Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I really liked 2005.
    Yep, 2005 is my favorite too. Followed by 1976. 1972 and this newest one are just ok, but significantly better that that terrible 2012 logo.

The last one didn't last long LOL. I'm not crazy about this new one either, but it's a little better.

BANNED

image.jpg

IT can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenticles View Post
    Yep, 2005 is my favorite too. Followed by 1976. 1972 and this newest one are just ok, but significantly better that that terrible 2012 logo.
    2005 is my favorite, as well.
    Too bad someone forgot to register it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

2005 is a bit too busy. The bullet is the best. This one is alright. I like it more when I see it in action in Cyberpunk's mockups.

So DC can't use any stars now or else it falls into copyright infringement? That sucks. All because they were lazy and didn't make sure things were copyrighted properly. Stupid hippie shoe company and their stupid on the ball lawyers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-17-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Like someone else pointed out earlier, due to the star, they would probably run into another copyright infringement dispute with DC Shoes, which is why they changed the logo to the peel a few years ago in the first place. Until DC Shoes goes under, you won't be seeing a star in DC Comics' logo again.

Incredible Member

I quite liked the 2012 logo. Felt up to date, though I can agree with the idea that a break from that era is necessary.

Not a fan of the original logo, and the 2005 one felt too...2000's.

This one looks a bit too old-school and sporty on first glance, but in the right context (as some fan manips have shown), I think it could strike the perfect balance.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-17-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Needs more stars!

I really like this one.

The DC peel logo was created around the same time the company started to focus even more on multimedia. It's a logo that's meant to be seen in motion.

I hope they have something cool in mind when they display this logo before movies and after the tv shows. By itself it's a bit boring. Like most I miss the DC bullet logo.

This new logo looks like it's slapped on to a cheesy souvenir T-shirt you can buy at Union Station in Washington, DC.

Ick.

Spectacular Member

Seeing more fan made logos make me really annoyed with the person who forgot to register the 2005 one properly.

We could have had something like this:

That wins. Hands down. Hell get rid of the star for the copyright issues and its still awesome.

We need to get those skaters and snowboarders to buy another brand of gear so the other DC goes under, haha. But I guess that's not fair. Its DC's own fault for being idiots.

That said the blocky, 70's retro look this new logo has going has its charm. If only it was a portent to a Bronze Age feel in the actual content too, rather than the post-Crisis love letter I expect Rebirth to be.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-17-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

That's pretty much perfect

The logo CAN work if it's made a *bit* busier; even just putting a white border roughly the same thickness as the blue circle around it makes it look less plain, IMO:
    #WHYDIDYOUSAYTHATNAME

BANNED

Okay, the new logo looks a lot better when rotated at a 45 degree angle. I can tolerate it, but I still miss 2005. Copyright laws are the worst.