Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Post Crisis Superman vs New 52 Superman

My apologies if this thread was done in the past but with DC making another mess of their universe and things are about to end for New 52, I wanted to see which one would win if they had to fight each other for survival

Right now I'm not sure. I feel Post Crisis is more durable and possibly faster. New 52 Superman moved War World easily, lifted the mass of the earth (6 sextillion tons) for 5 days, and speed blitzes often
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-17-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My apologies if this thread was done in the past but with DC making another mess of their universe and things are about to end for New 52, I wanted to see which one would win if they had to fight each other for survival

Right now I'm not sure. I feel Post Crisis is more durable and possibly faster. New 52 Superman moved War World easily, lifted the mass of the earth (6 sextillion tons) for 5 days, and speed blitzes often

How are they making another mess? Rebirth looks like its tiding things up abit if anything.

Anywho as for the question, I think they would pretty much be on equal ground in a fight, so it would probably end in a draw.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

For the strength and durability department, NuSupes has the advantage there.
    So he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    How are they making another mess? Rebirth looks like its tiding things up abit if anything.

Anywho as for the question, I think they would pretty much be on equal ground in a fight, so it would probably end in a draw.
    It's ... Definitely not a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I lean toward the guy who is close to light speed in reaction time, being post Crisis Superman. I don't think nu Supes has any reaction feats that would place him at significant portion of light.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    I lean toward the guy who is close to light speed in reaction time, being post Crisis Superman. I don't think nu Supes has any reaction feats that would place him at significant portion of light.
    I was going to ask if nuSupes had any nanosecond feats or similar, since post-Crisis Superman has scads of them. That'll definitely serve to negate the apparent strength/durability advantage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's ... Definitely not a good change.
    See, that's why I am currently staying the hell away from DC comics, until they get their s#!t together and start turning out high-quality story arcs again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Nu Clark has a feat that put him up in that bracket for speed. It involves reading an entire medical library in minutes so he can perform surgery on Lois Lane. He's also got other stuff involving microseconds and semi keeping up with the Flash.

He's also go that thing where he flies from Pluto to Earth in what basically amounts for the time it takes the Red Hood to teleport between the two points. Most of that is travel speed, but I did always wonder how he was able to find the Hood on Earth so fast. Did the teleporter leave some sort of trail he could follow, or did he manage to use his super senses to locate the Hood and company by searching the planet? I guess for rumbles purposes it's best to assume the weakest interpretation, which is that the teleportation left a trail.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

*insensible growling noises*

Sorry, that medical library feat just irks the bejesus out of me, since it involves Clark apparently taking the time to read every medical book ever written (even assuming obviously ridiculous levels of hyperbole, just reading every book in the memory that isn't an older edition or foreign language translation of another book, or some sort of outdated classic kept around as a status symbol, it would mean he still wasted tons of time reading about podiatry/dentistry/proctology/etc... before he proceeded to show that he had no idea about how to properly perform surgery by not cutting/stripping Lois of her clothing (thus leaving her severely exposed to infection), using his thumbnail instead of a sterilized surgical scalpel (again with the infection), and then cauterizing the wound as though spot-wielding Lois back together was a clean and effective alternative to stitching rather than a last ditch resort that would still be giving her massive burns (that are vulnerable to infection and necrosis).

Maybe he just saw Superman 2 and thought that he had Repair Great Wall of China Vision and wanted to see how that worked when it came to fixing human beings?

*insensible growling noises*

Sorry, that medical library feat just irks the bejesus out of me, since it involves Clark apparently taking the time to read every medical book ever written (even assuming obviously ridiculous levels of hyperbole, just reading every book in the memory that isn't an older edition or foreign language translation of another book, or some sort of outdated classic kept around as a status symbol, it would mean he still wasted tons of time reading about podiatry/dentistry/proctology/etc... before he proceeded to show that he had no idea about how to properly perform surgery by not cutting/stripping Lois of her clothing (thus leaving her severely exposed to infection), using his thumbnail instead of a sterilized surgical scalpel (again with the infection), and then cauterizing the wound as though spot-wielding Lois back together was a clean and effective alternative to stitching rather than a last ditch resort that would still be giving her massive burns (that are vulnerable to infection and necrosis).

Maybe he just saw Superman 2 and thought that he had Repair Great Wall of China Vision and wanted to see how that worked when it came to fixing human beings?
    Naaaah. More like he just Prometheus.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Nu Clark has a feat that put him up in that bracket for speed. It involves reading an entire medical library in minutes so he can perform surgery on Lois Lane. He's also got other stuff involving microseconds and semi keeping up with the Flash.

He's also go that thing where he flies from Pluto to Earth in what basically amounts for the time it takes the Red Hood to teleport between the two points. Most of that is travel speed, but I did always wonder how he was able to find the Hood on Earth so fast. Did the teleporter leave some sort of trail he could follow, or did he manage to use his super senses to locate the Hood and company by searching the planet? I guess for rumbles purposes it's best to assume the weakest interpretation, which is that the teleportation left a trail.
    Feats pretty.... Eh. Not to mention it's one feat in several years. Would need a fair few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I was going to ask if nuSupes had any nanosecond feats or similar, since post-Crisis Superman has scads of them. That'll definitely serve to negate the apparent strength/durability advantage here.
    Post Crisis Superman has three so called nano second reaction "feats": Action 642 where Clark was talking to Deadman between a nano second of time, courtesy of Hal Jordan's ring; Adventures 603, which is Clark looking for a place to stash a particularly explosive child, most of which was accomplished in a straight line, and a statement from JLA: Black Baptism, which really doesn't amount to much but a statement....none of which squares with post Crisis Clark's inability to enter the time stream.

But yeah, I see post Crisis Clark as superior to nu 52 Supes in terms of reaction speed. Post Crisis Clark is about as close as one can get to FTL reaction speed as one can get if we go by high feats (which we do).

Nu Clark, not so much. I seem to recall Clark having a singular millisecond reaction feat and then there is the feat of him reading through every medical text ever published.

Without leaving the hospital he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Feats pretty.... Eh. Not to mention it's one feat in several years. Would need a fair few more.
    The nu 52 stuff is a little weird. I just haven't found as many impressive feats for nu Clark as I have post Crisis version. I heard something to the effect that the new reboot is a deliberate return to post Crisis version or some such?
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

^That might be because the respect threads with him were are closed and cast into the void. I think Nu had at least 6 or 7 microsecond type feats in the time I was reading his comic. offhand I remember I think 2 or 3 from Superman Unchained.

"Superman 4: The Quest For Peace" was the one with Repair Great Wall of China Vision (AKA Rewind The Movie Vision). Superman 2 was the one with the throwable cellophane Superman "S" shield that provides a momentary minor inconvenience for enemies.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Superman 4: The Quest For Peace"
    Heresy Stamp.jpg

Shhh. We do not speak its name.
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Ultimate Member

Post Crisis Superman was hella fast but Nuperman is stronger.

I'm not sure about durability.

All in all, I favor Post Crisis Supes because he seems to be faster.