Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Avengers'" Waid Explains All-New Wasp Inspiration, Cosmic Prison Breaks

Mark Waid tells CBR about "All-New, All-Different Avengers'" new Wasp and the interstellar adventure that pits his team against Annihilus.

Full article here.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Kids against Annihilus. Oh, this is going to be trainwreck fun.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Niffleheim

The alleged daughter is going to be introduced to Janet without a DNA test - Jarvis i'm not happy with you.

I hope this space trip solves the Sam's search of his father once and for all so he can have some fun escapade in his solo book.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So happy it's an Asrar arc. Been really unhappy with Kuberts work in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Same, Asrar's artwork on this series has been phenomenal in each issue he draws.

As for what's coming up story wise for this team, I don't really care about the new Wasp one way or the other but perhaps more time with her as a member of the team may change that for me. As for taking on Annihilus, I'm not sure Miles, Sam, and Kamala can even take on someone like that so it should be interesting to see what happens.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So after this will be ANADA's tie-ins to CWII? Well, let's hunker down and hope for the best.

Has everyone seen these interlocking covers coming up for issues 13-15 plus annual, featuring the whole new lineup? Bigger version and details were posted at Comicbook.com.

avengers13-15SMALLposteralexross.jpg

SO COOL! Right now this seems like the most exciting lineup of Avengers ever, especially with this new Wasp, mostly for the staggering potential of the stories yet to be written. The series so far has had some of the funnest superhero team writing in forever, and I really hope that Waid gets to stick with these characters for a long time. (Along with Asrar... less so Kubert; Asrar is perfect for this book and it's no coincidence that his issues stand well above the others in quality. It would be cool to see him rotate with another more sympatico penciller, like maybe a David Lopez?)

BANNED

Same here, Asrar has been doing a fantastic job. Suits the book's teenage vibe much better than Kubert's art.

Me too. Really wish they would just have Asrar full-time even if it means fewer issues per year. Also I really love the new Wasp so far and I am a huge Janet fan from way back. There's no reason we can't have two Wasps in this day and age of two Spider-Mans, Captain Americas, Hawkeyes and Wolverines. I love that Waid tied the new Wasp's origin into so much old school Avengers lore. Can't wait to see what happens next. My main complaint about the book is that the stories have been a little bit shallow so far overall.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Has everyone seen these interlocking covers coming up for issues 13-15 plus annual, featuring the whole new lineup? Bigger version and details were posted at Comicbook.com.

SO COOL! Right now this seems like the most exciting lineup of Avengers ever, especially with this new Wasp, mostly for the staggering potential of the stories yet to be written. The series so far has had some of the funnest superhero team writing in forever, and I really hope that Waid gets to stick with these characters for a long time. (Along with Asrar... less so Kubert; Asrar is perfect for this book and it's no coincidence that his issues stand well above the others in quality. It would be cool to see him rotate with another more sympatico penciller, like maybe a David Lopez?)
    That's just AWESOME. Alex Ross has been killing these Marvel covers.

As for David Lopez, I believe he's done with comics for the time being.

This book has been very hit or miss, I hope it gets better with this upcoming arc.
    We need better comics

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post

SO COOL! Right now this seems like the most exciting lineup of Avengers ever,
    I love Asrar's art and Alex Ross' covers are just amazing!! The stories by Waid are fun, and entertaining.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

AWESOME cover!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All-New Member

Tom suggested there might be something to introducing someone who was a nod to that film's Hope van Dyne without in any way minimizing Janet's role in the Marvel Universe. And I think we've succeeded.
    Considering Janet's basically not being used at all and *other Bendis' fridging of her and a brief bit under Remender's pen) has more or less been completely unused since Busiek's time, I'm not sure you have succeeded, Mr. Waid. I appreciate your respect for the Marvel universe, but Jan's basically been completely removed from the pages of Marvel's book. Not minimizing her role would be having her as a main character in a book. Doesn't necessarily have to be ANAD Avengers -- A-Force feels like a very natural spot for her, IMO -- but she should be somewhere in which she has an actual storyline dedicated to her.

Waid I can believe has a great love for Janet. Brevoort? Eh...

It would be nice to see Janet permanently join Uncanny and Nadia be in ANAD, so one Wasp isn't being marginalized over the other, even if I think in the grand scheme of things Marvel is probably more concerned with Nadia because she's standing in for Hope.