Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Oh...and I'm going to have to get the Harley Quinn issue now. Damn it all. LOL
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

meh...

lois and kara are the only ones that feels appealing to me. i can and will certainly avoid the main titles for some time, i will wait for manofsteel1979 and Ascended opinions on it if it ends worth anything

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Unless Tomasi pulls a Piccolo and Gohan, where despite himself the Eradicator begins to care for the boy.
    Ooooo that'd be a strange new twist. And if Jon's powers are on some high magnitude then their might be some ambiguity to what Eradicator wants.

If Jon does have greater powers then maybe the Gohan comparisons run even deeper and he can only tap into them in randomly (rage is a little to obvious). It would allow him to function in Super Sons while still being really powerful.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I won't pretend that twelve issues of a pretty boring direction is a good sign, but it's not just Superman. Every title has a long, basic story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Eradicator is probably out to eliminate Superdad and Jon because they are abominations to Krypton in his eyes. That's his MO. He's quite fickle when it comes to Krypton's honor. He won't take kindly to a "half-breed" and an alternate.

Unless Tomasi pulls a Piccolo and Gohan, where despite himself the Eradicator begins to care for the boy.
    Lol Eradicator a better father than Superdad.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    meh...

lois and kara are the only ones that feels appealing to me. i can and will certainly avoid the main titles for some time, i will wait for manofsteel1979 and Ascended opinions on it if it ends worth anything

Wow. I'm truly flattered you hold my opinion in such high esteem.

I will definitely post my thoughts when the time comes.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Wow. I'm truly flattered you hold my opinion in such high esteem.

I will definitely post my thoughts when the time comes.
    well i do see you guys as more prone to some neutrality and level-headness (is that even a word), not to mention it looks like you and ascended have quite the story in the verse for some said long time which would make you guys quite the reference, i would add sacred too but even he (or her,dunno) said some time ago that will be going out for the time being

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Supergirl and Harley are both definite for me (not typically a Harley comic guy, but this is obviously a special occasion). Action and Superman I'm picking up on behalf of my dad. Superwoman and New Super Man depends on what Berganza's editing - I want to limit myself to buying no more than one book of his, and if Supergirl's one, I'm afraid I'm not picking up anything else under his stewardship.
    Buh-bye

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's tacky to solicit it this way just like it was tacky before. The books eventually speak for themselves.
    There's some truth there. I try not to pay a whole lot of attention of the solicitations due to how repetitive the summaries can get. Which is alot more often than not.

The cover art for the Super titles are pretty nifty, and I'm curious to actually read these books and see how the direction unfolds.

Anything has to be better than the slump we've had to endure for awhile now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Supergirl, for me. I will try out the Superwoman book, too. Is that Natasha Irons and Traci 13? Love them.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-16-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Only ones that look uninteresting are action comics(why are they doing such a long doomsday story, who cares? what happened to Lex? Wasn't WW supposed to help in the fight? Why did Batman not show up?) and maybe Superman(I'm gonna read it, but man are they dragging the Eradicator storyline, hoping for a more interesting storyline when Douge Mahanke starts his arc.)

I'm not getting either but my strong suspicion is that Superman will be a lot better than Action. Outside the mystery of Clark, which isn't mentioned at all this month, it sounds like a typical boring Jurgens slugfest. With Superman there's at least the chance Tomasi does something interesting with Eradicator.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wasn't WW supposed to help in the fight? Why did Batman not show up?)
    I remember having the same questions waaaay back in 1992. lol I don't remember what the explanations were for Wonder Woman and Batman back then, if any. Been awhile since I've read those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    I remember having the same questions waaaay back in 1992. lol I don't remember what the explanations were for Wonder Woman and Batman back then, if any. Been awhile since I've read those issues.
    For WW, I think she was in the whole Space Pirates thing for the duration. In space. with Space Pirates.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Well life's getting busy. I will be thinking of looming back on some issues later on. Knock on the door of the Antarctic Fortress when something pops up.