Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Unfortunately, it's within a toothskin of cancellation...typical of Marvel these days...

What? Why do you say that? Please, let this book last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Unfortunately, it's within a toothskin of cancellation...typical of Marvel these days...
    Of course it is. I've come to accept that the series' I'm really enjoying are actually just maxies, and not actual ongoings. Everything ends far too soon these days. :/
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    What? Why do you say that? Please, let this book last!!!!
    Get more people to read it. Marvel has no institutional loyalty to ANYthing these days. It's all about "counting the beans". Enough beans = book lives. Not enough beans = book dies.

But the nuMarvel readership doesn't want to touch a book about 2nd and 3rd tier characters who aren't on one of the Big Teams, since such characters don't "count".

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    If you like Aracelly check out the recent Scarlet Spider series.
    Why do you think I started this book in the first place?

I hope this series lasts it's so very good but I have my doubts. Sadly the change in art so soon and the fact that most of the characters are unknown probably hurts the sales a whole lot.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

*sigh* This is the most fun series from Marvel, imo. Of course it's going to be cancelled.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright I'll put up the spoilers if no one minds.

-The Avengers see some anomalies from Mount Wundagore in Europe when it appears in NY
    -New Warriors freak out a little(except Aracely) and yell at Jake Waffles the dog man who explains the mountain is only kind of in New York, as it is both here and in Europe at the same time.
    -New York is freaked out and blames Inhumans, some actually show up(but more on that later).
    -Speedball and Justice argue with Cap. and Iron man both about the Moutain and the New Warriors, with Justice quitting the Avengers as he defends the New Warriors name.
    -As this is going on everyone else is being watched by Thor when WaterSnake starts to hallucinate and try's to kill Thor, starting a fight between the New Warriors and Thor.
    -It turns out it's all thanks to some evil dark god dwarf, who Aracely incinerates(Awesome!)
    -Party with Thor!
    -Haechi goes home but it gets blown up by those Inhumans from earlier, I guess they wanted him to join them.

Hope this helps.
    New York is so fickle in Marvel. It used to be "All dem Mutants fault" now it's all about blaming the Inhumans for everything nowadays.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 06-28-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    New York is so fickle in Marvel. It used to be "All dem Mutants fault" now it's all about blaming the Inhumans for everything nowadays.
    Well, truth to be told the JGHS has suffered a surprisingly low amount of anti-mutant attacks. I guess mutants are getting out of fashion and people seek other menaces to focus in; not even AIM bothered capture the Uncanny X-Men, since they already had a shiny new inhuman...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-29-2014 at 05:08 AM.

BANNED

Because that way they get to play with the "mutant prejudice" trope w/o doing anything that helps Fox Studios.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright I'll put up the spoilers if no one minds.

-The Avengers see some anomalies from Mount Wundagore in Europe when it appears in NY
    -New Warriors freak out a little(except Aracely) and yell at Jake Waffles the dog man who explains the mountain is only kind of in New York, as it is both here and in Europe at the same time.
    -New York is freaked out and blames Inhumans, some actually show up(but more on that later).
    -Speedball and Justice argue with Cap. and Iron man both about the Moutain and the New Warriors, with Justice quitting the Avengers as he defends the New Warriors name.
    -As this is going on everyone else is being watched by Thor when WaterSnake starts to hallucinate and try's to kill Thor, starting a fight between the New Warriors and Thor.
    -It turns out it's all thanks to some evil dark god dwarf, who Aracely incinerates(Awesome!)
    -Party with Thor!
    -Haechi goes home but it gets blown up by those Inhumans from earlier, I guess they wanted him to join them.

Hope this helps.
    Nice to see Justice sticking up for the New Warriors after far too long. The Avengers shouldn't have pushed it that far, well intended or not.

I hate to be a downer, Yost is one the best writers Marvel has and I love all the characters in New Warriors. That said I'm finding this whole series a bit bland, we're constantly jumping from event to event but nothings really playing out or following through from any these situations. Everything feels very crammed and rushed, all the characters are lost in random threads of story.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with New Warriors till the end, I loved Yost's Scarlet Spider run and I have to know what happens to Kaine and Aracely. All the other characters are great too, I just wish things would slow down a bit so we can get a feel for the team and its members. Yost's great at character development, give the characters a little room to breath and clash with each other. That's what made Scarlet Spider great, that's what made Yost's Runaways/Young Avengers stuff great.
    Last edited by CartooN; 07-05-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Fantastic Member

A lot of the population probably doesn't know the difference.

Honestly, I've never been a New Warriors fan (like the individual characters usually when they went there own paths in other books but as a team not so much), only really came in for Yost, Scarlet Spider and "Hummingbird" but I've loved this book. The art has been good enough and seriously how can you not love see Jake Waffles as a named character on the recap page.

I MEAN I DON'T EVEN LIKE DOGS and I LOVE IT!!

I have to say I only picked up the issue as I heard Tony was in it, but I really enjoyed it. It was just a really fun read and I enjoyed the art as well. I already put the first 5 issues in my folder and will be adding it to my pull list.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I have to say I only picked up the issue as I heard Tony was in it, but I really enjoyed it. It was just a really fun read and I enjoyed the art as well. I already put the first 5 issues in my folder and will be adding it to my pull list.
    Enjoyed this issue too. I liked the references to Civil War - not just the reference to the 'New Warriors brand' being tarnished by it but Justice calling out Tony Stark and Captain America about their roles in it too.

And CartooN, from what I've read Kaine and Justice seems to have a big part in issue 9, and we should get some focus on Haechi over the next couple of issues so hopefully plent of character stuff there. Plus there's whatever the deal is with Water Snake/Namorita...