Mighty Member

Default Magog from DC vs Loki (Marvel comics)

Who would win in a fight between other universe lookalike and similar villains?

Which Magog is this ?

Astonishing Member

Mangog? From Marvel?

No Magog as in the horned dude from Kingdom Come/ Kingdom. Or in the name of Gog. Or Gog wars . Or that JSAer who was turned to Magog and led JLA All stars with power girl

It's unclear which .

I believe Gog is different from Magog.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yeah, I think TDK knows that, and was listing titles of stories that featured Magog, not using Gog and Magog interchangeably.

Oh my Gog. Just pick one already.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Some versions of this guy are pretty broken. More powerful than most of the JLA and JSA combined, and with nanosecond reaction times and what not as I recall.

Almost all DC characters have at least one nanosecond reaction feat. It's a rite of passage over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Almost all DC characters have at least one nanosecond reaction feat. It's a rite of passage over there.
    I don't recall Gog having nano second reaction feats?
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Like Cthulhu says - it's DC. Even Ma Hunkel still has the occasional nanosecond feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He is ...and he isn't . See the guy in "In the name of Gog" who got retconned by the time "Thy Kingdom Come" came around looked like Magog but was called Gog (and in the case of the latter , referred to as Magog too after another Retcon ).He was also the same person except his story went from "parents died in OWAW" to "I serve Gog" and that again is differnet from the earth 22 Kingdom Come Magog who is the same in Kingdom (both Elseworlds except thy Kingdom come made Kingdom come an alternate universe story with a differnet ending than the Kingdom , original sequel written by the writer . Thy kingdom come was a JSA story written by Johns but also the artist from the original Kingdom come )

Thy Kingdom come ends with a whole new Gog , the "real" Gog and a new Magog , a heroic version who then features in JSA titles and even had his own solo later

So basically there are like 4 different versions of people who look like Magog and some of them are called Gog but Gog's actually retconned later to be a completely different dude (an Old God)

Incidentally I can't recall any version having nanosecond reaction time

Edit : Oh yeah Kingdom Gog was clocked as being so fast they needed to move in nanoseconds to stop him (later both supermen did move in nanoseconds )
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-16-2016 at 03:04 AM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I would like to be able to weigh in on this fight. I really would. But it seems like we have no idea exactly whom Loki is facing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He is ...and he isn't . See the guy in "In the name of Gog" who got retconned by the time "Thy Kingdom Come" came around looked like Magog but was called Gog (and in the case of the latter , referred to as Magog too after another Retcon ).He was also the same person except his story went from "parents died in OWAW" to "I serve Gog" and that again is differnet from the earth 22 Kingdom Come Magog who is the same in Kingdom (both Elseworlds except thy Kingdom come made Kingdom come an alternate universe story with a differnet ending than the Kingdom , original sequel written by the writer . Thy kingdom come was a JSA story written by Johns but also the artist from the original Kingdom come )

Thy Kingdom come ends with a whole new Gog , the "real" Gog and a new Magog , a heroic version who then features in JSA titles and even had his own solo later

So basically there are like 4 different versions of people who look like Magog and some of them are called Gog but Gog's actually retconned later to be a completely different dude (an Old God)

Incidentally I can't recall any version having nanosecond reaction time

Edit : Oh yeah Kingdom Gog was clocked as being so fast they needed to move in nanoseconds to stop him (later both supermen did move in nanoseconds )
    So...what you're saying is, Gog Magog Gog Not-Magog Not-Gog Gog Magog?

Notnale.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007