Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    so was DC's plan to make the Superman fanbase fight among themselves just as much as the Green Lantern fans? because it seems like that's the only thing this stunt is going to accomplish.

Exaclty

Did anybody notice Bizzaro has superdads blue booted suit on?

Im sorry but superdads costume is imo not good,the boots and the belt are ugh,both him fighting doomsday and harley.

Black zero? I want the older kon,not the terrorist group ugh.

So superman is fighting doomsday and tue eradicator (atleast not this version),and we have superwoman,supergirl,and super-man,and all i can think of is that it all feels vanilla to me.the suler line needs some fire,some attitude,some clone named Kon.

Amazing Member

The most interesting thing I spotted is the 12 issue hardcover box set of Watchmen. Might be a fun upgrade from my old TPB copy.

And would like to see someone other then Giffen get s shot at Blue Beetle.

DC is reediting The Golden Age? Right now?

Mmm... Suspicious, specially with the Ultrahumanite threatening to recreate earth-2.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Exaclty

Did anybody notice Bizzaro has superdads blue booted suit on?

Im sorry but superdads costume is imo not good,the boots and the belt are ugh,both him fighting doomsday and harley.

Black zero? I want the older kon,not the terrorist group ugh.

So superman is fighting doomsday and tue eradicator (atleast not this version),and we have superwoman,supergirl,and super-man,and all i can think of is that it all feels vanilla to me.the suler line needs some fire,some attitude,some clone named Kon.

Um, OK dude, we get it. You like Superboy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    so was DC's plan to make the Superman fanbase fight among themselves just as much as the Green Lantern fans? because it seems like that's the only thing this stunt is going to accomplish.
    I'm honestly surprised to see this much support for the new52 version.

Here's what I'm getting.....

ALL-STAR BATMAN #1
    BATMAN #4
    BATMAN #5
    DEATHSTROKE: REBIRTH #1
    DEATHSTROKE #1
    DETECTIVE COMICS #938
    DETECTIVE COMICS #939
    GREEN ARROW #4
    GREEN ARROW #5
    HARLEY QUINN #1
    HARLEY QUINN #2
    NIGHTWING #2
    NIGHTWING #3
    SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1
    SUICIDE SQUAD #1
    TITANS #2

DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #6
    HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #5
    HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS #5

Maybes....(if I have extra cash when they come out.)

SUPERWOMAN #1
    SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO AND BOOMERANG #1
    SUICIDE SQUAD: WAR CRIMES SPECIAL #1

Might have to let go of the Suicide Squad stuff. Getting to be a lot of books and I only buy it for Harley and it's not like she has a shortage of books right now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, me too. DC had pretty much poisoned the well in my book -- I dropped all the main Super titles a while back. I don't expect Superdad and family to remain permanently (unless Jon hits really big), but it will get me to try the Super books again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I went through all of that and see no sign of Cyborg.

Cyborg is M.I.A. or most likely K.I.A. Good job DC... never expected much out of you.
    Maybe he's the "secret Titan" and we're finally letting go of this Justice League thing.

Batman 4 & 5
    Detective 938 & 939
    Wonder Woman 4 & 5

Maybe...
    Suicide Squad Rebirth & 1

Spectacular Member

This is the only place online or in real life where I see people upset about the current storyline. Everywhere else, there's interest and curiosity about where the story is going. I'm going to give Tomasi's Superman a shot and see how things turn out.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This is the best the DC line has looked in...forever? Excited to get my favorites bi-weekly. Also, the storylines themselves actually sound a little more Silver Age to me, which is A-OK in my book

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I am surprised as well if only because I was never able to get into the N52 Superman books. The only Superman books that I've enjoyed since the 2011 reboot have been the Convergence issues and Superman: Lois and Clark that spun out of that. At the moment I'm pretty excited for the bulk of Superman line and that hasn't happened in a very long time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

- So is All Star Batman going to be monthly at 5 dollars an issue?
    - I'll be amazed each time Dr. Fate is solicited for another issue, I like that series but I know it doesn't sell.
    - Not sure I love the whole Atlantean terrorist attack thing for Aquaman but Abnett's been good so far.

I'm still so conflicted about whether I want to pick up most if not all of the Superman line or none of it. I only just started reading the books right at "Truth" and those books definitely needed a change after that nightmare. On the other hand, just killing off New 52 Superman just seems...wrong. I've enjoyed the Lois and Clark book but I don't really want Superdad as the main superman. My bigger worry is that they won't have learned their lesson and get stuck in crossover hell yet again, damaging New Super Man/Supergirl/Superwoman.

-DC rebirth has to do with an intergalactic timeline stealing demon? That's what I'm guessing since the first issue solicitation said that this series was heavily involved in the Rebirth one-shot and the preview catalogue did show hourglasses.

-Not sure how I feel about Nightwing working with the Court of Owls, but I'm willing to see where it goes

-Kryptonian Werewolf?!?

-Harley Quinn vs Zombies...nice!

-I'm actually interested in seeing Blue Beetle again, I kind of forgot how much I liked him.

-The Colony in Detective comics just looks like an army of Arkham Knights. But still excited to see Cass, Steph, and Tim in action together.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Um, OK dude, we get it. You like Superboy.
    No,i like kon-el,one of the many characters who have called themselves superboy.

And thank you for mentioning me,i fill honored.

Oh and kon,he is our attempt at remaking god (of comics duh),so yeah i think he is that great,and important.