Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's "Black Panther" #1 Sells More Than A Quarter Million Copies

Though March sales trended down overall, Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze's "Black Panther" debuted with impressive numbers.

Full article here.

So weird to be seeing Black Panther sitting on top of Batman and Star Wars lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

And it did it without a lootcrate boost like some people were trying to claim.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Though March sales trended down overall, Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze's "Black Panther" debuted with impressive numbers.

Full article here.
    I don't know if we should credit it to Coates, the BP character, or a combination of both, but regardless that booked blew everything else away. That's awesome beyond words.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I canīt remember that any of the previous Black Panther series sold much.

Itīs curious how this new book in its 1st issue was able to sell so much at the point to be number 1 on Sales list.

cool beans

Incredible Member

Goodness, that's quite a good start... and a good place for the sales to slowly trend down as we get a more regular number for the ongoing, as is the case with most #1s.

Astonishing Member

People don't realize this is a historical occasion. This is the first time in Marvel History that one of their black characters has been number one on the sales chart. The closest before this was Miles Morales Spider Man at Number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And it did it without a lootcrate boost like some people were trying to claim.
    It was included in the Marvel Collector's Corp box (with an exclusive cover), but I have no idea how many of that specific box was ordered or if that would even be included in Diamond's numbers since it's Marvel's box.

Will CBR will always do these charts now?
    Because the comparison to the previous issue makes this chart even better than the one on Comichron itself.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    People don't realize this is a historical occasion. This is the first time in Marvel History that one of their black characters has been number one on the sales chart. The closest before this was Miles Morales Spider Man at Number 3.
    Huh, I'd have imagined Storm would have been in one of the X-Men top sellers. Unless you just meant solos?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Will CBR will always do these charts now?
    Because the comparison to the previous issue makes this chart even better than the one on Comichron itself.
    The Mayo Report is a monthly feature.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/tag/mayo+report

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Wow that is pretty awesome to see BP selling more than Batman! I'm sure the success of the CW movie as well as the buzz around BP in it really helped in the interest in this book. Congrats BP fans!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Huh, I'd have imagined Storm would have been in one of the X-Men top sellers. Unless you just meant solos?

I'm referring so solo series. Of course there's been teams with black characters where they reached number one. But in terms of solo book, the only black hero that has ever reached the number one spot for selling comics was Spawn, so this is a HUGE deal.

Just sold a million about a week ago