Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #52 Preview

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/excl...nder-woman-52/

I guess a leopard can never truly change it's spots. lol.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

WTH i just read

it reads like a sexist mexican soap opera. Finch just undoing one of the best things azzarello did

at least this is over

Mighty Member

Diana: "Zola! Is she..."
    "No, she's not fridged..."
    And then without any build up of any sort: "WHEEEERE IIIIIS ZEEEKE!?"

And then along comes a bunch of thinking out loud with lots of exposition.

Christ...

Said said. This being Finchs last one, I figure I'll give it a go. See where it ends, and where the next run begins. Gonna give BA/CC:s run a reread soon as well. Good times

So...one of the major themes of Azzarello's run, that Diana can turn the worst of her enemies into the best of friends, was just a lie.

This was one of my favorite aspects of Azzarello's run; his re-invention of the gods and how Diana became a part of their family. He left this as the building blocks for the next writer to play with, but instead, once again, the next writer just threw those blocks away.

This makes me sad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Diana: "Zola! Is she..."
    "No, she's not fridged..."
    And then without any build up of any sort: "WHEEEERE IIIIIS ZEEEKE!?"

And then along comes a bunch of thinking out loud with lots of exposition.
    this was really funny haha it's like she wasn't even remembering him then "oh zola is alive and then suddenly remembered that zeke exists

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    this was really funny haha it's like she wasn't even remembering him then "oh zola is alive and then suddenly remembered that zeke exists
    Or what if he was just somewhere else, taking a nap or something :P

So. I'm sorry--- the Goddess of Witchcraft....a GODDESS...is all like "boo hoo people threw rocks at me in the streets"----- you're a goddess. One-- why you shoppin' on the streets girl and Two-- you're evil-- why didn't you mow them down or turn them into dogs or spatulas or something?

also... thank god this crappy run is over!!

You have got to be kidding me with this nonsense.

It almost feels like Finch is giving DC Comics the gas face.

Fantastic Member

Who's the green gal with the spikes on her head? I stopped buying this months ago.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    So...one of the major themes of Azzarello's run, that Diana can turn the worst of her enemies into the best of friends, was just a lie.

This was one of my favorite aspects of Azzarello's run; his re-invention of the gods and how Diana became a part of their family. He left this as the building blocks for the next writer to play with, but instead, once again, the next writer just threw those blocks away.

This makes me sad

I would rather have seen Diana build a family with Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie,and Artemis. This duplicitous public domain "family" of Diana's left something to be desired. Hera's turnabout isn't something new. Some of the other Olympians did the same thing during Azzarello's run. It's the nature of the *beast*.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

It took Finch to get me to drop my favorite title that I had read through the good, bad and ugly but we all have limits! SOOOOO glad this fiasco is over!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You have got to be kidding me with this nonsense.

It almost feels like Finch is giving DC Comics the gas face.
    She's been doing that to the fans for months now. So let 'er rip!

Gotta love how Finch tries to make Zeus look like the victim when he's the one cheating.

Thank god this is over. Not only was the worst run of Wonder Woman I have ever read, it completely ruined anything Azzarello created. Bring on Rucka.

BANNED

Really does feel like we are now right back to where we all started 5 years ago with the New 52... Hera is a witch, but Diana's naive rather than confident, and some monster is after a child because Zeus had something to do with it. But no use lamenting bad comics, it's the last of Finch and the highlight of Rebirth is next, hopefully Finch doesn't set fire to Themyscira on her way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would rather have seen Diana build a family with Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie,and Artemis. This duplicitous public domain "family" of Diana's left something to be desired. Hera's turnabout isn't something new. Some of the other Olympians did the same thing during Azzarello's run. It's the nature of the *beast*.
    The duplicious nature of the gods is what makes the interesting... also it aids in the perception that they aren't there just to service Diana.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 05-18-2016 at 04:27 AM.