Default Rebirth Ending Price Savings of Trade Waiting?

I was thinking about the monthly cost of reading post-Rebirth, which is uncomfortably high for me, so I started doing some number crunching to see how much money I would save if I started trade waiting. Currently, most DC trades are about $15 and contain five issues. With most of DC books currently at $3.99 an issue, this provides a nice price decrease of about $1 off per issue. With the DC line launching at $3 an issue, the benefit of trade waiting will disappear since it will be about $3 an issue either way.

I can see the business benefit to DC to eliminate savings from trade waiting, since offering a product that delays demand for their product and reduces profits.

Do you think that DC will reduce the price of trades proportionally to around $11 so that the price benefit of trade waiting will remain or do you guys think that trade waiting to save money will become a thing of the past?

Well, I have a Catwoman trade here with 6 issues and an annual in it for $16.99. I believe the annuals are $5 even for the $3 books, but I could be wrong. So, would have been $23 in single issues (or $22 if the annual is $4). Still a savings there.

I was looking at the most recent two Grayson trades which both have four issues and one annual apiece. I forgot annuals usually cost more, but with books shipping twice a month, annuals will be further apart in trades so this will be less of a factor.

Do you guys think that trades will be twice as often or twice as thick following Rebirth?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I was looking at the most recent two Grayson trades which both have four issues and one annual apiece. I forgot annuals usually cost more, but with books shipping twice a month, annuals will be further apart in trades so this will be less of a factor.

Do you guys think that trades will be twice as often or twice as thick following Rebirth?
    My guess is twice as often. It would be great if DC started releasing the trades sooner after Rebirth, like Mavel does.