Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is that his heat vision doing that, there? Honestly can't tell from those scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is that his heat vision doing that, there? Honestly can't tell from those scans.
    It's not Superman so it doesn't matter.

So I am still kinda hanging here with my question: who has superior heat vision and frost breath? NU Supes? Or Pre-NU Supes? I got some feats for NU Supes, but what about pre-nu?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It's not Superman so it doesn't matter.

So I am still kinda hanging here with my question: who has superior heat vision and frost breath? NU Supes? Or Pre-NU Supes? I got some feats for NU Supes, but what about pre-nu?
    I mean, it's a clone of the guy. I'm curious if he actually pulled off that stunt there with his heat vision, and how measured up the real deal.

While it's not a feat for Nu Clark per se, it's also noteworthy, especially as it isn't out of line with what we have already seen from Nu Clark's other powers.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 05-18-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, it's a clone of the guy. I'm curious if he actually pulled off that stunt there with his heat vision, and how measured up the real deal.

While it's not a feat for Nu Clark per se, it's also noteworthy, especially as it isn't out of line with what we have already seen from NY Clark's other powers.
    Has it harmed other NU Kryptonians?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

All-New Member

Striking feats are what matters in a fight, not lifting strength. Post Crisis Superman has way better striking feats, and reaction time, so he wins. Also, that goes to durability as well, since Post Crisis Superman is more durable

Quote Originally Posted by XLR87T3 View Post
    Striking feats are what matters in a fight, not lifting strength. Post Crisis Superman has way better striking feats, and reaction time, so he wins. Also, that goes to durability as well, since Post Crisis Superman is more durable
    You made an account and revived a two year dead thread, just for that.

Also, up in this piece, strength feats are just as relevant, given that they reflect.. strength. You can say that they're not, but that won't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by XLR87T3 View Post

Also, up in this piece, strength feats are just as relevant, given that they reflect.. strength. You can say that they're not, but that won't make it so.

Extraordinary Member

For durability, didn't PC Superman survive a blast the equivalent of 50 kepler supernovas? What does Nu52 have that can compare to that?

After around 2005 PC Superman seemed to be back at Silver Age levels of ridiculousness in power.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    For durability, didn't PC Superman survive a blast the equivalent of 50 kepler supernovas? What does Nu52 have that can compare to that?

After around 2005 PC Superman seemed to be back at Silver Age levels of ridiculousness in power.
    That feat is highly contentious, TBH.

As for striking feats for Superman, dude was shaking the entire planet from punching a dude.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

A boxer or MMA fighter would destroy a powerlifter. Strength doesn't make you hit harder. Striking power is what matters here. Show any striking feats for New 52 Superman that matches or exceeds these:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6425/12d25e90...6a75ebc_hq.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

A boxer or MMA fighter would destroy a powerlifter. Strength doesn't make you hit harder.
    You really feel that strength on the level that could bench the planet would have zero relevance to how hard someone could hit?

Show any striking feats for New 52 Superman that matches or exceeds these:
    You really feel that Superman pulling something off by using speed to increase his mass reflects his pure striking power, while at the same time saying that strength on the level that could bench the planet will have no relevance to New 52 Supes?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-15-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Actually, strength /does/ make you hit harder. It's not the most important factor, and knowing how to punch is more important and blah blah, but it does make a bit of a difference.

Anyways, Pen already covered it perfectly. That moon breaking feat is a speed and mass thing. He turns himself into a missile.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Going to close this thread because it seem like a dubious necro and at least one of the participants in this new spate of activity isn't supposed to talk about Superman on Rumbles.