seeley was REAAALLY good, though.
    I'm not really sure about this. Williams' Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad Special wasn't so good, mostly because it tried to use several styles at the same time while none of them were particularly well-executed (not to mention that the angsty direction for Harley is usually a terrible choice).

Then again, that's a common complaint I have about Williams' work as a whole, he tends to put a HUGE emphasis on style no matter how unnatural and off it might seem on page, his ideas are interesting enough but his pretentious execution rubs me the wrong way.

I think Seeley offers a better balance between style and substance.

This comic book is one that I`ve been waiting on again.
    Dr. Ozzy Ozz PhD - CBU