Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    In Pentagram, you should trust.
    Do you work for them or something? If people aren't impressed, they're not impressed.

Remember when the Gap changed their logo? Some will like it, others will wipe their arses with it.
    Last edited by Ropeburn; 05-18-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Do you work for them or something? If people aren't impressed, they're not impressed.

Remember when the Gap changed their logo? Some will like it, others will wipe their arses with it.
    Graphic Designers love Pentagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Graphic Designers love Pentagram.

I'm a Graphic Designer. It's fair to say "Some" Graphic Designers like/love them. Some of their stuff is uninspired. You definitely can't say all their ideas are amazing.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Amazing Member

Angry Something doesn't make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by jcl100 View Post
    The inclusion of stars would likely lead to trademark issues with DC Shoes. Considering what happened last time, I'd imagine they would be pretty hesitant to risk any kind of legal action.
    The WB lawyers for that trademark case must've been CR*P...
    DC shoes started in the early 90's.
    DC comics HAD the 'Bullet Logo' WITH the stars at that time, presumably copyrighted.

Why would they have an issue even if the 2011 'dishwasher/swish logo' wasn't copyrighted?

DC Shoes WERE using elements from the earlier 'bullet logo'...
    The WB lawyers should have HAMMERED them...NOT the other way around!

(I've gotta be missing something...what IS it? This doesn't add up.)

Greg

BANNED

A lot more boring from a graphic design standpoint than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
    DC comics HAD the 'Bullet Logo' WITH the stars at that time, presumably copyrighted.

Why would they have an issue even if the 2011 'dishwasher/swish logo' wasn't copyrighted?

Greg

DC lawyers forgot to trademark the swoosh logo with a single star when they changed it from the DC bullet logo. They had also stopped using the bullet logo so that trademark was no longer valid. DC Shoes trademarked their logo years ago. DC Comics had the opportunity then to challenge them but they didn't and DC Shoes successfully registered it. Now, the image of DC with a star, or likely any stars, is protected and not available to DC Comics.
    Last edited by maxmcco; 05-18-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    DC lawyers forgot to trademark the swoosh logo with a single star when they changed it from the DC bullet logo. They had also stopped using the bullet logo so that trademark was no longer valid. DC Shoes trademarked their logo years ago. DC Comics had the opportunity then to challenge them but they didn't and DC Shoes successfully registered it. Now, the image of DC with a star, to likely any stars, is protected and not available to DC Comics.
    Jesus... they got bloody Cap-Marveled! : O

(I found it a bit ironic, what with your avatar - and how DC suppressed and then acquired Captain Marvel from Fawcett. As I recall it, they got cap-marveled themselves with that though! ^^ Since Marvel had made their own Cap-Marvel while they were just sitting with their arses on top of Cap - and now, Marvel had the rights to the name... HAH!)

P.S: Thunderworld forever! Best issue of Multiversity. Convergence: Shazam was pretty good too though.

P.S.S: Morrison should do Cap Marvel as his next project - he's clearly got both love and affinity for the character, since he's written him in small bits any number of times already.
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 05-18-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post

Greg
    I can't say with any degree of certainty, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the trademark on the bullet logo had been allowed to lapse by the time of the lawsuit. Meaning that when they lost the case to DC Shoes the option to simply revert to the previous logo may not have been on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Jesus... they got bloody Cap-Marveled! : O

(I found it a bit ironic, what with your avatar - and how DC suppressed and then acquired Captain Marvel from Fawcett. As I recall it, they got cap-marveled themselves with that though! ^^ Since Marvel had made their own Cap-Marvel while they were just sitting with their arses on top of Cap - and now, Marvel had the rights to the name... HAH!)
    LOL! I love how you used Captain Marvel as a verb.

Oh yeah - here's my latest variation on the "bullet".

I think, oddly enough, that version #11 is my new fav'. It's very similar, but slightly simplified and tweaked. Remove a few lines, increase or decrease the thickness of a few others... VOILA!

What do you think lads and lass's? = )

new-dc2.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    DC lawyers forgot to trademark the swoosh logo with a single star when they changed it from the DC bullet logo. They had also stopped using the bullet logo so that trademark was no longer valid. DC Shoes trademarked their logo years ago. DC Comics had the opportunity then to challenge them but they didn't and DC Shoes successfully registered it. Now, the image of DC with a star, or likely any stars, is protected and not available to DC Comics.
    Ah, okay, thanks.
    (Damn, their corporate I.Q. is dropping by the year... )

Maybe they could use 'bullets' like----> • in lieu of stars?

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Oh yeah - here's my latest variation on the "bullet".

I think, oddly enough, that version #11 is my new fav'. It's very similar, but slightly simplified and tweaked. Remove a few lines, increase or decrease the thickness of a few others... VOILA!

What do you think lads and lass's? = )

new-dc2.jpg
    I like the little triangles inside the circle. They remind me of compass points.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Clark

I was thinking along same lines.DC_Logo_Blue_Final_WL.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    On May 25, DC Comics' new logo will debut with "DC Universe: Rebirth Special" #1 by Geoff Johns, Phil Jimenez, Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis and more.

Full article here.
    I liked the old logo better.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

It remind me of a hand stamp when you go to a club.