Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post

But, that kind of storytelling will get the book banned in China, so I'm not holding my breath.
    MAYBE. A Japanese superman would had better luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Super-Man seems so uninspired. It's just DC trying to get at the Chinese market. The fact that the Chinese Batman has no originality and looks just like the regular Bats is just kinda lame. Was there a unique Chinese Batman from Batman Inc.? There's a Chinese Wonder Woman and a Chinese Justice League too?

Is the premise going to seem offensive to Chinese readers? The young man from China is a selfish jerk until he absorbs the essence of a white American hero.
    it can really backfire on DC, Gene isn't chinese born and was only there like twice.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    MAYBE. A Japanese superman would had better luck.
    Already done in Elseworlds. Hoshi from Shogun of Steel, they could try a modern version of him or something. I mean some AU Superman in a different nation and culture is an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it can really backfire on DC, Gene isn't chinese born and was only there like twice.
    He's written a lot of Chinese books, though. Really great ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    He's written a lot of Chinese books, though. Really great ones.
    I know, bu tit is very different from writing a superhero version of a ocidental character

Astonishing Member

Curious about much of these, but frankly it still comes down to what we get in the first month of Rebirth Superman stories. Hard to say "I'm in!" on round two when I haven't read round one yet. Still I think Orlando/Lupacchino on Supergirl might be a pretty safe bet, and frankly Phil Jimenez on a Lois Lane book is like a dream come true. Tomasi (and Gleason) certainly have enough pull that I'm not worried about editorial messing with his story. He plays good with the big picture of DC, having been a top editor there, and his writing balance has always been such a linkage between the wild Morrisonian stuff and the consequential Johns stuff, so like, who's going to tell Pete Tomasi what he can and can't write?

Anyway, if the first month of books give me some damn Clark Kent in Metropolis with Jimmy, world's most interesting photographer, Olsen, actual Metropolis supporting characters (hey look, it's Maggie!), and some you know, things to do that feel like character stuff, on point stories about how important journalism is not just to the really real world but also to the values inherent in Superman himself, and not just monster fights and "NOT MY FAMILY" llama drama, we'll be in business.

I'm already pretty intrigued by Zircher's art of Maggie (Commish?) Sawyer on the scene of a disaster trying to keep a fearless Jimmy from getting closer to the danger for a photo.

We'll see!
    Last edited by K. Jones; 05-17-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I wonder if..

Superwoman(post-lois) hair is almost identical to pre-lois just because she decided to cut it.. or because she became friend of the family of superdad? because they are on the cover and convinced of it...

then lois lane could wear a wig with long hair(as if she had never cut her hair), something like clark with glasses or BATWOMAN the only difference is that superwoman would wear a wig to civilian life and short hair of heroin.

NO, superdad will not do to me leave this serie, this is LOIS SERIE.. He will be a secondary secondary character
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-17-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Kind of like how nearly every solicit for the Superman/Wonder Woman title teased their break up in some fashion going all the way back to issue one. Or how many times we've seen the phrase "bold new era!" or " this will shake Superman to his core!" or "nothing will be the same" or a similar sentiment reworded in the majority of the solicits for Superman books over the last five years (or longer actually)?

It's less about Jurgens than the repetitive nature of these solicits, and really, the repetitive nature of the people editing the titles.
    I agree. Perhaps this is why he agrees to let Jon become the new Superboy. If he is going to be constantly in danger by virtue of being the son of Superman, who considering his line of work, may or may not be able to protect him, should learn how to protect himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Aside from Supergirl, I really don't see much to get excited about here. I want to give the Superman replacement a chance. I really do. But I just have a hard time when DC went to such length to make Superman single, unmarried, and without any children. Now, they've basically cut and pasted from another era a different Superman to replace the one they spent five years developing. I really can't bring myself to get excited about that. It just feels like they want to have their cake and eat it too. And it feels too forced.
    Yup, that's exactly why I'm not buying those books.
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Aside from Supergirl, I really don't see much to get excited about here. I want to give the Superman replacement a chance. I really do. But I just have a hard time when DC went to such length to make Superman single, unmarried, and without any children. Now, they've basically cut and pasted from another era a different Superman to replace the one they spent five years developing. I really can't bring myself to get excited about that. It just feels like they want to have their cake and eat it too. And it feels too forced.
    It felt similar to me when they swapped Ben Reilly for Peter Parker as the actual Spider-Man. I dropped the whole Spider-Man line for one of only two times when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    It felt similar to me when they swapped Ben Reilly for Peter Parker as the actual Spider-Man. I dropped the whole Spider-Man line for one of only two times when that happened.
    Spiderman is the best hero of marvel, no?

I have see TV series of marvel years ago but Spiderman is the only I still remember well(and I play Spiderman 2) as Hulk(but this, no matter) And as batman Spiderman remain engraved in my memory, I guess the story of both and their enemies have to do.

I'm not a fan of marvel, but I still respecting this character.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-17-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #5
    Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    Art and cover by NEAL ADAMS • 1:25 Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    (Mumble-mumble) years ago, the alien race known as the Scrubb forced Superman into a boxing match for the ages, against Earth’s greatest heavyweight champion, (mumble-mumble)! Now, (mumble-mumble) years later, the Scrubb have returned…but with said champion unavailable, the Scrubb have chosen the next-best thing: Harley Quinn! This can’t end well for anyone involved. Featuring unbelievable art by the legendary Neal Adams, it’s a tribute to one of the greatest Superman stories of the 1970s, in Harley Quinn’s own particular, ah, idiom!
    On sale AUGUST 24 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+
    This solicit seems incomplete, it lacks something like "Superman has to protect his son Jon from Harley Quinn."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This solicit seems incomplete, it lacks something like "Superman has to protect his son Jon from Harley Quinn."
    Joking aside.. Superman should have come before in Harley book.. No superdad. He has spoiled me the book this month.

Im still trying to figure out how we can get such a great homage to a old Bronze Age story in a book that isnt a Superman book, while the Super-line seems to be trying to pretend like nothing outside of 1986-2011 happened at all.

DC has a real issue with Superman's history, yet Harley gets to dip into that and show it some love? Harley??? WTF, DC??? I mean, I love me some Harley Quinn, but....its like were living in Bizarro America!

This is the only issue post-Rebirth that I am actually looking forward to (though Super-Sons certainly has my attention, I'll be checking that out).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Joking aside.. Superman should have come before in Harley book.. No superdad. He has spoiled me the book this month.
    Yeah, bad timing.