Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Another month of enjoyable Super-books. Works for me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I little worried with doomsday again on Action, but interested on what is black zero

erradicator also seem like a replay and tomasi is writing, idk if i will give this series a chance.

so far into superwoman anyway

Hold on..... Isn't Black Zero the name of the battle in Metropolis during Man of Steel?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I little worried with doomsday again on Action, but interested on what is black zero

erradicator also seem like a replay and tomasi is writing, idk if i will give this series a chance.

so far into superwoman anyway
    Superwoman looks more interesting than I originally thought. Traci 13 and Natasha Irons and Steel were unexpected additions to the cast but welcome.

As aprehensive as I am over the circumstances of all this, I'm glad we are seeing some old faces as far as the cast. Sawyer and the SCU in ACTION...now Traci and Natasha in SUPERWOMAN, Cat in SUPERGIRL, Bring back Bibbo , Proffessor Hamilton and GangBuster somewhere in the titles and we'll have pretty much the core 90's cast again, which I wouldn't mind at least.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Hold on..... Isn't Black Zero the name of the battle in Metropolis during Man of Steel?
    Yes,but Black Zero originates from the Pre-Crisis and has had different forms over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Zero
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    well i do see you guys as more prone to some neutrality and level-headness (is that even a word), not to mention it looks like you and ascended have quite the story in the verse for some said long time which would make you guys quite the reference, i would add sacred too but even he (or her,dunno) said some time ago that will be going out for the time being
    You, good sir, do my ego proud.

So....yeah....I dont put too much faith in solicits, since by their nature they're supposed to be vague and there have been times when things have changed between solicits and release, and sometimes whoever writes the solicits (an intern Im guessing?) doesnt even know what the story is about (I swear Ive read about that actually happening at least twice). Still, Im in no rush to see a Doomsday story dragged out for six months, and am barely more interested in what they do with the Eradicator. That one should, by all rights, be really good, but....I have little faith in DC anymore, and even less in Berganza and his office.

That said, Superwoman is certainly getting an issue or three. Im not huge on this direction for Lois (she doesnt need powers to be super) and I dislike how blatant the Jane-Thor parallels are, but who can say no to Jimenez? (did I spell that right?) The Chinese Justice League thing in New Super-Man is either going to be a fascinating exploration of China's culture and the divide between its people and its government and the nation's struggle to fully integrate with the global village....or its gonna be the worst kind of "LOLZ look Asian Batman!" tripe imaginable. Because its Yang I sort of expect the former....but going by his Truth/Superman material I fear it'll be the later.

Sadly, the one Im most looking forward to is the Harley homage to "Superman vs. Muhammad Ali" How sad is it that we can get good, proper respect for Superman and his history in a f**king Harley Quinn book but his own titles can't even be bothered to invest in the current, proper version?

On the bright side, as soon as she saw the image my wife knew exactly what the story was doing. And that made me proud. Im willing to bet half the posters here have no idea, and she barely reads Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yes,but Black Zero originates from the Pre-Crisis and has had different forms over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Zero
    I would anticipate Black Zero being developed into a villain for Jon, taking more inspiration from the post-Crisis Superboy version, as opposed to the pre-Crisis incarnation.

Unless Black Zero is a name the mysterious Clark Kent takes. I did note Clark is entirely missing from this months solicits; maybe this is why. If so Action goes up a notch in the interest department.

"Clark Kent" = Black Zero = Solar Man?

:sigh: I think they're trying, I'll give Jurgens and Tomasi that. For all my snark of the direction, I think they will put forth some effort. Even if its not my thing. But will Berganza derail their plans? History leans toward the answer of yes, he will.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

These all look horrible, to be perfectly honest. I probably won't buy any of them. By far the worst is the Harley Quinn comic. Looking at Action Comics versus the Superman title from June through August, I think I'd be more likely to go with Action Comics if I decided to get one of them, but of course the Action Comics storyline line appears to disintegrate into being all about SuperJon by the August issues (Joining the relaunched Superman title, which appears to be all about SuperJon from issue #1), which is what I was afraid of. I highly doubt I'll be buying anything new involving Superman from DC Comics after Superman #52 on May 25, apart from my subscription to JLA to see how the current storyline ends (And it looks like those may be delayed indefinitely if they come out at all because they are set pre-Rebirth and not what DC Comics is focusing on- so I may not have that opportunity).

I would be more likely to buy a non-Superman comic from DC Comics with the direction they're taking this line than to buy a Superman comic. Maybe something like Green Arrow. But I have no solid plans in that regard. Right now, it looks like I'll be getting some Marvel and Image Comics this summer, and maybe some old new52 back catalog Superman stories I missed when they were first published (Like Unchained).

I can't rule out getting these 100%, because, to be fair, I do like Superman in general an awful lot and might just have some sort of weird unexpected thing where I really, really want to read a new Superman comic regardless of which version of Superman it is, which horrible supporting characters gets most of the page count, and how boring the plots seem (And I'm not going to stand on principle if I'm in a mood where I really want a $3 e-comic for some reason), but none of these appeal to me in and of themselves. Even taking the premise that my Superman is dead and Superdad is filling in as a given, they still sound bad- way too much SuperJon, nothing that really grabs me, etc..

The Harley Quinn is the one I really can't see even in a weird mood with a craving to read Superman getting. A comic about a fake boxing match? With a character who has X-Pac heat with me (Long story, but that basically means I really hate her not because she's a good villain, but because I find her an annoying person I don't want to read about as a hero or a villain)? You'd have to pay *me* to read that.

Out of curiosity, where are the Justice League solicitations for August? Did they not put them out? Or are we just not counting them as Superman? I doubt I'd get those either, but with SuperDad just one of six people, and hopefully no SuperJon, plus Bryan Hitch, who's writing I like, I might think about buying those individually if the stories were going somewhere good. Probably not, but I'd like to see the solicitations, if they are out there.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 05-16-2016 at 06:30 PM.

JL solicits are out, yeah. And it sounds like Batman doesn't like Superdad one bit so maybe you'll like it, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    These all look horrible, to be perfectly honest. I probably won't buy any of them. By far the worst is the Harley Quinn comic. Looking at Action Comics versus the Superman title from June through August, I think I'd be more likely to go with Action Comics if I decided to get one of them, but of course the Action Comics storyline line appears to disintegrate into being all about SuperJon by the August issues (Joining the relaunched Superman title, which appears to be all about SuperJon from issue #1), which is what I was afraid of. I highly doubt I'll be buying anything new involving Superman from DC Comics after Superman #52 on May 25, apart from my subscription to JLA to see how the current storyline ends (And it looks like those may be delayed indefinitely if they come out at all because they are set pre-Rebirth and not what DC Comics is focusing on- so I may not have that opportunity).

I would be more likely to buy a non-Superman comic from DC Comics with the direction they're taking this line than to buy a Superman comic. Maybe something like Green Arrow. But I have no solid plans in that regard. Right now, it looks like I'll be getting some Marvel and Image Comics this summer, and maybe some old new52 back catalog Superman stories I missed when they were first published (Like Unchained).

Out of curiosity, where are the Justice League solicitations for August? Did they not put them out? Or are we just not counting them as Superman? I doubt I'd get those either, but with SuperDad just one of six people, and hopefully no SuperJon, plus Bryan Hitch, who's writing I like, I might think about buying those individually if the stories were going somewhere good. Probably not, but I'd like to see the solicitations, if they are out there.
    if you are going to get from other publisher could i recommend you transformers: more than meets the eyes?

back on topic those are really unnapelling as i said before. except for the ladies books, those seem to be going an interesting route. i would change any superjon book for a krypto book

imagine krypto: the white guardian from the house of el

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    :sigh: I think they're trying, I'll give Jurgens and Tomasi that. For all my snark of the direction, I think they will put forth some effort. Even if its not my thing. But will Berganza derail their plans? History leans toward the answer of yes, he will.
    If this crap (SuperDad, SuperJon, these storylines) is what happens when they sideline Berganza, then bring back Berganza.

There, I said it.

Obviously, I'm just talking in creative terms.

I am against sexual harassment of all kinds.

But if somehow this is because Berganza isn't working on the comics, then they may need his help.

If this is happening at Berganza's direction, then fire him twice.

Leaving aside non-comic related stuff (I understand if they need to fire him for non-comics related reasons).

Whomever's responsible for killing off new52 Superman in favor SuperJon and his supporting cast made a horrible mistake. And it's compounded by moving in one of the least inspiring directions I can think of. I mean, if you told me I had to come up with a plot for a SuperDad story arc, I think as much as I dislike the concept, I could do much better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    If this crap (SuperDad, SuperJon, these storylines) is what happens when they sideline Berganza, then bring back Berganza.

There, I said it.

Obviously, I'm just talking in creative terms.

I am against sexual harassment of all kinds.

But if somehow this is because Berganza isn't working on the comics, then they may need his help.

If this is happening at Berganza's direction, then fire him twice.

Leaving aside non-comic related stuff (I understand if they need to fire him for non-comics related reasons).

Whomever's responsible for killing off new52 Superman in favor SuperJon and his supporting cast made a horrible mistake. And it's compounded by moving in one of the least inspiring directions I can think of. I mean, if you told me I had to come up with a plot for a SuperDad story arc, I think as much as I dislike the concept, I could do much better than this.
    Actually as Berganza had edited the Pre-Infinite Crisis Superman titles for a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the people that came up with the idea of cutting out Nuperman and pasting Superdad in.

if you are going to get from other publisher could i recommend you transformers: more than meets the eyes?

back on topic those are really unnapelling as i said before. except for the ladies books, those seem to be going an interesting route. i would change any superjon book for a krypto book

imagine krypto: the white guardian from the house of el
    It's a pity Pre-Flashpoint Krypto didn't make it to the current universe so we could have the classic Krypto and Direwolf Krypto star in a team up book.

The Adventures of Kryptos.has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    JL solicits are out, yeah. And it sounds like Batman doesn't like Superdad one bit so maybe you'll like it, lol.
    Maybe that's (the new Rebirth Justice League) the book for me. My token DC Comics book. Where one of my favorite writers is working on it, SuperJon is hopefully nowhere in sight, SuperDad is only one of 6 main characters, and Batman hates SuperDad (if they really do and stick to that last point, it'd be a selling point for me). Where are the solicitations for that? On the main comicbookresources page? Or some other site?

if you are going to get from other publisher could i recommend you transformers: more than meets the eyes?l
    My subs for the summer right now:

Black Science (Image Comics)
    Squadron Supreme (Marvel Comics)
    Howard the Duck (Marvel Comics)
    Nighthawk (Marvel Comics)*

* Last one I subbed to just to make sure I didn't miss the first issue. We'll see after that, but I like some of the early Nighthawk descriptions/solicitations for the other early issues of the new series on Comixology, so it's probably a keeper. I dropped Hyperion (Marvel Comics) because the story arc is putting me to sleep (Basically issues 1 and 2 had a 1 issue story that is now going to go on for two more issues, but I might get issue #5 when it looks like they are starting a new arc)

Plus, I kept JLA on my list of active subs on Comixology, but I am not sure what they are doing with it. They are right in the middle of an arc solidly set before Rebirth chronologically, so editorial might not really want those issues coming out. The storyline is about Rao, so they kind of need Superman, but they probably don't want to do new52 Superman stories, even as a flashbacks while he's dead or whatever in the "present" (The cliffhanger on the last issue was him appearing dead, so they might just have him be presumed dead for the arc, with us knowing he comes back to life and then dies again in the books set afterward, to finish it, but then you have a bunch of non-Kryptonians battling the god of ancient Krypton, which is weird). The writer is now assigned to a book that will be double shipping (Regular Justice League, beginning in July). The JLA issues keep getting delayed. I wouldn't be shocked if they just cancel it, which would be a shame because I really liked the beginning of this story.

I wish they'd get over themselves and just let JLA finish the arc with new52 Superman intact as planned. If Hitch is busy, let him hand his story outline for the rest of it to another writer to finish working from Hitch's outline, maybe with Hitch working the scripts over and correcting them if he has time, and then closing the comic out when the arc is over in preparation for the Rebirth version they say they are launching sometime in the fall (Which may have a different set of characters and such).

A cancellation in the middle of the story arc would I think upset a lot of people. It'd make me even more wary of DC Comics going forward. Just close it out. If you have to do something stupid like cramming it all into one final issue, that's better than just cancelling it, at least we'd get an ending, even though it would be kind of lame given that it was maybe the best thing DC Comics was doing for much of it's eight issue or so run (Other than the substitute Martian Manhunter story one month that had nothing to do with the storyarc, presumably due to a delay on the next Rao arc issue).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The whole Superman line looks like a misguided mess, but hey look SUPERGIRL is moving along strong! Finally!