Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "All-Star Batman," "The Hellblazer" & More Arrive in DC Comics' August Solicitations

Plus, "Harley Quinn" relaunches, "Superwoman" debuts and Rebirth continues to unfold across the DC Universe!

Full article here.

Looks like the shine is going to wear off just as quickly as I anticipated. The Superdad line sounds repetitive and boring already, pretty much what I'd expect when Jurgens essentially has the keys to the kingdom. Superman can't get back soon enough.

On the other hand, Wonder Woman still sounds intriguing, and hopefully Supergirl and Superwoman will deliver.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

well now we know Bumblebee's on the titans roster since she appears on the cover for issue two

I went through all of that and see no sign of Cyborg.

Cyborg is M.I.A. or most likely K.I.A. Good job DC... never expected much out of you.

so where's Justice league of America this month? You know, the main title? Has brian hitch hijacked it or something? Oh well, still a lot of good stuff this month, like;
    1) I'm glad the Gotham story is wrapping up quickly in Batman- one good thing from all the double shipping.
    2) All star Batman; Much as I love to see Bat's rogues gallery come out of the woodwork, I'm not a fan of the buddy-by being handcuffed together" types of story.
    3) Aquaman; Speaking of rogues, I hope we see more of Arthur's in this Nemo group.
    4) Titans #2 sounds good- do I see Bumblebee? Yippee! But why is teen titans still around?
    5) Wonder Woman #5; guess I should have paid more attention to this story, if Cheetah's on deck.
    6) looking forward to Supergirl and Blue Beetle rebirth.
    August is sounding a bit more expensive for me; hopefully, I'll be dropping some marvels tomorrow.

Doomsday still in Metropolis? no matter .. I was not going to see this saga.. but still NO news about the funeral superman, because this.
    JLA the only book with superman, this last month..
    as soon batman must start trusting superdad and superdad invited to Harley book?
    Tim Drake is still in batman beyond? Teen titans 23?? where is damian and the others new teen titans book?

Spectacular Member

Not much DC announced for Rebirth ever really caught my eye. I've been reading Titans Hunt, but I've never really been a Titans fan so I doubt I'll continue on with the ongoing. I just wanted to know how Abnett would retcon the retcon that removed them from DC history. Most of the other creators on the remaining books I've never really cared for. All-Star Batman may have potential. Fortunately, the only two books DC announced that did excite me will be arriving this month. I am more than ready for Hellblazer and Blue Beetle. And I'm happy Lucifer is back. I was worried it was surreptitiously cancelled when I didn't see it in last month's solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I went through all of that and see no sign of Cyborg.

Cyborg is M.I.A. or most likely K.I.A. Good job DC... never expected much out of you.
    These are August solicits. New Rebirth titles are rolling out over several months. The list below was released in February, prior to the announcements at Wondercon so some of these have moved slightly or been given fixed months since. Cyborg, which I highlighted below, is likely on tap for September:

EDIT: Post too long.
    Fall
    Rebirth Specials:
    • BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
    • BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
    CYBORG REBIRTH #1
    • DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
    • EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
    • SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
    • SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
    • TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
    • TRINITY REBIRTH #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
    CYBORG #1
    • DEATHSTROKE #1
    • HARLEY QUINN #1
    • JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
    • SUICIDE SQUAD #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
    • BATMAN BEYOND #1
    • BLUE BEETLE #1
    • EARTH 2 #1
    • GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
    • SUPERGIRL #1
    • SUPERWOMAN #1
    • SUPER SONS #1
    • TEEN TITANS #1
    • TRINITY #1
    Last edited by GDC3; 05-16-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

I looked it up and it said August for Cyborg Rebirth #1 and pretty much everything that is on that list with Cyborg has been solicited.

I hope you're right though.
    Last edited by Iconic; 05-16-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

hellblazer #1
    supergirl rebirth #1
    superwoman #1
    nightwing #2 & 3
    wonder woman #4 & 5
    future quest #4
    art ops #11
    the sheriff of babylon #9

trade waiting:
    batman #4 & 5
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-17-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I looked it up and it said August for Cyborg Rebirth #1 and everything that is on that list with Cyborg has been solicited.
    Yeah. Probably just pushed back to September.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Lots of awesome stuff this August! DC continues to own the Summer for me as far as comics go. Will definitely be getting....

ACTION COMICS #961-#962
    ALL-STAR BATMAN #1
    AQUAMAN #4-#5
    BLUE BEETLE: REBIRTH #1
    BATGIRL #2
    BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
    BATMAN #4-#5
    DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #6
    DEATHSTROKE: REBIRTH #1
    DEATHSTROKE #1
    DETECTIVE COMICS #938-#939
    EARTH 2: SOCIETY #15 & Annual #1
    THE FLASH #4-#5
    FUTURE QUEST #4
    GREEN LANTERNS #4-#5
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #2-#3
    HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #5
    THE HELLBLAZER #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #2-#3
    LEGENDS OF TOMORROW #6
    NEW SUPER-MAN #2
    RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1
    RED THORN #10
    SUPERGIRL: REBIRTH #1
    SUPERMAN #4-#5
    SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1
    SUICIDE SQUAD #1
    TITANS #2
    WONDER WOMAN #4-#5
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

So, are Batman Beyond and Dr. Fate just... continuing? I've got no problem with that, as I like both titles, but its a bit odd they're just hanging on.

Man, the first arc of 'Tec is looking like it'll go at least 8 issues. That's longer than I thought. This storyline sounds so intense that even with double shipping the wait might feel too long between installments.

Batgirl Fight Club sounds interesting. I'm still not sure what the tone of this book is going to be, and having that kind of story so soon in the series will help sort that out.

All-Star Batman just got me interested. Sounds all kind of fun.

Injustice is still kind of spinning its wheels, though it's nice to be able to narrow down a few more deaths.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Looks like the shine is going to wear off just as quickly as I anticipated. The Superdad line sounds repetitive and boring already, pretty much what I'd expect when Jurgens essentially has the keys to the kingdom. Superman can't get back soon enough.

On the other hand, Wonder Woman still sounds intriguing, and hopefully Supergirl and Superwoman will deliver.
    SUPERDAD, Family, family, family.. good start.. boring.. just it makes me see there is 0 chance to reconcile with that character.

I think that during this rebirth super dad came into all comics to force you see this character. harley always receiving characters from the JL .. and when it's up to Superman ... they put superdad ..just it makes me see there is 0 chance to reconcile me with that character.

BUT, I'll see superwoman ..I know that superdad appears at some point(look the cover). but he will not spoil my alternative to superman.. NO, THIS TIME.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-16-2016 at 03:28 PM.